No announcement yet.

Silent Hill 2 on 360 Backwards Compatibility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My PS2 is stuffed. And I'm not going to buy another PS2 to replace it, just so I can occassionally replay games. Especially after paying so much for an earlier model PS3 which Sony then dropped support for. Screw them.

Comment

Yeah, I don't think they have consoles being produced with backwards PS2 compatibility, but hey, they're better than Microsoft. :/

*CoughMicrosoftMoneyWhoresWithXboxLiveAndCameraCou gh*

Comment

Originally posted by Gradon View Post
        *CoughMicrosoftMoneyWhoresWithXboxLiveAndCameraCou gh*

Comment

Rombie, you can buy a brand new ps2 for about $100. I'm actually considering buying a pink, slim model (I'm not kidding), just to have as a spare.
          My 7 year old fat model still works perfectly but it could die one day. I couldn't live without having a chipped ps2 to play all my imports & pirate copies...

Comment

Can you buy me one then so I don't have to care :p heh

My fat PS2 is caked in dust which is mostly why it doesn't work. It's because it sat on the floor of one of my places back in 04 for six months because we basically had nothing but a TV on a stand and no space for shelving. After that, even though I was able to begin taking better care with it - the lens begun giving out, and even using cleaners hasn't fixed it... just prolonged it's life a little. DVD9's were effected first, then normal discs as well. I couldn't even get DVD playback eventually... and now it's basically a brick.

If I ever brought a replacement I'd buy a/get one modded. Mostly so I could play the US versions of Onimusha, DMC, and Twisted Metal Black.
            Last edited by Rombie; 02-28-2008, 01:25 AM.

Comment

you know i'll suggest you do one of those third party HDD mods for your FAT ps2,you'll never have to worry about the lense again and the loading times will most certainly be cut down from the game being read completely offa the HDD ...

Comment

Originally posted by A-J View Post
                you know i'll suggest you do one of those third party HDD mods for your FAT ps2,you'll never have to worry about the lense again and the loading times will most certainly be cut down from the game being read completely offa the HDD ...
                They are quite nice.

Comment

Yet another 360 imperfection.

Comment

That's some poor emulation there

Comment

Originally posted by randomwab View Post
                      Why does SH3 looks so good for a PS2 Game

Comment

because its art design is simply put awesome.

Last edited by A-J; 02-29-2008, 07:25 AM.

Comment

Yeah, the graphics are superior, even till today; all I have to ask though, why wasn't Silent Hill 3 ported to Xbox?

Comment

probably because of the lackluster sales of the xbox version of silent hill 2 .. or maybe the game just uses the ps2 tech way too much that it'd have to be heavily reworked to get it running on the xbox (eg MGS2 substance on the xbox has slowdowns, the ps2 version has none).
                            Last edited by A-J; 02-29-2008, 10:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BLSR1 View Post
                              Why does SH3 looks so good for a PS2 Game
                              What's that suppose to mean. Ps2 graphics aren't that bad just because you saw a better graphics from ps3 and 360.

Comment

He's saying that it's a PS2 game that could rival the PS360 in graphics.

And he's right.

Also, that's about a year and a half old, so why bother posting... >_> *is a hypocrite *

Comment

Working...
                                X