*Updated* Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition Mercenaries Videos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *Updated* Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition Mercenaries Videos

I've been running through some of the Mercenaries mini-game in Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition, and I must say it takes quite a bit of practice to get competent at the game. I've thus far just scraped by passing the village with 4 characters. I know there used to be a really competitive community around the game, and I'm wondering if there still is. With that in mind, I've started releasing some videos on the Resident Evil 4 page which should give you a general idea of how to pass the 60,000 point mark that is required for a 5 star ranking. Some of the videos were done on my first play through with the character, so excuse any stupid moves I do. I'll be adding more as the day goes along, so be sure to check back if you are interested.

If any of you know of a community thats been set up around the game, I'd love to check it out so be sure to post any links in the thread here. If there is still a community around the game I'd like to get a leaderboard up here on THIA when the RE4 section goes up.

Resident Evil 4 Mercenaries Videos
    Current Videos:
    Leon - Village
    Ada - Village
    Krauser - Village
    Hunk - Village
    Leon - Castle
    Leon - Island Complex
    Krauser - Waterworld
    Wesker - Village
    Last edited by Dot50Cal; 03-24-2008, 09:45 AM.

Great Job Dot

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
      Resident Evil 4 Mercenaries Videos
      Current Videos:
      Leon - Village
      Ada - Village
      Krauser - Village
      Great!!! especially Ada & Krauser!!!

Comment

I've got 4 new videos up. They are:
        Hunk - Village
        Leon - Castle
        Leon - Island Complex
        Krauser - Waterworld

I'm particularly proud of the Hunk one, because I scored 119,880 I unlocked Wesker, so I'll add his Village one in the proper order when hes done, then I'll do all the Castle ones and so on.

Comment

Good work. This site has some scores up, as well as some amazing videos.

Any change of a Biohazard 3 mercenaries scoreboard? When that section eventually goes up?
          sigpic

Comment

Absolutely

Yikes, those scores are insane! Maybe we should just start our own here? I'd probably have to setup some kind of rules, like video submissions only. Afterall, who in this day and age doesn't have a video camera. With there being tons of ways to modify your game, via gamershark or good old fashioned hex editing, I think I'd have to make it be videos only, just to verify the scores.

Just finished the castle scenario with everyone, Krauser is so much fun . I'll be encoding them now, but its going to take a while. They'll probably be up sometime in the afternoon from now. For some reason I had a ton of trouble with Wesker on the Village, and Ada on the Castle. Guess I should have realized that 1 sniper shot to the back of the Garrador instantly kills him, eh?
            Last edited by Dot50Cal; 03-24-2008, 01:26 AM.

Comment

I suck at The Mercinaries soo so much... >_>
              I only get like...9000? 900?

I forgot how the game scores.
              But I would try I guess, though I only have a webcam hehe.
              Oh well, seems awesome! Well done.
              Can't wait for the RE pages.

Comment

"Dot" you are a very good gamer! Amazing videos!

Comment

Haha thanks ;)

Wesker - Village has been added. I just have to beat Waterworld with Ada, Hunk, and Wesker and I have the hand cannon

Comment

Waterworld is the hardest one!!! that Ganado with the double chainsaw is insane!!!!
                    Last edited by RE-Hiro; 03-24-2008, 10:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RE-Hiro View Post
                      Waterworld is the hardest one!!! that Ganado with the double chainsaw is insane!!!!
                      It actually doesn't take a lot to stun him, even when he's charging. You can even do it with the Blacktail or Punisher.

Obviously he's easiest to take care of as Krauser, but then, what isn't?

Comment

Yep, it's SO satisfying to smash Garradors and Gandos to bits, with one hit from Krauser! (pay back time! )

Great idea about the leader boards. It would be nice to have them for ALL the games and mini games within the games.
                        I love the Mercenaries in RE4! I thought I'd be able to impress you all with my high scores but then I looked at the link that S-Gene posted...
                        Now I'm not feeling so smug (I think I liked it better when I was blissfully ignorant... a legend in my own mind )

Not sure if I could be bothered setting up a video camera to record a game though. I thought I could just take a photo of my high score screen... but you're probably right Dot. I'm a very honest person and really don't see the point of lying about my high scores but some others would probably cheat and or lie, to make themselves feel better or impress the gang here... and that would defeat the purpose of it all.
                        I'm happy just to beat my previous best scores but I'm very interested to see what others can do.

Comment

If we ever do have leader boards, will AR be allowed just to get alternate weapons? Most of my insane scores were done with the Chicago Typewriter.

Comment

No Any modifications wouldn't be allowed.

Ill have about 9 new videos up sometime in the early morning hours tomorrow. Once this is done, Its back to the main game to level up the special weapons

Comment

Dot can you lower a little bit the size of your (future) captures?
                              I think they take way too much space for (short) 360p videos..
                              Last edited by doomed; 03-24-2008, 06:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X