No announcement yet.

Biohazard 0 - Wii Edition?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hate Japan only games; it really shows they basically only care for their own region. Tenchu Shinobi Gaisen/Hayakusen are examples...
    I hope they're just lying though...but Sven...that sounds so familiar...

Comment

Originally posted by Weed View Post
      I can see how. Those backgrounds are originally created 3-dimensionally, so I don't think it's that hard to just re-take the shots needed.

~Weed
      Yeah, But I was speaking more to their bottom line. Rendering those scenes has to take time, especially since lots of them have motion in them. I'm not sure they'd take the time to do it right.

Comment

Originally posted by BLSR1 View Post
        I really really really wish they add-in more of Bravo team.

I wanna play as Enrico, Forest, Richard, and Kennith.
        Good point, i would love to play more of Richard, but also to learn more on Forest and his adventure (if any) he had before getting killed by crows (owned) lol

Comment

This is kinda exciting and not... I'm guessing most of these comments were made before the latest update (straight port for Japan only), so I can't join in the speculation of extras or improvements.
          I'm actually quite relieved. If there were extras, I'd feel compelled to get it and then I'd be PRAYING that I could use the GC controller and not just the Wiimote. I HATE the Wiimote! It will be interesting to see how they implement its use in a fixed camera, 3rd person game...

I liked RE-Zero. The 1st half of the game was annoying at times with all the item juggling, carrying stuff around, dropping it, going back and collecting stuff, swapping gear, setting your companion to attack or idle etc. but the 2nd half picked up the pace and I really enjoyed it. I even liked the Leech Hunter game, once I knew the simple 'trick' to completing it (go to every room, ignore the leeches, kill EVERYTHING, dump your weapons then go back and collect them all). Having the extra weapons and unlimited ammo makes the main game a lot more fun (and dressing up Rebecca in leather is cool )
          Blasting crazy monkeys with a shotgun just CANNOT get old and there are other great things like pumping a leechman with the magnum till he swells up and explodes!

The move to the Wii is about money making. The game didn't sell well on the Cube and now that all these Wiis are out there it's a chance to sell more copies. Although, this being the case, I'm surprised it's Japan only. I wont be surprised to see it later go global and if sales are good, you can be sure as shit that REmake will be next.
          People don't want to buy GC games anymore and by adding Wiimote controls and slapping a Wii label on the box, it will probably sell.

Comment

i think it's awesome!!! i can't wait to buy it and play it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

My Intrest is now dead

According to Destructoid

It will apparently use a point and click style of movemen ala Zack and Wiki

Comment

This is pretty interesting. I wonder why Capcom would decide to make this move? I've always wondered if Resident Evil could exist in two formats, one being Resident Evil 4 style gamplay and the other the classic style gameplay. I'm curious if this is Capcom's way of testing it out. I'm hoping that the sales meet Capcom's expectations because this could only mean more Resident Evil is on the horizon for the Wii. Maybe, just maybe if this sells well we may see a Resident Evil 2 and Resident Evil 3 remake that almost made it on the GameCube.

Comment

I heard this is coming out in the states, but it's going to be called the Wiikey.

Bad joke.
                  If you read this, you wasted five seconds of your life.

Comment

And now is only for Japan?, LOL Capcom.

It´s a shame that the Wii is not free region.

Comment

A good thing there is a wii freeloader planned.

Comment

Well, since RE0 GC wasn't well received by the fans on the series, maybe Capcom just want to make a redeem with a better RE0 that matches the quality of the other REs.

Comment

Originally posted by xfactor View Post
                          Well, since RE0 GC wasn't well received by the fans on the series, maybe Capcom just want to make a redeem with a better RE0 that matches the quality of the other REs.
                          It'll be hard to do that through a straight port with tacked on Wii controls. I personally thought that Zero was the best GC RE game (even with backtracking and recycling of puzzles). The timing is bad given the game's age, and I very much doubt the masses are going to care for what the western press (like the always idiotic Destructoid staff.. I'm being polite too) as a boring archaic game. The Japanese press will be kinder as always.

The reason why it's Japan only so far is quite simple: Zero was the GC's best selling RE there. It bombed everywhere else.

I wouldn't mind a HD remix personally as a download since the game is still gorgeous even at 480i.
                          Last edited by Umon Daisuke; 02-28-2008, 11:01 AM.

Comment

dam japan only
                            i guess the only good thing is that its just r.e 0 and not a r.e 2 or 3 remake the rest of the world is missing out on, but you never know good sales could end up making capcom selling this game overseas, i hope.

Comment

Originally posted by Baiohazãdo View Post
                              A good thing there is a wii freeloader planned.

Looks like it's just hit.
                              sigpic

Comment

Ordered

Comment

Working...
                                X