RE Fan Fiction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RE Fan Fiction

If at anytime your answer to the questions below are no, please feel free to discontinue and leave. This is not spam, but before my suggestion is heard i ask every reader to please ask yourself the questions below and then progress to my idea. I would not ask that the readers of this thread to do this if there wasn't a very specific reason behind it...

Have you ever found yourself constrained within the elaborate story line of Capcom's notorious series, Resident Evil?
    Would you say you have a strong passion for Resident Evil?
    Is it possible that your passion for the series could have been influenced by the ingenious puzzles and mysteries that surround the Umbrella Corporation?

If answered yes to all of the above continue to this final question:
    Have you ever found yourself thinking that some mysteries of the series is impossible to understand?
    Well me too...

For once, lets not wait on Capcom to answer our questions. For years i have gone to various resident evil fanatic websites and found that just having knowledge of the series does not make you a true fan. In my opinion, a true fan will solve the mysteries of the Umbrella corporation through their own ideas.

It is time this forum see a brighter day...
    I am request A fan fictional section, where true resident fanatics can express their more "creative" side. Don't wait any longer for Capcom to answer your questions involving the never-ending mysteries of resident evil, write your own!

Write your own addition to the series.
    Describe your own terror!

This section of the forums would basically be for Resident Evil fanatics who feel they have a story of their own that needs to be told. Whether it be through novel-like writing, or even a long thought of your own idea for a resident evil game. If any administration staff is interested please feel free to reply, don't be afraid to voice your opinion!
    Yes
    60.00%
    Bo
    40.00%

Originally posted by MonstaR View Post
    Have you ever found yourself constrained within the elaborate story line of Capcom's notorious series, Resident Evil?
    Would you say you have a strong passion for Resident Evil?
    Is it possible that your passion for the series could have been influenced by the ingenious puzzles and mysteries that surround the Umbrella Corporation?

Have you ever found yourself thinking that some mysteries of the series is impossible to understand?

For once, lets not wait on Capcom to answer our questions. For years i have gone to various resident evil fanatic websites and found that just having knowledge of the series does not make you a true fan. In my opinion, a true fan will solve the mysteries of the Umbrella corporation through their own ideas.
    Yes
    Yes
    Yes
    Yes

Correct, A true fan will try and solve the mysteries of the Umbrella corporation through their own ideas, backed up with hard evidence from the games and or supplementary material (Wesker's report etc.), rather than just making things up.

I think it's great if you want to write fan fics, but they should be in their own section, and clearly labelled, if they are put here. I see it, technically, as spreading disinformation, and if this site's goal is to be informative about the series, then I don't think it should persue a fan fiction section.

I also think that if the goal is to be informative, then the visitors and regular boarders here probably won't appreciate fan fics as much as people in other places, simply because the reason they here is for well researched discussion with likeminded others. I just think a time and place for everything. Sorry if all that sounds a bit harsh.
    sigpic

Comment

I completely understand your view on the idea. However, at the same time opening up new doors on the site will definitely lead to growth in popularity. I feel like even if this site focuses more on being informative, there still could be room for a small section of fictional writing. For the past 2 days i have been writing out what appears to be a "never-ending" bulletin discussing my own addition to the series. I will be going into every detail every aspect brought into consideration while in the development. The writing section could also consist of something of this sorts. And not to side track but i really would like to read Wesker's Extra Report, seeing how the first two reports were amazingly great. (seen at: www.residentevilfan.com)

Comment

Yes to all, i would love to see a section on this site, as i feel users would have two choices, either comment on posts or go and write a story about r.e. heck iv got some ideas my posts would be made up r.e storys that won't so much centre on the storyline, like an outbreak on a train or a shopping mall etc.

Comment

If there is enough support for it we can probably implement a system in the future, but when you consider that none of the game sections are even done it kind of puts things into perspective

Comment

You must realize i just recently discovered this website. That explains a lot though

I will try my best to keep all my ideas/stories to myself in hopes that a forum section is created for it. After all i don't want to spam...

Comment

I don't like fanfics in general. They really screw up the storyline, and people who can't use grammar and punctuation for shit make it seem even worse.

Comment

Working...
              X