1.5 Status Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1.5 Status Update

For the time being we should consider this new lead inactive. I want to thank all of those who offered money to the cause, its greatly appreciated and shows the communities desire to play the game. I haven't received an email back from the seller so things are on hold. Sorry to disappoint any of you, though this was never a sure thing as it always is with these kinds of things.

This is very unfortunate. I would rather have the final beta anyway, though. Anything else would leave me dissapointed and/or wanting. You still and will always have my pledge amount, Dot. I do have a question though. Are there any other leads you are following at the moment? I'm not asking for disclosure on them or any elaboration, I just wanted to know if you and others are following other leads.

Comment

This isn't very good news..Everyone's done their best though, I'm sure though, that we will have this game eventually.

Comment

No worries

Comment

Originally posted by surgicalhorror View Post
          I would rather have the final beta anyway, though.
          There's only one beta i thought, the unfinished one.

Comment

Theres a lot of different builds, but the ones we have seen/confirmed to exist are the ones we list. I think Alzaire has around 5 unique builds ID'ed. All based on different times when it was shown.

Comment

Are there other leads to follow?

Comment

No.

Comment

Damn.
                  But I still wonder if WeskerWalker was telling the truth when he said that it will be going on sale sometime in the near future...
                  Anyway, my pledge still stands. Fortunately I already bought everything I need for Christmas, so I'll just put the money I saved into my 1.5 donation box.

Comment

Well, this is a good thing then, think about it, we could get contact back around spring next year, that means that more people will be more into pledging, and thats good for us all, this is a good and a bad thing, but contact will regain soon. Hopefully.

Comment

Thank you for the update, Dot. It has become readily apparent that the situation with Biohazard 1.5 is hopeless. Although several people or a dozen people have versions of it, we would have to wait until a decent human being came into posession of it rather than the misanthropes and antisocialites that currently have it. Once it gets into the hands of a decent person, they will surely disclose it to the public and their name will go down in Biohazard history. Plus, they will be popular (at least with me and everyone I know). Fame is a good thing.

Comment

As a non-radical dreamer I still believe in this deal... Let's wait patiently and check ebay/yahoo.japan everyday!

BTW Merry Christmas everyone !
                        Last edited by SeiyaKou; 12-21-2007, 04:53 PM.

Comment

We just have to hope someone with a Beta realizes the fame to be had by releasing their copy.
                          Why does something so valuable have to fall into the hands of sociopaths?

Comment

I'm a firm believe in the whole dark cloud/silver lining bullshit, so the best way to look at things here Dot is that we (the RE community) can regroup and perhaps make a better effort next time around?

Like a few of us have noted during this round, and as i'm sure you can appreciate, the timing couldn't have been much worse what with Christmas in a few days and family taking priorities...but i imagine a good few more people will be willing to chip in on future investments. Who knows, perhaps word could be spread a little further afield and we could gather up some sort of total that no one could possibly refuse?

Originally posted by LeonsBuddyDave View Post
                            We just have to hope someone with a Beta realizes the fame to be had by releasing their copy.
                            Why does something so valuable have to fall into the hands of sociopaths?
                            Originally posted by surgicalhorror View Post
                            we would have to wait until a decent human being came into posession of it rather than the misanthropes and antisocialites that currently have it.
                            What a load of rubbish. Again

What gives you the right to question whether a person is decent enough?

I'm sure whoever does have it has good reason to not be releasing it to the public, not to mention the legal minefield that will probably go with it!

What has fame got to do with this? If you're so willing to sell them short and criticise them for not replying to any emails this time around, why would anyone want to come forward in the future if the community is willing to be this short sighted towards an outside?

And this isn't flamebaiting by the way, just cold hard facts. What message does it give out to the person who might be willing to sell this in future if their decency is already being called into question? Making your donation doesn't give you any devine right to criticise anyone surrounding the project, so perhaps choose your words a bit more carefully next time.
                            Last edited by Stu; 12-21-2007, 05:10 PM.

Comment

Ok Big Stu, you have your opinion. Those are not facts. The only fact is that the people who possess the betas are not GOOD people. They obviously do not believe in the principle of truth or disclosure to the public. The whole legal rap you keep repeating is merely an excuse. If a random torrent of a beta were given or to just pop up, there is no way of tracing it. The only way these things could be traced is either through confession of the person who leaked it or if they work for Capcom, Sony or associates. The people who leaked Manhunt 2 uncut for example were Sony employees. These people are idiotic, sociopathic, liars. They have misled people like Dot, Alzaire, etc. over and over and over again. They are absolutely shady and THIS is what gives me the right to judge if they are decent or not. Liars, misanthropes, antisocialites, sociopathy, etc. You are not gonna convince me or anyone else they are decent people given the shady behaviour they have exhibited. Nice try, but you can keep your so called "facts".

Comment

Working...
                              X