This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've read something slightly worrying on the PlayStation Museum forums:

I have informed some of the higher ups of Capcom USA that a prototype copy of resident evil 2/biohazard 2 was in the museums possession. They were quite surprised and said that they would call there japan office and get to the bottom of the situation. This is only a problem though because 1.5 as we know is still under resident evil 2/ biohazard 2 copyrights. Thus a piece of there intellectual property has at least been sold once, and listed on ebay also quite recently. Needless to say all parties involved will probably be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Not to mention that if found the copy in the curators possession will most likely be taken back and locked away again.

Better to be in Capcoms hands then his.
    I understand that someone posted a similar bs message before the 1.5 thread was closed, so it might be just another prankster pulling our legs, but still...

Comment

Nooo!!! If s/he tells Capcom then we will NEVER EVER get it!!!!
      I can't believe this...It's better in the curators hands then Capcom, because then he might see how much people are insulting him on these boards and others, maybe he will accept your $4000 offer just to stop being death threatened...and then we can own this game too, but it is a terrible mistake to tell Capcom, because all they care about is f*cking money and they don't want to mass-produce the game because they think it was a pile of s***, look at RE GBC, looked amazing, RE3.5, looked WAY, WAY, better than that piece of junk they gave us which is supposedly a Resident Evil, this is f*cking...terrible...god..dammit...
      Woah, I've gotten a bit carried away, 3 years of waiting got me all hyped up, and I know people have been waiting longer...way longer...God...dammit..
      Capcom never do anything for the fans, whatever happened to the RE PSP petition which they agreed to make! ><
      *Takes Breath*

Comment

*Pats Gradon on the back*
        I'm sure that 1.5 will come to light eventually, it's just a question of time. But If Capcom gets their hands on (supposedly) the last copy, were screwed.

Comment

It´s a matter of time that this guy sell the game for a reasonable price.

Comment

Flaming him is one thing, but I definitely still wouldn't mention anything about obtaining his address and/or physically harming him.
            Agreed.

Even though this is 1.5 we're talking about here, people trying to obtain his home address so they can carry out their death threats is simply obscene. C'mon people, this is the internet and an unreleased video game we're talking about, not taking someone's life or physically harming them.

EDIT: I had to address this at BioFlames, and i'm addressing it here.

You shouldn't wish for someone to be dead over a matter like this.
            Originally posted by MarkGrass
            And exactly where did I wish death upon the douchebag? I simply went on a rant about what an asstwat he is. Whenever I said that "I could care less if he ate shit and died" is another way of me saying that i've washed my hands of the situation. And when I said that "i've put people in ICU for far much less" simply means that if I actually knew the guy in real life and he pulled a stunt like that, I would probably whoop the shit outta him. But I don't know this guy in real life, so it doesn't matter and it definitely doesn't mean that I actually care enough to hunt him down. I may be alot of things, but i'm not that damn ignorant.

As the late great Notorious B.I.G. said, "I wouldn't wish death on nobody, there aint no coming back from that."

I can't speak for everyone though, they're people out there who have actually sent death threats to this guy and have actually stopped to the lowest of lows - trying to find out his physical address. People like this need to be stopped in their tracks, and should possibly seek professional help.

Moving on, if CAPCOM wasn't suspicious before, they sure as hell have a reason to be now.

Last edited by MeganGrass; 12-31-2007, 01:18 PM.
            I'm a blackstar.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkGrass View Post
              this is the internet
              You just gave the explanation right there. It is going too far though. But if Capcom are on to him then that's his own fault and i hope he gets sued out the ass for being so irresponsible.

Comment

damn this has got to stop...get over yourselves...I think i've said this before, this is as dumb as when some one shot another person over a PS3... Im sure one day we will get re 1.5... it maybe tomarrow from 5 years from now. As much as I hate the situation, threats and such arent going to better the situation that this ass hat has created...

Comment

Hopefully, all this pressure will crack him up sooner or later and he'll be forced to sell it. I mean, it's kinda obvious to him now that he can't sell the game for more than a few thousand dollars (note: not a hundred thousand dollars), so if he still wants to make money out of this then it's NOW or NEVER seeing as how Capcom's going to inevitably interfere with the matter sooner or later. Once Capcom steps in, it's going to be too late and all that he would have gotten is a lot of viruses in his email and a $300 hole in his wallet..
                  Seibu teh geimu?
                  ---

Comment

does wishing that capcom capture and prosecute the holy hell out of his ass count as a bad thing

Comment

Well, yes, because then no, we will never get it, and just to point out something, how can you say you want him prosecuted when you want RE1.5 yourself which is then wanting yourself prosecuted?

Anyway, here is what was on the auction, look how f*cking selfish this is:

Q: What if the games don't sell?

A: "I'll keep them gladly. If I decide to re-sell, it will be a long time (like 10 more years)."

Comment

It's like watching a highway pileup in slow motion this.

Comment

LOL.

Oh yeah, I'm sure Capcom would be perfectly fine with a security leak.

Comment

$125,000? If i had it, i'd pay it. I'd rather be down by an assload of money and have 1.5 than not have it, and never ever have it because Capcom want to stretch their legal muscle. Hell, Capcom might even see how highly saught after this game actually is and do something about it. Not likely but possible. But i mean, there's more hype about this unreleased game from 10 years ago than there is about any of their current unreleased games, including RE5 and DMC4, so its possible they might take some notice.

Besides, its not like Curator is the only selfish person in this community. At least he pretended there was a chance we could get his rare game, unlike other people in the community with a "private collection"/stockpile. Making such a fuss about 1.5, when you have so many different versions of other games that nobody else will get to play (unless we pay unreasonable amounts of money) is pretty hypocritical.

Just my 2 Cents.

Comment

For $125,000 you could probably locate the final build of 1.5, fly to the owners location, buy it, fly home, buy a super home cinema system to play it and still have change. This build is not worth that much cash.

Comment

I'd rather say that if you could present $125,000. Chances are that you're in such a position that you should pretty much consider sketching out a business plan instead and gather a team of talents (3-4 trained monkeys) and try to approach Capcom directly and see if a deal could be worked out to evt. port the code for the game over to a more up-to-date platform (such as PC, to avoid console licensing) and put some finishing touches on things and then do some sort of official release (Download service, to avoid printing costs).

Comment

Working...
                                X