Sega Dreamcast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sega Dreamcast

The Dreamcast I used to have and love, RE2 Nightmare was great fun, you can find me talking about it elsewhere on the forum.

Anyway back on topic, I'm thinking of getting one again I checked with Amazon, they have 7 in stock all from different sellers, the only problem is they're second hand and they range from Like New to Good Condition and the prices range from a 'low £28.99' to £33, is this a no brainer and should grab one now.

Or do you think I could get a better deal elsewhere?
    Finally playing 1.5. Woo-Hoo!!!

sigpic

Well, like always when purchasing anything, I'd do some research first, but this should be into the backgrounds of each seller, before deciding to buy. As far as price goes, I'd say that's the cheapest you'll find a Dreamcast for, really, so ya, I'd snag one up if any of the sellers look good.

Comment

Most of the dealers look ok and I checked their profile and of them have at least 93% for reliability, I think I may just snap one up since it is so cheap.

Does anyone know if the VMU's die or lose the saves they had after a certain time of inactivity? I still have my VMU and haven't used it in a few years since my Dreamcast died on me.
      Last edited by Enigma_632; 11-28-2007, 08:28 PM. Reason: Wanted to ask a question, without double posting.

sigpic

Comment

Hmm I got a brand new one Dreamcast off eBay never been opened a few weeks ago for $70 bucks and a brand new blue VMU for 7.99 I don't believe they lose your save files I have a standard white VMU the battery is dead but I am still able to save and load games Imo this was the greatest console ever! Just my opinion though

Comment

I agree with you hunk

Comment

Ebay the VMU, I managed to buy a couple for 99p each *Official Dreamcast VMU's boxed*

EDIT: Just to add, that vibration units are also cheap if you look on ebay, I ordered a box of official VMU's for £6 a year ago, all legit and sealed, these things must be in such a huge quantity online that they're easy to pick up.

As for the console, I picked a refurbished *but still in as good condition as you could get* in Gamestation about 6 months or so ago for the same price as the ones going on amazon *well more or less mine was about 28*

Brilliant deal really when you consider just how cheap all the old DC games are, re-picked up Shenmue 1 and 2 as my old ones were scratched from 6-7 years of constant play for about 30 for both.
            Last edited by The Dude; 11-29-2007, 10:47 AM.

Comment

Thanks The Dude, I'll try my nearest Gamestation to see what they have first.

sigpic

Comment

I had my Dreamcast since 2003, it was manufactured in 1999. This is the best system ever IMO. It is truly a great system.

Comment

I have to agree its my favorite system, so many classics like Shenmue, King of Fighters and other SNK games on it, great import titles, along with the original Soul Calibur which I still play non stop.

Comment

can someone list the top 5 games to buy on d.c, then i may buy one cos Shenmue is the only game i would really buy, i've never played the first one, only the second on the xbox

Comment

As you're in the UK. Heres some *More then 5 though*

Shenmue I

Shenmue II *cause the PAL version on the DC had a Japanese dub with English subs, granted the subs weren't totally true to the speech and they censore the plot where dou Niu's partner was a transexual by redubbing the voice* but that was the same as in the english version, and even my limited understanding of Japanese could figure out that alot of swearing/minor vulgarity was softened over in the sub's, but overall a great conversion.

The voice acting in the Japanese version was superb and in many ways superior to the US dub.

Use ebay and get a boot disc (Utopia is good, also its cheap, don't pay more then £4 on it), it opens up dozens of Japanese SNK and fighting games such as:

King of Fighters 1999 Dream Match
                      King of Fighters 99' Evolution
                      Last Blade 2
                      Garou: Mark of the Wolves *Fatal Fury: Mark of the Wolves in the US version, aka Fatal Fury 4*

Also lets you run legit US games too, another plus.

Jet Set/Grind Radio, depending on your version, I got Grind *The US version* in all honesty I prefer it over Jet Set Radio Future the xbox sequel/prequel/remake? cause of the steadier framerate and superior OST.

Sonic Adventure *Just 1 though, sonic adventure 2 stank and its cheap on ebay*

Soul Calibur - DEFINITE MUST for all game enthusiasts, w00t.

Virtua Tennis 1 and 2 - Cheap and good games with cool world tour mode.

Street Fighter III Third Strike - Superior to the PS2 version, just get an arcade stick

House of the Dead 2: Great conversion, just get a light gun, they're hard to find though.

Comment

Sounds like a great investment. I actually thought the Dreamcast was a stupid crap-ass console like PSM said (but what could you expect from a rival mag). I'll try and get my hands on one. I also want another PSX. Those things are great! Such a good range of games.

Comment

Like I said above imo the Sega Dreamcast was one of the best consoles ever made along with the Sega Saturn imo!

Comment

I got my Dreamcast since it came out. I still got it now, I play on Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 now and then.
                            Also Virtua Tennis. Got some great memories with that game.

Comment

I got my Dreamcast the night it came out in the UK in 99, however it randomly started resetting itself 4 years ago so I got a refurbished one last year.

Comment

Working...
                              X