UC Releases, Pictures of Guide, Game, and Extinction Soundtrack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UC Releases, Pictures of Guide, Game, and Extinction Soundtrack

Umbrella Chronicles has been released, along with it is a Prima guide which you can pick up. Be warned though, the back cover has a new boss spoiler. I also picked up the Extinction soundtrack which is pictured below. Members will have access to videos from UC in the forums, posting will begin as I start playing it.

UNMARKED SPOILERS ARE WITHIN THIS TOPIC!
    Last edited by Dot50Cal; 11-15-2007, 01:08 AM.

For some reason I always love the packaging on Wii products.

Looks cool anyways :p

Comment

Wow, they sure fucked up on the Wiimote here. Theres considerable lag from when you move your cursor to when the cursor moves. Makes precise aiming HORRIBLE.

Anyway I just downed the bat, about to start RE0 chapter 3. When thats done Ill probably take a break and get the RE0 stuff up.

Its cramping my hands up too, since its so in-precise, I have to really hold the wiimote tight. As for the canon, they are basically ripping to to shreds. I wouldn't take anything in-game as a serious telling of the games. Its more like the cliff notes versions of it, with things happening during the wrong time in the game.

The archives section however seems to be ok. I havent taken a good look at the files I've collected thus far, but they seem to explain a lot more, which is why I think those will be the main draw to the game for fans in the series.

Comment

Is there a cursor sensitivity option?

Comment

Members will have access to videos from UC in the forums, posting will begin as I start playing it.
          <3 U!

Comment

I'm enjoying it. I just finished the first of Wesker's sub-chapters and I'm taking a break. You're right, it's a little hard on your hands after a while.

There's no sensitivity options in the game from what I saw but you might be able to adjust it in the Wii's menu options.

There are lots of notes and other things to collect and I love Shinkiros artwork in the guide book.

Comment

Sensitivity wont help the lag issue. My pinky finger is crying right now. Anyway, Im done with the first "set". It includes 3 chapters of RE0 and two of Weskers during that time. In the interest of awesomeness I'll do the Wesker ones first. Getting them ready.

Holy shit though, the boss as the end of Wesker's RE0 scenario..what the fuck? I cant imagine beating it on hard.

Comment

Yea, some parts are just really tough. The Crimson heads with the crow combo attacks on the dining room 2nd floor were giving me trouble.

I've been destroying everything trying to find notes and profiles.

The Forest part in the mansion scenario was kind of funny just because of what Chris says when you kill him.
                Last edited by GalacticAE; 11-14-2007, 06:28 PM.

Comment

So should we be taking the Canon of the new chapters aswell? If they are ripping the shreds of the main story - does that mean we shouldn't really "believe" what goes on in the subchapters?

Comment

Anyone else using a gun? Had to throw it away for the remote. One because there was some excess plastic on the trigger itself, playing along, about the 2-hour mark, my trigger finger is geting a bit sore, thought it natural, maybe a blister starting or whatever pulling the trigger relentlessly, finally stop and take a look, the trigger itself is completely 'red' now and a small gouge in the side of my index finger, that excess plastic slowly ripped my finger open. ...2nd, the trigger is useless when the 'B' button flashes onscreen, to press it rapidly to dodge an attack, etc, you can't move it fast enough. Now I see why the Wii Zapper doesn't have an actual gun-like trigger on it, more of something you would see on a game controller. Which 'looks' as it if will be able to be pressed rapidly, have to see.

I seem to be around the same point, RE0's 3 chapters done, and Wesker's 2 sub-chapters in it. Yeah, Wesker's final fight in the 2nd was something else, took me and hour and a half. I find you have to die many times just to learn how to even fight some of the Boss fights, seeing what tactics work and which dont, etc.

Over-all this game seems rather difficult, I played 0's first chapter on Normal, quickly switched to Easy for the remainder up to the present. The ending Boss fights for a chapter I find rather long, epspecially as far as RE games go anyways. Or I just suck at shooters...

One thing that bothered me was, when in each room/area, its as if someone is pushing you along, even if there are still enemies to kill, and you WANT to kill them, but your being pushed out the door. ...also there might be valuble items in that room as well, no chance to pick 'em up.

About the cutscenes and files(one's I've aquired so far, not too many by the count), up to this point they seem to be almost entirely re-hashed stuff, we've already seen them/they're in the other games, etc., not much new. Possibly this was done on purpose, as the game progresses the new material will surface, dunno.

Haven't played at all today, did about 5 hours last night, guess its time to get some in now.

One thing I was hoping for was a larger Collection section, like in the Outbreak games, with all accessed videos, new costumes, pics, un-lockables, etc. ...looks as if the only thing here is the section titled 'Archives' with the files. For what this game is all about, an Outbreak Collection area would fit like a glove. Now Dot's vids are going to be so much more valuable, I really thought they'd have them 'un-locked' to view anytime once you accessed them in a particular chapter/scenario.
                    Last edited by Evil_Rob; 11-14-2007, 07:08 PM.

Comment

One of the things I really hate is when a zombie grabs you and you counter it, the hordes of zombies still advance to the position you were in while you go about your little animation of beating up the zombie that attacked you. Then you are WARPED BACK to your starting point, and by this time the zombies that were behind the guy attacking you are right next to you and IMMEDIATELY attack you. Thats just sloppy design.

Comment

Im smack in the middle of "Mansion Incident 3" canon has been chucked out the back window long ago. Good game, but glitchy, very glitchy.
                        Last edited by LeonsBuddyDave; 11-14-2007, 10:16 PM.

Comment

Just glad I finally got it....

It feels like I waited forever for UC.

Comment

I'm not liking the RE3 part too much. The gravedigger boss battle was soo much better in the original game. The other scenarios were good and I like Wesker's sub-chapters. I'm hoping the Russia scenarios are good.

Comment

I got the game yesterday at Gamestop right after they had got it in. I don't notice any lag with the cursor and I don't think the game is really that difficult. I eat Ivan (White Mr.X) on my first try as well, and I have been playing the game on normal. I haven't beat the REMake scenario yet, but the game is really good.

At the Gamestop I got mine from, if you pre-order the game you get the strategy guide for 1/2 off.

Still a great game.

[SIZE="5"]8/10 Final Score[/SIZE]
                              My Head-Fi Page

Comment

Working...
                              X