Modding RE4 PS2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modding RE4 PS2

I'm gonna try modding the PS2 version of RE4 with the PC mods with the use of HDLoader 0.8c and changing the contents of a RE4 PS2 iso image cos HDLoader bypasses the PS2 protections Also while on the PS2 subject does anybody have this http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...disc-image.jpg ?
    If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

HDD? The PS2 had a fricken HardDrive?!
    Wait...so you basically want to change the iso on a computer? Or on the PS2 itself? But im sure the PS2 doesnt have a harddrive? Strange, anyway, good luck with this, sorry but I cant help here! ^^;

Comment

topic needs less words and more screenshots

Comment

I'm not even sure what the PC mods are, what are they? If you're doing some crazy shit other than editing models, it's probably not going to work, is it? Heck, would editing models even work? I have no idea..

Anyway, you'd have to rebuild the ISO with the Sony CD/DVDGen program and Apache to keep the structure the same after you change files. You can use the tutorial here, this is for replacing files in Guitar Hero games, so obviously the SLUS_ ID of the game disc will be different, but you can use this tutorial as a general guideline. Pull all the crap off your disc and then start at steps 10 and 11 from the tutorial..

Download link for CD/DVD Gen and Apache: http://utilities.psxforum.com/cddvdgen.zip & http://www.ps3news.com/forums/downlo...p?do=file&id=9
        Tutorial: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5925

What I'd REALLY love to see is Mark Grass do some hacking of the PS2 version and create a .PPF patch to apply to the .ISO for the debug menu!
        More people have modded PS2's than GC's, but I know this project is long gone and it would just be backtracking and probably seen as a waste of time. I'm not sure if the debug menu is even in the PS2 version of RE4, is it?

Not sure why you want the PS2 HDD Utility Disc, it's 100% useless these days. If you need to format, you can format the drive with ulaunchelf, a PS2 homebrew application that contains a HDD manager in the filebrowser/MISC section. Alternatively, you can attach the HDD to your PC and use WinHIIP to format it.
        Last edited by ChuckthePlant; 01-15-2008, 12:46 PM.
        If you read this, you wasted five seconds of your life.

Comment

No debug on the PS2 ver, its not possible at least last time I checked with Mark.

Comment

Originally posted by romis138 View Post
            I'm not even sure what the PC mods are, what are they? If you're doing some crazy shit other than editing models, it's probably not going to work, is it? Heck, would editing models even work? I have no idea..

Anyway, you'd have to rebuild the ISO with the Sony CD/DVDGen program and Apache to keep the structure the same after you change files. You can use the tutorial here, this is for replacing files in Guitar Hero games, so obviously the SLUS_ ID of the game disc will be different, but you can use this tutorial as a general guideline. Pull all the crap off your disc and then start at steps 10 and 11 from the tutorial..

Download link for CD/DVD Gen and Apache: http://utilities.psxforum.com/cddvdgen.zip & http://www.ps3news.com/forums/downlo...p?do=file&id=9
            Tutorial: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5925

What I'd REALLY love to see is Mark Grass do some hacking of the PS2 version and create a .PPF patch to apply to the .ISO for the debug menu!
            More people have modded PS2's than GC's, but I know this project is long gone and it would just be backtracking and probably seen as a waste of time. I'm not sure if the debug menu is even in the PS2 version of RE4, is it?

Not sure why you want the PS2 HDD Utility Disc, it's 100% useless these days. If you need to format, you can format the drive with ulaunchelf, a PS2 homebrew application that contains a HDD manager in the filebrowser/MISC section. Alternatively, you can attach the HDD to your PC and use WinHIIP to format it.
            The only reason I wanted the Utility Disc is because it makes a readable folder for ps2 save games that can be seen in the PS2 browser window for the few games that utilized the HDD my HDD is already formated by ulaunchelf 4.12 because it crashed when trying to format with HDLOADER I don't think it can format drives under 40GB mine is only 4GB which currently has Zombie Hunters 2, ICO and SpongeBob Squarepants : ROFD on it, i'm getting a 30GB for it soon though
            I don't think you have to keep the disc structure the same when using HDLOADER as it bypasses all the checksums, i'll look into though, basically all I want to do is change the Backgrounds and Models. I'm also working on modding the GC version with the use of GC-Tool and sd-boot v0.3 .

Originally posted by Gradon View Post
            HDD? The PS2 had a fricken HardDrive?!
            Wait...so you basically want to change the iso on a computer? Or on the PS2 itself? But im sure the PS2 doesnt have a harddrive? Strange, anyway, good luck with this, sorry but I cant help here! ^^;
            You connect a HDD to the original FAT PS2's through the expansion bay on the back that was removed for the slimline PS2 you just need a Network Adapter to bridge the connection to the HDD.

Last edited by kevstah2004; 01-15-2008, 04:07 PM.

sigpic

Comment

I've got an 80gig HDD in my ps2 and use 'HD Advance 2.0'.
              It works great! You just boot the ps2 with the HD Advance disk in it, this accesses the HDD and shows your list of games installed, where you can add new ones etc. Then you just choose the game you want to play and you're away. The loading times on whatever game are all but gone...
              The list of games that don't work on a HDD is very small. I've got all the ps2 RE games on it, all the GTAs (except for VC-stories which dosn't work on it).
              I usually add any game with lengthy load times or any game I've been playing a lot, just for the convenience of being able to boot it up and play, without even having to open the disk tray

Comment

Originally posted by Skunky View Post
                I've got an 80gig HDD in my ps2 and use 'HD Advance 2.0'.
                It works great! You just boot the ps2 with the HD Advance disk in it, this accesses the HDD and shows your list of games installed, where you can add new ones etc. Then you just choose the game you want to play and you're away. The loading times on whatever game are all but gone...
                The list of games that don't work on a HDD is very small. I've got all the ps2 RE games on it, all the GTAs (except for VC-stories which dosn't work on it).
                I usually add any game with lengthy load times or any game I've been playing a lot, just for the convenience of being able to boot it up and play, without even having to open the disk tray
                The HDAdvance ‘team’ took HDLoader, applied some community-created patches they didn’t even create, modified the splash screen and menu bitmap, and are selling it for $20-$30 or whatever. Not to mention it’s not up to date. If you buy HDAdvance you are literally supporting asshole plagiarist criminals.
                If want the real deal get HDL_0.8cP.ELF and boot it with uLaunchELF v4.12 it supports HDD drives up 2TB and all DVD-9 games which can be installed with WinHIIP 1.7.6
                Last edited by kevstah2004; 01-15-2008, 10:19 PM.

sigpic

Comment

Who cares about the browser menu, though? ULE can handle gamesaves and copy to any storage..sounds like a bigger waste than PS2 Linux. >_>

Please post a followup if you get any backgrounds or models changed! =)
                  If you read this, you wasted five seconds of your life.

Comment

I'm looking through the packed PS2 .AFS files now to see what files they contain and how they relate to the PC version if anyone has the pc version can you tell me all file extensions it contains as I don't own it yet.
                    Config.txt = ???
                    .ADX = Background music & voice data
                    .SFD = FMV
                    .EVD = Cutscene render data?
                    .FNT = ???
                    .DAT = ???
                    .HED = ???
                    .SND = Something sound related maybe sound effects?
                    .REL = ???
                    .SND = ???
                    .ESL = List containing enemy's that need to be loaded for that stage???
                    .BIN = ???
                    .EFF = ???
                    .UWF = ???
                    .TPL = Data for files and items???

I think all the EM & Pl0, WEP files follow the same pattern as past re games where they contain data for the enemy, player & weapon models.

ADXUtil V2.2.1 can supposively unpack & repack .AFS files i'm trying it out now.
                    Latest news coverage, email, free stock quotes, live scores and video are just the beginning. Discover more every day at Yahoo!

AFSExplorer v3.7 can just browse and extract files as far I know.

The largest collection of Game Trainers on the Web. Game Trainers, Cheats, Memory Editors, Saved Game Editors, Patches, Fixes, Downloads

Last edited by kevstah2004; 01-16-2008, 03:18 PM.

sigpic

Comment

.Bin is binary information someone correct me if i'm wrong >.<

Comment

config.txt manages some debug variables.

Comment

I have the utility disc, do you still need it?

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
                            config.txt manages some debug variables.
                            hmm I extracted it but it was blank file unlike the gamecube US trial version what are all the variables I mentioned some off them before here.

[INF_BULLET2] & [PAD_INFO] only works if you select photo or video mode and all PAD_INFO does is give you the Maximum rank without decreasing would I be right in thinking all these are the same as the ones posted here
                            http://www.the-horror.com/index.php?...=re4demos&p=21 you just the take DBG bit out?

Originally posted by Krispy View Post
                            I have the utility disc, do you still need it?
                            No I found it on a torrent site the file to search for is "ps2 utitliy disc 1.0.7z" ;-) if anybody wants it.
                            Last edited by kevstah2004; 01-16-2008, 09:20 PM.

sigpic

Comment

If you buy HDAdvance you are literally supporting asshole plagiarist criminals.
                              Gee... um, sorry dude. I didn't mean to support "asshole plagiarist criminals". I hope you can forgive me...
                              When I looked in to getting a HDD for my ps2 some years ago, I found the HDAdvance and I thought it looked like what I was after. It does the job fine and I've been happy with it.
                              I don't doubt what you're saying is true but at the time I didn't know about the alternatives. The one thing I would like it to do but it can't, is also allow you to store and play ps1 games on it.
                              I think I read somewhere that you can also run emulators on the HDD but I'm not knowledgeable on such things...

Comment

Working...
                              X