Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You Guys Seen The Silent Hill 5 Trailer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You Guys Seen The Silent Hill 5 Trailer?

I'm talking about the one with town gameplay, I mean, it looks, awesome...
    There are also some screenshots of the game on: http://silenthill5.net
    So, what do you guys think this games going to be like? I know Team Silent has left Konami now...well maybe not, but they act like they have; the only thing that annoys me is on the GameSpot forums, people are like: "ZOMG NO TEAM SILENT GAEM SUCKSSS!!!111." Seriously, people need to give companies a chance, Climax UK saved the Silent Hill series with Origins, so I don't see why this should be any different. I mean look at Tomb Raider, I know it's a matter of opinion, but I prefer Anniversary over the original. Crystal Dynamics are indeed as good as Core Design was...But Angel Of Darkness felt like a PS1 game than anything...
    Back on topic; your thoughts?

I ain't seen it yet but i'm deffo looking forward to silent hill 5, people who go off like that shouldn't even consider themselves fans imo, just because a game passes from one publisher to another or whatnot does not mean the game is gonna suck.

Comment

Look on YouTube for it; it's awesome! =D

Comment

It looks great. Especially the peeling wall effects straight from the movie (and its real time too). I'm really looking forward to it. Sh4 sucked, and I think it was because they forced The Room into the silent hill series rather than just leaving it by itself.

Origins rocked. It went back to the roots and slightly off in a new interesting direction.

Comment

the trailer looks wicked. The town is nice aswell. I guess i keep forgetting this is on a next gen console now, so the graphics will make the game alot more better. Just can't wait to go on another adventure in Silent Hill and try to solve another mistery.

Comment

From watching the trailer several times, there just seems to be something off with Silent Hill 5 right now, and I can't decide what it is that's making me feel like this. I think it might be one (or more) of these points.

Story sounds fine but I think they're using the "ex-soldier" plot as a way to bring in better controls. This is fine I guess, but I fear it will take something away from the aspect of Silent Hill that always felt as though the protagonist was an everyday person thrown into this hellish world and how they cope with it. They can't handle weapons the best, they are not the fittest people, they are not the bravest people. Having the option to jump over things, handle weapons well and such, I wonder if this will deminish something from the overall experience.

The camera has always been a staple of the series, for both good and bad reasons. At times it has been a wonderful tool to create atmosphere. Three examples of how this camera work can be done can be seen at times such as the beginning of Silent Hill when Harry walks through the alley and slowly descends into "hell", or how the camera pans in the mirror scene with Angela in Silent Hill 2, or how it moves in the "revelation" sequence in Silent Hill 2. However, the camera we control as we play the game is pretty horrible and unresponsive. This has added another level of tension to the game, which I believe was intentional. In the clips of Silent Hill 5, we see the camera controls much closer to that of Uncharted or Crackdown. As far as third person camera controls go, it looks fine, but I don't know if I want that in a Silent Hill game.

I also wonder about some general things that I see. The game looks like it lacks any hint of subtle horror, another thing the series has been known for. Silent Hill 2's story and design has had more thought put into it than most studios will ever put into entire series'. The fact that everything that happens in that game, every monster and every character is symbolic of something is pretty fantastic. From what I can see, Silent Hill 5 lacks that subtle horror. It's got nurses with nice bodies and he is steping through vaginas, why? Ohh, 'cause Alex couldn't get his end so he thinks of everything sex wise. I hope they look at what they need to be make, then make it, rather than have a creature and then say "OK, why is Alex seeing this in Silent Hill".

I'm not too happy at the fact that they're taking visual aspects from the film, rather than staying true to the games. Perhaps this is just my jaded views as I didn't like the film, but the visuals of Silent Hill 3, for example, far out weigh the visuals of the peeling rust from the film. The film looked good, I admit, but i'd rather see the darkness and pulsing feel of Silent Hill 3.

I have other worries but I think I have talked for long enough.

Comment

That is quite alot of reasons..I see...
              Well, most of the things you said were true, as I was playing Silent Hill 2 before, the radio going mad and there was one of those straight jackets like infront of me.
              Scared the crap out of me.
              But all the monsters don't really come from the subconscious of the characters.
              Silent Hill 1's enemies were from what Alessa had made from her mind.
              Silent Hill 2's was based on James subconscious and pretty much how he saw his wife. (Sexual body nurses, but no face, to appose that all he saw was sex and not a human being, I think.)
              Silent Hill 3's was based on Alessa's again if I'm not mistaken.
              Silent Hill 4's was based on Walter's fear of creatures and other things based around him.
              And again, I think Origins was based on Alessa.
              But that is all I know, the only creature I personally don't like is that white one...with the split head...it's just not scary or creepy in anyway, it's too bright, Silent Hill is dark and disturbing.

Comment

Originally posted by Gradon View Post
                Silent Hill 2's was based on James subconscious and pretty much how he saw his wife. (Sexual body nurses, but no face, to appose that all he saw was sex and not a human being, I think.)
                You're half right there. The nurses were a representation of the sexual frustration he felt due to Mary's illness (thus there attractive bodies) and the fact that they were indeed nurses is due to the fact that during her illness, most of his time was spent in hospitals with nurses, perhaps lusting after some.

Silent Hill 3's was based on Alessa's again if I'm not mistaken.
                A mix of Alessa and Claudia's fears. For example, God is birthed in the image Claudia imagined she would look like.

Silent Hill 4's was based on Walter's fear of creatures and other things based around him.
                I'd say it was closer to the people he killed, but yes, alot was based on his childhood fears. Stuff like the dogs, the wall men, the apes and so on.

I think Origins was based on Alessa.
                Origin's creature designs were all based on Travis, not Alessa. Most of them don't have any subtle meanings, they're just there 'cause they're there.

Silent Hill is dark and disturbing.
                Only as dark and disturbing as the people it draws in.

Comment

Working...
                X