Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 1.5 Revealed

THIA Staff

OMFG - simple as ~tears of joy~

DOT GET ON MSN

Cunt Agent

Hah, there's one segment of the video which bears a HEAVY resembelance to the cargo container which Dario hid in at the start of RE3. Right down to the camera angles and the mapping of it, the insides are the exact same, only difference being the texture.

#49 Giant Majini

I think the word is out and their servers got slammed.... "Service unavailable" site wide.

Anyone got a copy of the content? I didn't get to see it.
    Last edited by Rombie; 10-24-2007 at 06:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rombie View Post
    I think the word is out and their servers got slammed.... "Service unavailable" site wide.

Anyone got a copy of the content? I didn't get to see it.
    Link to the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXnym...TA/BTA-076.htm

Screenshots from the site:

Hey, a bunch of years ago, I only had a rom of the beta version of Star Fox 2 for the SNES (as well as having it on cart!) and only 5 or 6 years ago did they actually release the nearly completed rom of the game. I got to play that eventually, I see no reason as to why this won't be availible for download as well.

It started out the same way, with someone posting a review on their site, visciously denying anyone access to the rom, even to the point where they warned not even to ask. But a few weeks later, it was out and now you can find it anywhere.
    Last edited by Nikovich; 10-24-2007 at 07:17 PM.

i wouldn't mind waiting for a ps1 version of this game to come out
    video looks gr8 aswell.

#49 Giant Majini

Oh this guy and site. Dot's going to have an uphill battle getting in touch with this guy I'd say.

I haven't seen what the guy has to gain aside from site visitors by not releasing it down the track, but he's fickle like that.

THIA Staff

Ive mirrored the content on my site, PM has been up and down a lot.

http://www.ptop.aborman.com/index.ph...d=155&Itemid=1

Man, this is incredible!

Bastard playing it didn't explore and experiment like he should have if this was an exclusive play through. I always wanted to see what the spider things were capable of.

Wow!!!
    This thing has been the Holy Grail for most dedicated RE-fans and I'm no different. I'd LOVE to get my hands on this!
    So... who's butt do I have to kiss to get a copy? (I'm wearing my kissing lips)
    At least we can get the video. Try this link if anyone dosn't know how:
    http://keepvid.com/
    I'm actually still a little skeptical (call me Mr.Skeptical) but do you think the game is complete enough to just pop the disk in and play it from start to finish? or do you think the video showed scenes from 'playable bits' that were booted up separately? I hope it's the former! 80% is generally the number used to describe the completeness but what does that mean? What's the missing 20%? Sound effects, cut scenes, final boss fight, puzzle tools or solutions? I'm VERY curious...
    What can we (the public) do to get this game released? Maybe we can hassle Capcom. There's already been 12500 people watch the video.
    I think there are a few ways it could happen.
    1) Capcom could release the game as is, as a limited edition collector's item and charge an outrageous price for it. *very unlikely
    2) Capcom could finish the 20% or not and put it on PSN for download for PS3/PSP. I imagine it would be just as or more popular than most old ps1 games that get put on there. *doubtful unless they believe there is a very high demand
    3) It could be included as a bonus disc when you buy the collector's edition of RE5. *very unlikely as it will be 2 years older and even more dated
    4) 'Someone' will follow that Sony employee's lead who leaked 'Munhunt 2 uncut' and put it out on the net somewhere. It will spread to torrents and other file sharing sites and then we'll all be able to get our grubby little hands on it. *the most likely scenario
    Great news that 'someone' has it anyway!!! It's out there
    btw, the museum site is back online.

OMFG! Awesome stuff! Even though I love RE2, I think this version could have been a classic too. I hope one day it can be available somewhere.... maybe as a download on the Wii or Xbox....

THIA Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Skunky View Post
    do you think the game is complete enough to just pop the disk in and play it from start to finish? or do you think the video showed scenes from 'playable bits' that were booted up separately? I hope it's the former! 80% is generally the number used to describe the completeness but what does that mean? What's the missing 20%? Sound effects, cut scenes, final boss fight, puzzle tools or solutions? I'm VERY curious....
    The game will be playable from disc if you have a PSX or PS2 that can play PSX CD-Rs. The game was scrapped at 80%, but this is not the final build. Several things show this. I'd say this is about a 65-70% build. We know the cut scenes were done and completed but I doubt they're on the disc. If you want a reference to what this build would be like, play the Biohazard 2 Beta 2, it will give you a rough idea of what to expect. However, the game will not be playable from the start to the end as, from what I know, the labs were not finished, as seen in the backgrounds ripped from the Trial disc of 2.

What can we (the public) do to get this game released? Maybe we can hassle Capcom. There's already been 12500 people watch the video.
    Sadly, YouTube views do not translate into sales. If they did release this in anyway, it would only appeal to the hardcore. Although I do think it couldn't cost them too much to clean a build up to a playable form and release it on PSN. I do think Wii and 360 are out of the question though.

'Someone' will follow that Sony employee's lead who leaked 'Munhunt 2 uncut' and put it out on the net somewhere. It will spread to torrents and other file sharing sites and then we'll all be able to get our grubby little hands on it. *the most likely scenario
    This is also unlikely. The only person who apparantly has it is the owner of this site, and as Alzaire said, he is a hoarder, and if he does indeed have it, there is little to no chance that he will release it out of "good will". However, I would be suprised if there were no other builds around now. I do think there is a chance that it will somehow leak. Only time can tell now.
    Last edited by randomwab; 10-25-2007 at 04:25 AM.

Overly Old School

I find it very odd that the zombies won't die. That's the bit that really got me. Even blasting away with the shotgun doesn't seem to do more than knock enemies over. The one zombie that does die, by head squashing, disapears rather than stay put. And I could swear in an animated image I saw on bioflames Leon managed to put some zombies down without taking there head off, even blood pooling them. Maybe it was an earlier version but it seems odd that they would add that later, at least to me. It seems more like they've simply left out the zombie dying script...

The only things he actually kills and shoots are the crows. Nothing else seems to die.

Also, I find it odd that the Ape and Man-Spider enemies are considered boses. The ape one, at least, seems to be in mutliple places. There are images of the beastie lurking in the RPD garage as well as down in the labs, and the Man-Spider pops up like a normal enemy...unless we're missing an introductory cutscene. Seems like odd places for fights, though.

Mad Jackal

If this was on the playstation network I'd drop the cash for a PS3 in an instant, and whatever the download costs. Even if it doesn't come out through this guy, it's the hope that other copies are around, and not lost with other white labels in capcom vaults...

War Horse Uranium

There are signs that he doesn't own it however, if you notice on his other reviews their status is listed as "Preserved". 1.5 has no status indicator. Also, There are some inconsistencies about the game in his text which seem to indicate he either didnt have much time with the game or played it at all.

Anyway, second email sent, this time with two more lucrative offers.

#27 Mr. X

Dot50Cal I love you!!! (Even if you don't persuade that guy..)

THIA Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Dot50Cal View Post
    this time with two more lucrative offers.
    Delicious buttery lucrative yellow buttery offers? Buttery.

Barry's Super Awesome Army The Dude's Avatar

Wonder what headquarters of Capcom was robbed to steal that little nugget, downloading the footage now, but it would make sense to release a torrent of the build considering a) The game will never make release and b) Its nearly 10 years old, I can't forsee Capcom claiming any profit from the build or the original at any rate.

War Horse Uranium

Quote Originally Posted by randomwab View Post
    Delicious buttery lucrative yellow buttery offers? Buttery.
    No margarine here, just sweet luscious butter. Thousands of it.

Last edited by Dot50Cal; 10-25-2007 at 09:33 AM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information