No announcement yet.

1.5 Donations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I pledge $50, Dotty! I hope this deal goes through.

Comment

Now, see, that post was against the rules Helegad. We're deliberately not saying how much we're donating, and Dot asked us not to, because the guy might ask for less than we can raise. Then some folks won't have to donate, and of course the folk who promise to donate but don't. So you might wanna delete the ammount from that post before Dot grows angry and demands your sacrafice.

You also have to e-mail your pledge, not post it here. It won't count until he gets it in e-mail form.

Comment

Well, speaking of which... dot50cal, I've sent my mail without my nickname first, and then sent another one to correct this mistake... But it seems you missed that one.

So please, correct my name in the list of donators. Replace Илья Власов with my nickname (GraaD it is). Didn't want to mail you again for that reason, because you must be recieving lots of other messages now... Thanks.

Comment

it would be nice hearing abit more info, or that the deal will go through, dam it would be great seeing that one line " we are ago" or " Jackspot". i will pray for our success.

Comment

What I want to know is, that in case of a succesful deal, how are we supposed to pay? I remember reading about Dot50Cal's bad experiences regarding Paypal (locks accounts if they receive too much money too fast) on the Bioflames forums.
            The problem is that where I live (Hungary), Paypal is the only fast transaction method (apart from Moneybookers) available.

Comment

Here's the most up to date information as per my knowledge:

Someone with a confirmed source of 1.5 (the same build from the Youtube video) has told us there might be a sale. This person is legitimate and confirmed as a source of 1.5. However, no date for this sale was mentioned. It could be tomorrow or a month for all we know at this time.

Since then, no contact has been returned from this person yet. They currently wish to remain anonymous so at the moment no details on who this person is will be mentioned, for safety reasons.

We currently have a fair amount pledged, however we would still like to receive more if possible. Just in case some people fall through, with the holidays coming up and no set time for when the sale may happen, if some people have to cancel or lower their pledge, we want to still be ok. As said, don't talk about how much you are willing to pledge publicly or ask how much we have. If the seller was looking for $10 and we say we have $50 or 5 people said they'd pay $10, we'd likely have to pay more than we could have gotten away with.

As mentioned briefly above, the build is the same build from the PSM video and the Youtube video. As I have deduced from technical aspects of the build from video, it is not the final beta. Due to current non-response from the person, we don't have more specific information. Likely some more will be known when the person responds to us or the sale happens.

I don't think Dot has yet figured out how to collect the payments. I don't think Paypal will be used, because as some of you might not know, Paypal has a nasty habit of sometimes deciding to freeze accounts if an account receives too much money too fast, and I have heard that it's near impossible to get the money back and settle things easily, which of course we don't want to deal with. But Dot is friends with people at Assemblergames forums who have made large transactions for betas before and he'll figure out from them a good way to collect the money from everyone.

That's all at the moment. I just want to say, though, be careful things you say in this topic, at Bioflames, or anywhere publicly. The person is confirmed reading and/or has someone watching our forums and others forums beyond the general BH forums (such as Assemblergames forums and a couple other forums where sometimes betas/prototypes are discussed). So far there isn't any real problems here, like in this topic, but with no idea yet when this sale will happen, I don't want to see people getting impatient and/or saying things and such that may jeopardize the situation.
              sigpic

Comment

you could put google adsense on the site in order to get some extra money...

Comment

Isn't there a way to make comments in this thread admin-approved only? A couple don't seem to be getting the rules

Comment

Originally posted by Cioko View Post
                    you could put google adsense on the site in order to get some extra money...
                    Never, we're not Rehorror here.

Originally posted by rewak View Post
                    Isn't there a way to make comments in this thread admin-approved only? A couple don't seem to be getting the rules
                    Not at the moment, I'll clean out the topic as necessary but people who ignore the rules IE (people who post what should be emailed to me) will be ignored.

I'll be going through my email tonight, I've found the time to clean out all the spam so only the donation emails are left.

Comment

Yea I apologise about my earlier comment, I let my excitement get to me before fully reading the topic, Id still like to help out.

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post

Comment

If the sale happens, I still don't know how it will work, will you take a percentage of the amount we specified?

I actually specified quite a "huge" amount, but it's my maximum, not a minimum. If there are enough donations, it is clear that I won't make such a big financial sacrifice on this beta.

Let's say that the minimal amount is the third of what I specified, and that I'm willing to pay until this maximum.

I just hope that if this sale happens we won't have to ruin ourselves for it. I'd be happy if enough people participate, even if they don't give much. Tons of people giving a little something is way better than a few giving something big in the present situation, since we are a community.

I hope it will be managed carefully, it's not and easy thing to manage tons of payments.

Comment

well its good at this person contacted dot50 or whoever, im abit nervous about the fact he hasent contacted back, but im sure everything will be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
                              I lol'd.

Comment

How many communities are involved in this so far Dot?

Oh, and i hope people are aware that they're going to need modified PS1s, PS2s or PSPs to check this game out? Unless PS1 emulation is solid enough on PCs now?

Comment

Working...
                                X