No announcement yet.

1.5 Donations Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is nearing the festive season you know... People have money to spend on family and friends. What it comes down to is, what do you intend to spend on? A game that may be rare, but nonetheless is still a mechanical object, or items that shall make people's Christmas a joyful experience?
    Also, people may be too young... Alas, I cannot pay for I am only 14, and cannot use such transferring payment systems.
    As good as Biohazard 1.5 may be, it is just the wrong time. With Christmas nearing ever so closer, money is needed for making the people we spend our time with happy.
    No offense at all by the way. I am also a new member.

Comment

SurgicalHorror, i'm not trying to pick a fight with you. I'm trying to put across that different people are in different situations, and just can't afford to throw money at the sort of things they'd like to. If you don't like the idea of people having a different view of things than yourself, then the internet really isn't the place for you.
      Last edited by Stu; 12-13-2007, 04:09 PM.

Comment

Big Stu, I have asked you in a civilized way and a nice way, to not address me anymore. You are welcome to write in whatever thread you want, I've asked you not to talk to me or address me and simply ignore my posts. In other words, I've asked you to leave me alone. I'd appreciate if you did so. I also don't need you telling me what my place is, I've been on the internet since age 11 or 12. Thanks anyway Big Stu.

Comment

Keep it civil ladies. Sonicboy 101 has a point anyway, 1.5 and this donation stuff's really come up at the wrong time of year, especially in my case im paying off a 14k Student Loan, a further 2k in debt and overdrafts, having to help donate money to keep my sister in Uni and then theres Christmas, and since no ones gonna wise up and at least PM me what is considered to be a "minimum" donation, count me out.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dude View Post
            Sonicboy 101 has a point anyway, 1.5 and this donation stuff's really come up at the wrong time of year, especially in my case im paying off a 14k Student Loan, a further 2k in debt and overdrafts, having to help donate money to keep my sister in Uni and then theres Christmas
            Exactly! People with a mindset like SurgicalHorror need to shape up and realise that we're all in different situations here and can't afford to throw money at something like this, as much as we would obviously like to. Don't think we've taken the decision to opt out of this lightly, it just isn't the right time.

Also, has SurgicalHorror actually donated but is listed by his real name?
            Last edited by Stu; 12-13-2007, 04:42 PM.

Comment

I'm not trying to sound rude or anything but this is the last thing this thread needs. Maybe it should be locked? I'd hate for a stupid flame war to ruin our chances again

Comment

It's not a flame war at all though. Person a said something, person b disagreed. That's all this amounts to, nothing like a locking required at all!

Comment

I have, I am listed on there as Jeremiah. My full name is Jeremiah Tillman and you definately will not be getting my email. I've politely asked Big Stu to take his quarrel with me off the public boards because this is getting OFF TOPIC and to simply PM me since he wants to persistantly battle with me and cannot do something as simple as leaving me be.

Comment

You talk about going off-topic, but then you go and bring my name up again even though we've taken it to PM

ANYWAY...BACK ON TOPIC...

Dot, is there currently a way of donating to the site? Perhaps some of us could donate in the future then, to somewhat ease our conscience that we didn't donate at the right time? haha

Comment

Um, I pledged but my name isn't there >_>

Comment

I'll add you soon Nemesis. I've been sick the past few days. Sorry.

surgicalhorror, there is an ignore list feature. I suggest you use it if you don't want to see certain peoples posts.
                        Last edited by Dot50Cal; 12-13-2007, 09:26 PM.

Comment

Understood, sir. I sent Big Stu an apology also for my reaction.

Comment

and even if you mention someones name in a post its still not talking to them ya know, lol, btw these deals with inflames that fell through............did the seller not agree with a selling price or did they suddenly stop contact with inflames all of a sudden?

Comment

Originally posted by shanemurphy View Post
                              and even if you mention someones name in a post its still not talking to them ya know, lol, btw these deals with inflames that fell through............did the seller not agree with a selling price or did they suddenly stop contact with inflames all of a sudden?
                              Inflames only had one close chance, many years ago. I won't go into detail, but basically someone contacted him about it after seeing the Bioflames site and was going to give him a copy (give, not sell) but then something came up on the source's end and he wouldn't give Inflames a copy. So Inflames just received a couple hundred exclusive shots taken with a low quality digital camera from the game, and contact was lost and has been so. Most aware of this situation know already, but I like to iterate it everytime, but that lead is long dead and Inflames will not give out information about the source and honestly prefers it not be discussed. So don't ask.

Dot has had some deals, but only a few that have been legit and "close". I can think of a couple of other legit deals that ended up going nowhere that happened over the last couple of years. And as Dot said in the opening post (vaguely) on the donations page (the first topic about taking them), we were originally set to purchase this recent build that has surfaced from it's original owner but it fell through. Hence some of us spent some of the money we had saved for that, as he mentioned, and why we were taking donations for this. We prefer to keep details on deals and legitimate leads with just some of the most trusted staff and webmasters, to protect lead identities and such, even if they fall through. The Playstation Museum incident is a good indication to why that is. Just imagine if we were to say John Doe from Badass Gamerz Magazine had a copy of 1.5 in his possession and we were trying to obtain it from him. You know there would be some idiots/naive/over-enthusiastic people who would try to contact that person (whether to be greedy/heroic and try and get it {for} themselves, to be stupid and threaten them, or be overly demanding/enthusiastic about asking them to release) even if we were to tell them not to do so while we handle it. And even if our deal fell through, if we released the info, again others would just end up harassing the person with the same motivations. Things like that aren't gonna help, especially if there may have been a chance later on with the person. Like how Curator was supposedly going to post a second video on PSM, but after all the threats and negative forum posts, he decided not to.

Anyway, I'm rambling off a bit more than was really necessary. All we can do now is hope and wait till Dot fills us in. If he doesn't post, there's likely nothing to post at the time, so let's just wait.
                              sigpic

Comment

thanks for telling me, dam, it must have been so frustrating and sadening when all those deals fell through.

Comment

Working...
                                X