Resident Evil 4 - "Custom Beta" video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil 4 - "Custom Beta" video

We have a new item up on the Resident Evil 4 video section. Its a video that shows off some of the older enemies from an earlier version of the game. We will eventually get around to making a feature out of this build but since were going through a dry spell in the news, I figured this might spice the forums up a bit. Follow the link to download or stream it. This video also marks the first one which uses our new 480p capturing process which delivers extremely high quality video without the need to de-interlace.

Resident Evil 4 Videos Page
    Last edited by Dot50Cal; 02-10-2008, 12:31 AM.

Continuing discussion from original thread...

Does it need to be activated however you are doing it, or does it just need to be active? Which maps does it definitely work in?

Sorry for all the questions, this is the first time I've seen any new 3.5 in almost a year and a half.

EDIT: So, mine area (I think)!
    Comments: Was that a beta area in the second to last clip? Also, that last guy freaked me out! He was like a f****** possessed cat! I betcha that freaked you out the first time you tried it...
    Last edited by LeonsBuddyDave; 02-10-2008, 12:56 AM.

Comment

Yes, you need it on as is shown in the clip. It only works on later maps that arent in the trial edition.

All the clips are from normal map areas, some may contain unfinished elements though.

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
        Yes, you need it on as is shown in the clip. It only works on later maps that arent in the trial edition.

All the clips are from normal map areas, some may contain unfinished elements though.
        Wait...the maps it works on are not available in the trial edition...but they are in the final? So it could work, and if that was the mine area...I think I have some testing to do; those AR codes were for the retail. I'll post any results.

EDIT: Dang, every time I enter this thread, those ganados scare the crap outta me. They're like freakin' Reapers!
        Last edited by LeonsBuddyDave; 02-10-2008, 01:11 AM.

Comment

I like how the "Antler" Illuminados just walks casually torwards Leon as if nothing could hurt him...but I don't understand - instead of attacking Leon, he just walks to the prison door, turns around and just stands there?

It will be interesting to see what else we will find.
          I'm a blackstar.

Comment

Perhaps he originally walked over there and released the Garrador? Anyway, the closest file I had to the Mine Area was 2-3. I had one at 5-2 and like 7 more completed files but no, I have to get to the mines from 2-3. Should be easy though, with unlimited TMP with one-hit kills on and unlimited health.

Sorry if this is against the rules, just ignore it if it is, but how do you guys do this stuff? It seems to go far beyond the realm of normal "hacking". It's like God getting amnesia and taking earth apart to see how it works. Again, ignore if this is the "naughty area".
            EDIT: 2-3 Chapter End. Getting there.
            EDIT2: 3-1, but I just realized I can use Walk Through Walls to skip over the entire Goat-Snake-Lion thing. Thank God for AR!
            EDIT3: 4-1 Chapter End. AKA: The Mine Area.
            Last edited by LeonsBuddyDave; 02-10-2008, 02:14 AM.

Comment

Interesting, is this from the GameCube version of the game?

Comment

is this from the GameCube version of the game?

Yes, it is GCN footage, however, what is being done IS NOT possible normally in ANY normal build of BioHazard 4. You simply will not find a build (trial, beta or otherwise) in which what was shown is possible.

but how do you guys do this stuff?

Lot's of hacking knowledge, patience. And incase you missed the thread title, it states "Custom Beta".
                Last edited by MeganGrass; 02-10-2008, 02:19 AM.
                I'm a blackstar.

Comment

Okay, First Test Results: Entered Mine, Ashley Appeared. WTF. Reloaded save, Entered Mine, No Ashley. Continued Forward. Ganado Threw axe, turned Slow on, nothing happened. I think this might be due to another code I had on, Disable Hit Detection. This code makes the game treat Leon like he's not there so he won't trigger some events. I'm going to turn it off, if that doesn't work than I don't think It's possible to do with AR.

EDIT: Hey, you posted while I was typing. Well, I'm going to give it a last try anyway, although probably in vain. Oh well. At least no one can say we didn't cover all possibility's, right?
                  EDIT!!!
                  Okay, something happened. It wasn't nearly as cool as yours, but something happened. When the guy threw the ax, leon bounced back and forth between standing and a kindof-half-squat-crouch with one leg stuck out oddly for about a second, then went back to normal. Now I can't get it to happen again. I don't know if I pressed a button, or what, or if it's just a combination of the codes I'm using, but he definitely tried to do something. I just wish he would do it again so I could get a damn screenshot! Anyways, I really hope this project blossoms into something really cool, theres a lot of mystery surrounding 3.5.
                  EDIT: Okay, Leon's being stubborn. I'm starting to think it was just some kind of weird glitch with the codes I was using.
                  Last edited by LeonsBuddyDave; 02-10-2008, 02:33 AM.

Comment

Wow. Very interesting stuff. Looking forward to the feature
                    sigpic

Comment

pretty awesome!!! the guy that jumps at the end of the video is very werid!!! hahaha

Comment

He's possessed or something! Maybe they intended the Ganados to have more animal traits, to be more vicious, carnal beings. Hell, maybe that animation is unfinished. Maybe he originally dived at Leon, knocking him to the ground and gnawing on his face like the Wolves.

Comment

wow!!!!! A ganado biting Leon like a wolf!!!!!!!!!!!! that would be crazy!!!!!!!!!!! O.O

Edit: Does anyone knows where i can download mods (ada bikini, ada in the main story, enhanced graphicsetc.) for RE4 PC?????
                          Last edited by RE-Hiro; 02-10-2008, 10:35 AM.

Comment

I can't download this. I had problems with the Incubate feature, that were solved a couple of days later..

Comment

Does anyone knows where i can download mods (ada bikini, ada in the main story, enhanced graphicsetc.) for RE4 PC?????

You can find utilities that I helped St.Vampyre create before I knew how to program here:

Last edited by MeganGrass; 02-10-2008, 11:59 AM.
                              I'm a blackstar.

Comment

Working...
                              X