No announcement yet.

Resident Evil series sales update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I read an article a few months ago that had the top 20 selling video games of all time and also the top selling video game series.
    I think RE was in the top 10 series but I can't remember the details. There were some obvious things ahead of it like Mario but also some others you might not expect.
    I'll try to find the details again...

Not the article I read but has the basic info:

RE at no.19
    Last edited by Skunky; 02-18-2008, 05:32 PM.

Comment

i agree id say resi evil is deffo one of the best selling gaming series to date, as well as one of the best. and considering capcom recycled alot of content from previous games for UC id say they are happy. In my opinion people say street fighter made capcom famous...but i think without resi evil and devil may cry series they wouldent be half as famous and well known as they are today.

Comment

Originally posted by A-J View Post
        umbrella chronicles should have probably reached the million mark by now too ...

true, but like the ps2 version of RE4 you have to consider the time as well, both CV and RE4 for the ps2 came out 1 year later from their original consoles, a large time span. The margin would've been much much bigger had the ps2 version been the first one to come out (or even launched at the same time).

not to mention both the game's ps2 versions are technically inferior to their original counterparts.
        RE4's are actually a lot higher... not-surprisingly. I actually had expected the PS2 version of CV being higher than they are. Regardless that both versions are technically not as good as their originals.

RE Dual Shock is an odd one... sure it had a longer run length than the DC, but considering the waiting masses for RE2 and it's sales I'm amazed it wasn't that high either. I would have thought by the time it released in later 98 the majority of sales would have been done for the original, but clearly not...

Comment

Working...
        X