Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles European Release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles European Release

Just a heads up for anyone in Europe, Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles is released today for the Nintendo Wii. Make sure to get it guys! I'll update with pictures when I can.

Meanwhile, us Aussies, living down at the ass end of the world, have to wait till Dec 13
    I'll be buying a Wii and the game on that date (unless I suddenly hear about a ps3 port before then VERY unlikely... they'll announce that after I buy a Wii)

Comment

I skipped picking up a copy today, no offense to the game... It's just that my "favorite crappy game store" does not exist in my hometown anymore, as it got shutdown with a merger with "not my favorite crappy GAME store" (And I still mostly refuse to pick up games in the local alternatives)

I think my PAL Wii is a happy camper these days... So many great titles! (It's kinda been living on a partial life support with custom music tracks for Excite Truck for a long time)

Comment

Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
        I think my PAL Wii is a happy camper these days... So many great titles! (It's kinda been living on a partial life support with custom music tracks for Excite Truck for a long time)
        Yeah! Like Mario Galaxy, and Mario Galaxy. Oh yeah, Mario Galaxy too!

Comment

saw the game today in my supermarket, with my discount i can get it for £29.75 but thought i'll try and get it for xmas before i buy it for myself

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
            Yeah! Like Mario Galaxy, and Mario Galaxy. Oh yeah, Mario Galaxy too!
            Think you're forgetting these titles:
            Super Paper Mario, Metroid Prime 3 - Corruption, Umbrella Chronicles, Medal of Honor Heroes 2, Mario & Sonic at the crappy Olympic games and Guitar Hero 3.
            (Sure, Super Paper Mario came a bit late to Europe, but it doesn't remove the fact that it's one incredibly awesome title)

Now, where's my New Blood and No More Heroes!?

And oh, as for Umbrella Chronicles and the "Wii remote lag", that's nothing but a myth. I think (read: know) it's something that has brought itself to life through your capturing setup.

Comment

Considering you haven't played the game, I'd wait before making such judgments if I were you. Even IGN says so in their review:

It's extremely difficult to break down on paper, but the smoothness of the Wii IR isn't quite there, and we found that virtually any IR-based title in production or currently on the market has mastered pinpoint accuracy better than UC, as games like Ghost Squad, Medal of Honor Heroes 2, Link's Crossbow Training, the shooter game in Wii Play, Trauma Center, or even the general Wii menu cursor all have a smoother, easier to use IR than RE:UC. Most gamers won't be able to put their finger on exactly what feels off about UC at times, and some casuals may never even notice it, but it's there.

Its not my capturing setup, as the Wii menu controls just fine and is very responsive.

I'll give you Super Paper Mario, and Maybe Prime 3 (though I dislike that series). As for the rest, you have Medal of Honor, a horrible looking and playing game which was better on PC. Mario & Sonic is a garbage throw-away game. Guitar Hero 3 - Mono audio in a music game, excellent there! Better on every other system it was released on.

Comment

Think you're forgetting these titles:
                Super Paper Mario, Metroid Prime 3 - Corruption, Umbrella Chronicles, Medal of Honor Heroes 2, Mario & Sonic at the crappy Olympic games and Guitar Hero 3.
                Oh yeah, now I feel much better about having to buy a Wii! (that's me being sarcastic).
                I'm sure it's got some good games that appeal to some people (different strokes for different folks) but I'm really only getting one for RE-UC.
                I've always quite liked the Medal of Honor series and Guitar Hero is pretty cool but those are hardly Wii titles (I think both started and are still available on Playstation).
                But I don't want to bash the Wii, I'm hoping I'll find a few other things to enjoy on it (it's costing me $400).

Comment

I've always quite liked the Medal of Honor series and Guitar Hero is pretty cool but those are hardly Wii titles (I think both started and are still available on Playstation).
                  MoH Heroes 2 is a Wii/PSP game (Heroes sub-franchise started on PSP.), controls are actually rather nice in Heroes 2 on the Wii, and the game is basicly 2 games in one package. First being an FPS with rather sweet controls and the other being the arcade mode, which is an "on rails" arcade shooter ala Umbrella Chronicles, House of the Dead, Virtua Cop, etc...

But really, people who complain about certain titles (especially *cough*[size=1]"family friendly/party"[/size]*cough* titles) should try to seek out someone in the friends group with a copy and drop by his/her place and give it a go. I usually enjoy most of my games much more when I play with my friends next to me, talking random bullshit, eating random crap and evt. killing time with a game while waiting for the time to be right to head out somewhere else
                  Last edited by Carnivol; 12-04-2007, 01:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X