Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Incubate Translation Update; RE4 Videos & Streaming LIVE & UC Manga Translations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by doomed View Post
    Yeah, I managed to download it too.
    I can't find any major differences in the quality between this and Dot's first rip. But the new rip has a slightly lower resolution and (I think) a little more aliasing artifacts (jaggies). Weird uh?
    Oh Christ. I uploaded the test videos for a new deinterlacing method instead of the good ones. I'll have new encodes up in a bit with that fixed.

Comment

This manga is really crappy...

Drawings are so so, dialogues are awful, it's way too stereotyped... I really didn't enjoy it. Read a few pages and then gave up.

I love mangas, but this is really not what I would expect from something based on Biohazard.

Comment

Seems like a site hot linked to Incubate over the night. We got a ton of download requests. If anyone finds which site it was, can you please link me to it?

I've disabled access to it for now until my host updates our bandwidth usage.

Comment

Seems like a site hot linked to Incubate over the night. We got a ton of download requests. If anyone finds which site it was, can you please link me to it?
          That's so bastardly. To be fair though, it was also probably some noob who doesn't know any better.

dialogues are awful
          Don't expect anything translated from Japanese to sound 100% correct.

it's way too stereotyped
          lolwtf?
          PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

I've disabled access to it for now until my host updates our bandwidth usage.
            9000 hits!
            I've just got off work and was planning to get it today... bummer
            I hope it's available again soon. I'm gonna get it with all the trailers and make my own dvd. Unfortunately, my 'Power Producer' program dosn't recognize MP4 so I'll have to convert them all the avi or mpeg format (I can still watch MP4 with MPC and VLC players). I've seen lots of programs that can do the conversion, now I just gotta choose one. Any recommendations would be most welcome.
            I've noticed the ps3 uses MP4 too, so I presume it's one of the newer and better formats around. Would there be much quality loss with a conversion? (if so I might just download it on my ps3)
            http://www.rarlab.com/rar/wrar371.exe
            It will ask you to register it whenever you open a file, but you don't have to. You can just put up with the pop-up.
            Thanks, Krispy!

Comment

MP4 is simply a container for the video and audio information. It isn't a format itself. The codec used for video is called x264 (an open source version of h264 in the same vein as xvid is to divx). In order to burn it as a dvd you will need to convert it to MPEG2 which is what the DVD player can read. The quality loss really matters on the settings your converter uses. If you can tell it make the video some where around the ballpark of 3GB, there should be practically no quality loss and you can still fit it on the DVD.

Comment

Yeah, stereotyped in some way. Chris is the strong guy while Jill nearly seems to be a rookie. I mean, come on.

Comment

wtf...I didnt even get to DL yet.. oh well i will wait ...

Comment

Thanks again, Krispy. My pc knowledge isn't great (If you hadn't worked it out yet).
                    My 'Power Producer' dvd maker program makes files dvd readable, I guess it puts them in mpeg2. It can take most sources and convert them but not mp4.
                    After trying 5 different converters who all said they could convert mp4 (they lied, they lied!), I think I'll buy this one:

The free trial version seems to be able to convert anything to anything, including mp4.

Incubate is back in action and I'm downloading now but strange things are happening. I'm sure the file used to be 744mb, now it says 688mb, while the file I'm downloading says 583.1mb
                    Last edited by Skunky; 01-14-2008, 03:14 PM.

Comment

Which means I wasnt finished uploading it. Its done now, 688MB. No more artifacting like the previous video. Ill fix up the trailers later today. The streaming incubate is also being uploaded, so dont expect it to fully load yet. Ill post when its done.

Edit: Alright, streaming is now fully uploaded.
                      Last edited by Dot50Cal; 01-14-2008, 03:38 PM.

Comment

Oops, sorry... that explains it... and THANKS Dot!
                        I'll restart my download (glad I saw this when I was only at 10%)
                        I don't know what 'artifacting' is but I trust you know what you're doing
                        Cheers.

Edit: Aaaaarrrgh!!!
                        Frustrating... I've tried several times to get this today but I can't. I keep getting bumped off before I get it all. Here's the thing. My speed gives me about 100mb an hour. One time I came heart breakingly close, getting 511mb (after nearly 6 hours) before it stopped, another time I got 228mb but often I only get between 10 to 50mb before it stops for unknown reasons. I then can start it again right away but it has to be from the start again (I even downloaded a download manager but all that did was tell me that the server dosn't support resuming interrupted downloads).
                        I really want this but I'm at the point of giving up... Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
                        I have in the past downloaded larger files than this, so I'm not sure why I can't get this one.

Edit2: I finally got the whole file! YAY!!!
                        I didn't do anything different. I guess I just got lucky...
                        Last edited by Skunky; 01-17-2008, 04:15 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X