1.5 Donations Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1.5 Donations Update

I've stopped taking them for now, I think we have enough people willing to donate. The list is as follows:

Rick Hunter
    Wesker (Survivhor)
    Alzaire
    Carnivol
    Rewak
    ronin_akikage
    Jeremiah
    Martin Gerardo
    Skunky
    DarkMoonAlpha
    Darkside05
    St Eve
    Jdm
    abbatoo
    Enrico Marini
    Sean Hall
    Rudescha Volk
    saturn_worship
    ruggedman20
    Borman
    Krispy
    Project Omega
    Evil_Rob
    DyceGamez
    The Dude
    Broonage
    Randomwab
    SeiyaKou
    Albert Marin Garau
    mikeydutches
    Daniel Glenn
    romis138
    GraaD
    Dominion
    Xranger60
    RagingMenace
    c3rb (bhfr)
    Ridley W. Hayes
    Nathan Goufas
    Spaceeeee
    Nightmare Hunter
    Stars_G36
    Enigma_632
    Those of you that provided me with a min/max, I believe we can use your minimum amounts. I will be contacting the seller to see what he thinks of our offer and hopefully, negotiations can begin then. Thanks for your support everyone!
    Last edited by Dot50Cal; 12-12-2007, 11:52 PM.

Cool Keep us updated!

Comment

I really feel good about this, and not necessarily because of the possibility of this deal being successful...
      It's nice to see this community working together towards a common goal. I most certainly didn't regret joining this site.

Comment

power to the people.

Comment

Originally posted by A-J View Post
          power to the people.
          And eternal glory to the mighty 1.5 !

Comment

Hold the phone, it says "The Dude" on there, is there another dude donating or did someone throw my hat in the ring?

While i'd like to donate, can't do it till Janurary when I have some money coming in.

Comment

Hopefully, everything that's been donated will help us and get us so much more steps closer to Biohazard 1.5!

Comment

Originally posted by The Dude View Post
                Hold the phone, it says "The Dude" on there, is there another dude donating or did someone throw my hat in the ring?

While i'd like to donate, can't do it till Janurary when I have some money coming in.
                Theres another 'The Dude' on Bioflames too, he's from Germany, for some reason I had assumed you where the same person just puting in a different location.

Dot I'd like to give more than the minimum, the minimum was only if I was really strapped for cash.
                Finally playing 1.5. Woo-Hoo!!!

sigpic

Comment

Used to go by that name on ALOT of RE forums, not sure if I did on Bioflames or not its been a very long time since I posted there.
                  All the same i'd gladly fight the guy and take the name back if it was

Whats the minimum rate of donations anyway.

Comment

We cannot give such information because the seller(s) are watching and they may drive up the price if we give specific numbers. But yes, I assumed you were THE Dude.

Postscript : I'd also like to add that I don't want anyone to get their hopes up with the teasings or maginations of a near future auction. Dot has still not heard back from the source of the auction or the source of information that there MIGHT be an auction. I am dissapointed at the small number of people who even opted to contribute or make a donation pledge in comparison to the number of people actually posting on Bioflames and the number of people who have created or participated in 1.5 discussions on THIA. I am told however that, earnest 1.5 fans are few and far inbetween, consisting of a small residue of the overall Resident Evil fanbase.
                    Last edited by surgicalhorror; 12-13-2007, 02:03 PM. Reason: Updating post

Comment

Originally posted by surgicalhorror View Post
                      I am told however that, earnest 1.5 fans are few and far inbetween, consisting of a small residue of the overall Resident Evil fanbase.
                      Unfortunately it's true. Our local RE community doesn't really give 1.5 a second thought. Not even if a few 'fanatics' like us show them pictures, videos, site links, etc....

Comment

Biohazard 1.5 is a real heartbreaker. That may be why some have chosen not to get involved in it within the Resident Evil fanbase. Why give your hopes up on something to have your heart broken? Another reason may be the fact that there is no real material for Biohazard 1.5 to interact with or test. Screenshots, yes, some videos, yes. But no video game material. And yet another reason, we must consider the age of 1.5, being 11 years old now, some must figure, it will never see the light of day. My only hope right now lies with a man who goes by the moniker 'Inflames'. He was the closest to 1.5 I think we have ever gotten, he was so close, he could taste it. He also had an excellent source. I'll wait and see what, if anything, happens with this rumored auction. I have already made a sizeabl pledge since I desire the original Biohazard 2 more than any other thing, not just video games, but material items in general.

Comment

Biohazard 1.5 is a real heartbreaker. That may be why some have chosen not to get involved in it within the Resident Evil fanbase. Why give your hopes up on something to have your heart broken? Another reason may be the fact that there is no real material for Biohazard 1.5 to interact with or test. Screenshots, yes, some videos, yes. But no video game material. And yet another reason, we must consider the age of 1.5, being 11 years old now, some must figure, it will never see the light of day. My only hope right now lies with a man who goes by the moniker 'Inflames'. He was the closest to 1.5 I think we have ever gotten, he was so close, he could taste it. He also had an excellent source. I'll wait and see what, if anything, happens with this rumored auction. I have already made a sizeabl pledge since I desire the original Biohazard 2 more than any other thing, not just video games, but material items in general.
                          Eh, I wouldn't put your hope in Inflames. He's around, but rather inactive in general and isn't as active in the search like he used to be a few years ago. The best bet is Dot, and he has come just as close as Inflames before too and has good connections and continues to make more. Only difference is Dot didn't receive a bonus of screenshots before his deal(s) have fallen through. Hopefully this sale will happen and we'll win and we can spend some time analyzing the build of 1.5 we get. That should tide us over for quite a while.

And yeah, at this point the general fans have given up or just don't care that much. A lot of passionate and naive fans have the impression that the fanbase for 1.5 is massive, but it's really not. If 1.5 was released, it would only sell a few thousand copies, maybe a dozen grand or so, but it wouldn't do as well as a lot of people think, I believe. Especially since members with links to the JP community have reported that the JP community cares about 1.5 far less than even our general community and the JP community is more important to Capcom. I'm sure there are some hardcore JP fans who do and would care, but there isn't that much of a following. It just seems that there are a lot of us because a lot of the 1.5 fans are passionate and pretty outspoken/enthusiastic (sometimes overly so, as was seen at the PSM forums).

The list isn't a bad list, and yeah we won't say publicly right now how much we have pledged, but it's a fairly good amount and I don't think anyone within the community would be able to beat Dot's offer. This was also a bad time with holidays and all. Hopefully the source will accept our offer and we can have 1.5 for Christmas.
                          sigpic

Comment

I am dissapointed at the small number of people who even opted to contribute or make a donation pledge in comparison to the number of people actually posting on Bioflames and the number of people who have created or participated in 1.5 discussions on THIA.
                            Sorry but i think that's well out of order.

Firstly, it's not like the appeal has been that well publicised is it? Personally speaking i'd have spammed the hell out of every board i (and others) could lay my hands on. I mean no disrespect, but if the intention was really pull huge numbers in then more could've been done to raise awareness. Regardless, it's obvious Dot had planned from the outset this is how he was going to play it, and he's stuck to his guns.

Secondly, can i ask what your living situation is? House? Job? Partner? Kids? That sort of thing. I can only assume you haven't, because those of us who (rather unfortunately for you, obviously) do have this little thing coming up called Christmas where people have a lot of outgoings. I would love to pool in a good bit of money for the cause, but like i said in the original thread it's just not possible in the run-up to Christmas, a time of year that is synonymous with financial hardship.

Thirdly, whilst i am convinced by the authenticity of this copy of 1.5, i'm not sure many people on the outside looking in will feel the same i'm sorry to say. As part of the RE community, it's perhaps easier to put our faith in Dot when you take his standing into consideration. However there will still be a lot of die-hard RE fans who don't attach themselves to any RE message boards, and will be unwilling to part with their hard earned money for something that could blow up in their face.

Fourth and final point...if Dot's happy with the ammount of people who've come forward, and is happy with people's MINIMUM donations to make an offer, i really don't see why anyone should have a problem here.

If this attempt fails, i'd just suggest making another attempt in the New Year when people's financial situations might be a little brighter.
                            Last edited by Stu; 12-13-2007, 03:19 PM.

Comment

No, it isn't well out of order. I'll say it again, infact, without apology. I'm dissapointed by the small number of people willing to donate. Don't pretend to know about my budget or my living conditions, either. If you really feel it was wrong for me to say so and actually feel it was out of order, I acknowledge what you have said but now, you can do yourself the favor and leave me alone. I'm a brand new member and you're already trying to pick a fight with me. So here's how it stands, I don't like you and you don't like me so let's just try and stay out of each others way, as the line was spoken in the movie Night of the Living Dead by the character Ben speaking to Cooper.

Comment

Working...
                              X