No announcement yet.

1.5 Revealed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

after watching and reading i can die happy...well when i play it finally after all this time i will dunno about the rest of ya.

Comment

I thought someone on Bioflames claimed once that there was no auto-aim in 1.5, there clearly is in the video .. maybe I'm thinking of something else, though.
      If you read this, you wasted five seconds of your life.

Comment

I hope they would remake this so we could play it now or just release it like that i would so love to play anyway it was presented to me...I WANT IT SO BAD!!!....i hope it goes somwhere

Comment

Just keep your cool guys. Most of you seem to realize the likelihood that the public will not get to play the game. I hear he's a known hoarder and on the DONATE page it's stated in a clause at the bottom that all prototypes/betas/code ect. is confidential and will not be copied or distributed. We'll have to see what Dot can pull off, but I wouldn't expect anything.

Anyway, a few observations about the video:

It is stated to be the "last official build" of 1.5. With some previous confidential information, what I see in the video, and my instinct tells me that it is not the "final beta". My guess is this is the build from December '96 that our background files came from and that was previewed by JP journalists. One of the main things that makes me believe this is Leon still holds his handgun up beside his head and Elza still holds hers pointing downward. All of Inflames's "final beta" images and the most recent of 1.5 screenshots and video from magazines seems to indicate that those poses were removed in the more final versions of 1.5.

Also, 1 box of handgun ammo on the table in the large room. I imagine you can assume he may have already picked one up, but I doubt this. Inflames' final beta image of that room (with Elza present), shows 2 handgun boxes on the table. Possibly a small detail that should be taken with a grain of salt, but just saying the earlier screenshots showed only 1 box as well.

Police zombie in the burning lab. Later screenshots/video and I believe some Inflames image or two showed they did at a later point exchange the police zombie placeholders with labcoat zombies. Strange that they'd still have that in there though with lab coat zombies in another room. I dunno.

Anyway, trivial things really, and may or may not be any real indication of what version it is, but at this point it doesn't matter as any playable version would be awesome, and I assume most rooms would be playable if you can get all the way to the burning lab, or at least most of the RPD to Warehouse should be linearly playable, since it wouldn't make sense if it was a final beta or even a press demo to have only certain rooms playable and had to jump around via debug or have doors connect to unrelated areas.

Very awesome stuff though. An amazingly positive review, and interesting new facts. I wonder if zombies really can't die from the handgun. The video sure seems to indicate that they never bloodpool (hence I would assume fully dead) with just handgun shots. That certainly would make it cool and possibly more challenging. I get the idea enemies probably respawn and certain areas give the ability to have an endless number of them (such as the broken shutter door where the zombies crawl under in the shutter hallway.

It's just sad that we most likely still won't get to play it. On one hand it's a small relief to know someone closer to our community has a playable build of the game, but on the other if he isn't releasing it now or some point, his preservation is kinda pointless. Unless he were to show us literally everything, but I have a feeling what we see on that webpage is likely all we'll get. Maybe a little more if we're lucky, but I wouldn't hope for much sadly.
          sigpic

Comment

Do Want.
            I really really hope this gets released. I will download this instantly.

Comment

OMFG - simple as ~tears of joy~

DOT GET ON MSN

Comment

Hah, there's one segment of the video which bears a HEAVY resembelance to the cargo container which Dario hid in at the start of RE3. Right down to the camera angles and the mapping of it, the insides are the exact same, only difference being the texture.
                PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

I think the word is out and their servers got slammed.... "Service unavailable" site wide.

Anyone got a copy of the content? I didn't get to see it.
                  Last edited by Rombie; 10-24-2007, 05:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rombie View Post
                    I think the word is out and their servers got slammed.... "Service unavailable" site wide.

Anyone got a copy of the content? I didn't get to see it.
                    Link to the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXnym...TA/BTA-076.htm

Screenshots from the site:

Comment

Hey, a bunch of years ago, I only had a rom of the beta version of Star Fox 2 for the SNES (as well as having it on cart!) and only 5 or 6 years ago did they actually release the nearly completed rom of the game. I got to play that eventually, I see no reason as to why this won't be availible for download as well.

It started out the same way, with someone posting a review on their site, visciously denying anyone access to the rom, even to the point where they warned not even to ask. But a few weeks later, it was out and now you can find it anywhere.
                      Last edited by Nikovich; 10-24-2007, 06:17 PM.

Comment

i wouldn't mind waiting for a ps1 version of this game to come out
                        video looks gr8 aswell.

Comment

Oh this guy and site. Dot's going to have an uphill battle getting in touch with this guy I'd say.

I haven't seen what the guy has to gain aside from site visitors by not releasing it down the track, but he's fickle like that.

Comment

Ive mirrored the content on my site, PM has been up and down a lot.

Comment

Man, this is incredible!

Comment

Bastard playing it didn't explore and experiment like he should have if this was an exclusive play through. I always wanted to see what the spider things were capable of.

Comment

Working...
                                X