Umbrella Chronicles abbreviated intro's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Umbrella Chronicles abbreviated intro's

Capcom has released another video today, this one shows off the intro's for Resident Evil 1 Remake, Resident Evil 0, and Resident Evil 3 Nemesis. They are shortened versions though, with noticeable cuts in the movies. Not much is spoiled if you already played the original games before.

UC Video Page Thanks to CiarenDevlin for the heads up!

Interesting...have to agree with the inconsistencies pointed out in another thread, however. Capcom seems hellbent on retconing as much as they can from the original games, and they don't care what they murder along the way. *shrugs* Oh well, still gonna get it launch day and play it anyways.

Comment

What the...?

This is the way Jill and Carlos meet?

The RE0 and RE1 intros look good.

Comment

Quit complaining about story cuts. If you want to see it just go play the actual games.

Comment

Originally posted by BLSR1 View Post
          Quit complaining about story cuts. If you want to see it just go play the actual games.
          This is a bit of an odd statement considering Umbrella Chronicles was made to "sum up" the other games for the newbies that got into the series with RE4 and "fill in the blanks" of the series. Yet they're portraying them very innacurately. And aren't doing a very good job at filling in any blanks thus far, considering they're just making it all the more confusing with the sudden changes they're throwing in. Most people aren't even sure whether Umbrella Chronicles can be taken as canon or not, seeing as only some material looks like it has relevance to the story, while everything else is nothing but inaccurate fodder. Now Spoiler:

For shame, Capcom.

Although hopefully there are alot more fill-in-the-blanks scenarios, like the one with Richard and Rebecca. Surely they can't screw shit up, right? We've already got scenarios for Wesker, Ada and HUNK. Where the hell are Barry, Leon and Claire?
          Last edited by Dot50Cal; 11-02-2007, 10:27 PM.
          PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

WATCH THE SPOILERS!

Comment

I dunno about you guys, but I, personally, was very disappointed when they decided Spoiler:
              It just doesn't seem right to me. =/

Comment

Their excuse was that they had "nothing to do with Umbrella".

Even though they had more to do with Umbrella than RE3, for example. =/

Comment

That was the excuse? This is news to me. Huh. I've seen game companies do some silly things, but if that's the only rationalization behind this move, then I must say it's one of the silliest.

Comment

Brad Vickers better get his head impaled by Nemesis and Barry has to be in the Mansion scenario. They better not retcon Barry out.

Comment

Originally posted by CiarenDevlin View Post
                      Their excuse was that they had "nothing to do with Umbrella".

Even though they had more to do with Umbrella than RE3, for example. =/
                      Ermm, didn't the Ashford family have a MAJOR role in something to do with Umbrella? It's been soooooo long.

Comment

Well, since RE2 focuses on how Umbrella and it's employees combined paranoia related in the city beocmming infected.

And Code: VERONICA was looking into the activities of one of the two founding families of Umbrella, as well as one of it's training facilities and big research compound.

Those both seem to be fairly Umbrella flavored.

Honestly, though, I'm really hoping for some filler stuff. Claire inside the Capcom building from the CV intro would be sweet, for example.

Comment

Originally posted by lanaka View Post
                          That was the excuse? This is news to me. Huh. I've seen game companies do some silly things, but if that's the only rationalization behind this move, then I must say it's one of the silliest.
                          The producer is pretty much a dickhead. So don't be surprised.

Honestly, though, I'm really hoping for some filler stuff. Claire inside the Capcom building from the CV intro would be sweet, for example.
                          Same here. They should've left out the Zero, REmake and RE3 scenarios in the game and just filled it up with sub-scenarios that tie up all the loose ends. There was really no need to bastardize the older games. It doesn't get the point across at all

So far we have:

Spoiler:

If the last one is any indication, there may be more fillers, such as Leon and Claire (come on, they have to do it somehow!) or Enrico or whatever. Their objective should be to tie everything up. Not make it more confusing than it already is.

Comment

RE2 IS INCLUDED!!!!!

ADA AND HUNK THE 2 MOST IMPORTANT CHARACTERS TO UMBRELLA IN RE2. LEON WOULD PROBABLY BE IN THE ADA SCENARIO. CLAIR WOULD PROBABLY BE A BONUS CHARACTER SINCE I DON'T KNOW WHO SHE WOULD TEAM UP WITH BECAUSE SHERRY IS LAME. CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL.

THE GAME ISN'T RELEASED YET SO DON'T COMPLAIN. IT COULD CONNECT THE STORY BETTER THAN YOU THINK.
                            Last edited by BLSR1; 11-03-2007, 09:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BLSR1 View Post
                              RE2 IS INCLUDED!!!!!
                              Don't be surprised when you play the game and you don't find the RE2 scenario .

Comment

Working...
                              X