Resident Evil 5 at Play.com LIVE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil 5 at Play.com LIVE

Online retailer play.com is holding a Play.com LIVE event on March 15th and 16th at Wembley Stadium in London. Capcom will be showing up to the event and bringing along with it Resident Evil 5. Its doubtful that this will be anything new, since the event is somewhat obscure but if you will be in London, why not stop in and check? Tickets are available at their website at £6.00 for an adult and £3.00 for a child. Play is hoping to get 40,000 participants.

Via Playstation Legion
    Last edited by Dot50Cal; 03-06-2008, 06:54 AM.

*Gasps*
    Oh My JESUS?!
    >________<
    Why don't I live in London, oh God why!?
    I SO want to go and see...

Comment

If anyone can go, I'd love to put any pictures/writeup you can get/do on the news page.

Comment

im going, well i got tickets a few days ago from play, and will know if im def going tomoz when i ask my manager at work if i can have next saturday off. If i get the nod, i'll take some pictures and see what i can find out.

Comment

i hope capcom release some news about RE5!!!
          Last edited by RE-Hiro; 03-06-2008, 09:29 PM.

Comment

me too but im glad final fantasy stuff will be there. Fans of pro evo 8, theres goign to be a tourement and the winner gets 50K
            if only i was a pro evo guy instead of fifa lol

Comment

o_O Konami do that?
              Meh, never liked football/soccer games...

Comment

i hope they show stuff on mg4, cos the offical release date is 12th of june, so theres gotta be stuff on it.

Comment

I don't think theres stuff on MGS4 there but I know Soulcalibur 4 will be playable along with news from RE5, IF you're going or went today *Saturday* can you at least tell me if you can buy tickets at the door? I have to drive up to brighton today *family stuff to sort out* so I gave my tickets to someone else, if you can pay at the door i'll go tomorrow and have a look about.

Comment

SoulCalibur 4? T_T
                    This just gets better, and I'm going to Wales today for a week, curses... ;_;
                    Oh well, I'm still getting SC4 when it comes out.

Comment

How is it an obscure event exactly? I mean, it's at one of the world's most famous sporting venues, with a capacity of 80,000+, and is being hosted by one of the UK's leading mail order forms? It's about as mainstream as it gets!

Comment

From what I heard from my mate the event was pretty bollocks, well thats what he said on the text I got earlier today.
                        Heard rumours that the SC4 build there was incomplete, constantly crashed and only 5 characters were available but that was from a another forum I frequent.
                        No news on RE5 yet.

EDIT: Read that it was the extended Trailer released on XBL and PSN, wont' know for sure till proper news comes in but to be honest since none of the UK sites or IGN/Gamespot etc have posted any content on the event, don't count on anything new or special coming up.

I dunno who referred to the UK event as obscure, but to be honest they're right, everytime the UK holds a special event like this, nothing new or substantial gets shown *Unless its a developer specific show like Capcom Gamers day etc*, so developers just throw existing builds shown at previous gatherings on display like what they've done with SC4 if what was said about it being a 4-5player build is true.

DOUBLE EDIT: Pretty much confirmed it on the phone now, SC4 build was from last year where only Mitsurugi, Cassandra and Taki were playable, Mitsurugi was incomplete and the build crashed multiple times when people used him, and in the "Tournament" only Taki and Cassandra were playable, the build also crashed multiple times during the competition, the game also suffered severe frame lagging and slow down along with screen tearing on both builds.

And its pretty much confirmed the RE5 video was the Extended trailer already released until someone tells me different.

I'll pass on going to the event tomorrow, don't think even Gemma Atkinson's boobs on display would influence me enough to bother showing up.
                        Last edited by The Dude; 03-15-2008, 05:41 PM.

Comment

hey all
                          just got back from this event, and the dude gemma was worth going for, dam i waited 3 years to see her in person
                          Anyways, it was alright for £6 and you got alot of free stuff, but sadly i didn't find anything to do with r.e 5, it must of been on the Saturday.
                          I played SC4, and there were only 3 playable people to choose from. But i played with a stranger and lost
                          I picked up nearly every single goodie bag, but none had anything r.e 5 on it.
                          So yeah it was poor because there wasn't much new there but for £6 it was worth it and was fun to watch/play gamers at all the games you love playing.

Comment

I heard there was a RE5 trailer but it was the same as the XBL one shown on saturday.
                            Can't say I regret not going to be honest, i've seen Gemma Atkinson in person and SC4's competition was so bad from the video's i've seen on another board that it wasn't worth my while showing up :p *I only use Kilik, Siegfried and Xianghua, Sc4 only had Cassandra and Taki usable for competition*

Comment

i know i should talk more about the games and all but YOU'VE SEEN GEMMA BEFORE :O

Comment

Working...
                              X