No announcement yet.

*Updated* Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition Mercenaries Videos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there going to be a leaderboard for the Mercs?

Comment

Yes, when the RE4 section is up. I'm still deciding if we will allow pictures of the final score or not, its obvious anyone with an AR can cheat and get other weapons.
      Last edited by Dot50Cal; 03-31-2008, 05:26 AM.

Comment

yeah but putting entire videos up isnt everyone's piece of cake either .. i dont think pictures is gonna be much of a hassle, leader boards are only gonna be there for fun.

* new avatar debut
        Last edited by A-J; 03-31-2008, 05:49 AM.

Comment

Good point, so maybe we will allow pictures. But I suppose if someone is suspect we can always ask them to play a game while recording for future videos or at least try to come close to their record score I'll probably setup the top 10 by all platforms, and then have platform specific champions as well, because I've been hearing that Krauser is difficult to play as, but as you can see on the Wii Edition he's probably the easiest for me.
          Last edited by Dot50Cal; 03-31-2008, 05:58 AM.

Comment

The only problem with that is that some people may already have hit there highest possible score. My best is 150,000ish and I doubt i'll be able to hit that again, not unless I start playing The Mercs like a fiend again.

Comment

I'll probably setup the top 10 by all platforms, and then have platform specific champions as well, because I've been hearing that Krauser is difficult to play as, but as you can see on the Wii Edition he's probably the easiest for me.
              is it true that the ps2 version shows less enemies on screen or is that a myth ? because if thats true then the ps2 owners would have an obvious disadvantage.

Comment

I know in the village there is a max of 11 enemies that come in on the PS2 version, not sure about the others, I'll have to take a look but I dont recall ever seeing more than 11 at a time on the other ones either, so probably not.

Comment

Maybe if you have the leaderboard set up like this:

Name Time Score Stars Console

Comment

I'll probably separate it in numerous ways. The main one will just be score alone, then I'll have individual boards for consoles, characters, stages etc.
                    Last edited by Dot50Cal; 03-31-2008, 01:36 PM.

Comment

Great Videos Dot!!! and i didn't kew about that "olny 11 enemies" thing.

Hey i found a secret message on your post:

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
                      I'll probably Separate it in numerous Ways.
                      Last edited by RE-Hiro; 03-31-2008, 01:53 PM.

Comment

Dot make them platform specific, as most enemies are killed harder in the PC/PS2 version

In the Wii version (and probably GameCube as well?) most headshots are lethal.. This does not happen in the PC/PS2 version (check my Krauser video)

Comment

Hahaah. Also, I was mistaken. It seems like depending on the level the max number varies. On PS2, for the Village and the Island the max is 8, and Waterworld and the Castle I'm not sure what the max is. Its definitely higher than 9 though, maybe they are 11, not sure yet. This is all speaking for the PS2 version, though.

Edit:
                          Just checked out the gamecube version. Similar results there, except there are 10 max on the levels where there are 8 on the PS2 version, so yeah they are different.

Originally posted by doomed View Post
                          Dot make them platform specific, as most enemies are killed harder in the PC/PS2 version

In the Wii version (and probably GameCube as well?) most headshots are lethal.. This does not happen in the PC/PS2 version (check my Krauser video)
                          Wow, yeah. If you check my Krauser vids from the Wii, nearly every headshot is an explosion. Also behavior patterns are different. If you start the Castle in the Gamecube version, the Zealots rush down to you. In the Wii one, they don't at all.

Edit: Just watched my Krauser castle video, every single headshot blew up their heads. So yep, we definitely shouldn't compare them cross platform, or if we do put up a disclaimer for the combined rank.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Dot50Cal; 03-31-2008, 02:39 PM.

Comment

PC & PS2 versions are identical so at least we can compare them

Comment

Not in framerate and lol @ second Bella Sister. She came so close to nailing you

Comment

Aren't both of them capped at 30fps?

Comment

Working...
                                X