Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bionic Commando - Top Secret - Capcom's First Official podcast!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bionic Commando - Top Secret - Capcom's First Official podcast!

When you see the headline, you might be wondering:
    "What on earth is going on here and where are my Resident Evil news?"

Well, I could row the boat out on deep sea and go on about how Bionic Commando is a Capcom franchise, how it's being developed by a Swedish studio named Grin and how Bionic Commando is great and all that.

But in all honesty, this is more about the fact that the Bionic Commando "Top Secret" podcast is really worth a listen (About an hour of your life per episode, it seems).

Not only is it worth it because it is Capcom's first official podcast, but also because it contains guests and regulars that many should love and know.

Probably most interesting of all for the die hard Resident Evil fan, there is quite a lot of talk about Resident Evil in the first two episodes (well, quite a lot for something that is supposed to be about Bionic Commando) and also a nice little story being told about an encounter with Shinji Mikami and his little 2cent to the creation of a new Bionic Commando.

We know, we know! We're a bit late on this, but better late than never, right?
    So click yourself over to the official Bionic Commando site and check out the two currently available episodes and also make sure to give Bionic Commando a good look while you're there.

Link: Official Bionic Commando site
    Last edited by Carnivol; 11-19-2007, 02:50 PM.

Awesome news! I still have Bionic Commando for the NES, I hope CAPCOM does something with the name [Bionic Commando] someday.
    I'm a blackstar.

Comment

News to me, my internet life has pretty much died... Thanks for the news, though!
      Last edited by MeganGrass; 11-21-2007, 11:40 AM.
      I'm a blackstar.

Comment

I gave it a go.
        Waaayy too much wanking for my liking. I switched it off after about 30 minutes.
        sigpic

Comment

For being an official podcast and "public appearance" of developers and people involved in developement and marketting, I think this is probably the best thing that has ever happened.

+They talk about the mistakes they've made themselves.
          +They talk about the actual difficulties of actually making the game.
          +They talk about the mistakes Capcom has made
          +They talk about the stuff that actually is relevant
          +They talk about the choices they have to make in order to justify the budget costs of creating the title
          +They talk about the negative and positive feedback they get
          +They talk about the questions and comments submitted to them
          +They talk about the kind of stuff that makes you wonder if it's just a word slip or if something's actually going on that we don't know about.

Normally, developer podcasts (or interviews in general) usually consists of a bunch of self-pimping ass licking in a similiar fashion to this:

-Buy my game, it's awesome!
          -Buy a copy of my game for your friends and family, it's awesome!
          -The graphics are awesome and mind blowing, more breathtaking and stunning than watching the northern lights!
          -The story is the best ever written, not even the revival of Shakespear could've aided us in making improvements to this!
          -The smoke effects are awesome, buy our game!
          -The fans love us because we brought back "feature X"

Comment

It's the latter that turns me off from listening to someone like Ryan Payton on the MGS pod casts, even though he gets some varied guests into talk they just wank on about popular games and never really talk about potentially what things they've actually done wrong.

I haven't listened to it yet, but most of the feedback seems to be positive and if more developers should be half as honest I think you'd see better levels of customer releations.

Comment

Working...
            X