Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 4 Classic Edition - XBOX360 / PS3!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil 4 Classic Edition - XBOX360 / PS3!

I was sent this goody by a friend who works at Capcom's San Fransisco building. He spied an artist working on what appeared to be boxart for an upcoming port of Resident Evil 4 for the XBOX 360 and PS3 entitled "Resident Evil 4 Classic Edition". Details are sketchy, but from what my contact could gather, the game will feature Hunk more than before. When pressed further, they said Hunk would be getting his own story-campaign, similar to Ada's Separate Ways scenario in the PS2/PC/Wii versions. I'm attempting to get direct captures of the boxart, and not a quick cellphone grab but this will have to do for now. We'll have more to report on this in the coming days!

Hm.. I hope that's not a "April Fools' Day" joke, Dot.

(Yeah, I know it's still March..)

Comment

So this is what you've been secretive about? Seems interesting.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by doomed View Post
        Hm.. I hope that's not a "April Fools' Day" joke, Dot.

(Yeah, I know it's still March..)
        Nope, but that reminds me, now I need to get something going for it Guess a Cease and Desist order is out for this year

Comment

WOW!!!
          Incredible exclusive Dot!
          I was thinking the other day about how I'm surprised RE4 never got ported to an xbox console. But that's not what I'm excited about...
          RE4 on PS3 with dual shock 3 (you can keep ya Wiimote ), with even more content and one would assume, the best quality possible. Surely this will be the definitive and final edition.
          Can't wait to do it all again

I'm stunned by this news...

Comment

Very interesting Dot, props for the discovery.

Comment

OMG!
              Could be a RE4 with more features and a graphic restiling!
              I want it, 360 edition
              "Dot" you are the best! I am very glad!

"April Fools' Day" joke? mmmh I hope it isn't

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
                Nope, but that reminds me, now I need to get something going for it Guess a Cease and Desist order is out for this year
                Haha, ok I believe you.

Another person (Voodooman) from the Resident Evil 4 Pc forums who works for a russian publisher/distributor for Capcom has said that he heard the game will come to the Xbox 360.

He also said that after this release, Capcom plans to support the PC version and release a second patch. I hope both of these rumours are true.

Comment

Given Resident Evil 4's popularity it does not surprise me one bit but why call it "Classic Version"? I already own the game on the GameCube and Wii and soon for PC. Right now I just have no want for a PS3 or Xbox 360. I plan on sticking with the Wii.

Hope you can keep us updated Dot. Must be nice to know someone on the inside, you lucky dog.

Comment

I tried to ask about that but he didn't know. I'll have him keep snooping though. I'm curious about the subtitle as well.

Comment

Well, can't see this ending with a "big reveal" on April 1st.

Last edited by Stu; 03-25-2008, 06:55 PM.

Comment

Not this year sir..

Too bad too because I would buy it.

Comment

Guess I shouldn't have assumed the city then without checking where its located. You can think its this years april fools all you like, but I have a feeling you will be proven wrong in a few days. I do like how he doesn't deny it though. Just a reply about how Capcom Japan creates RE stuff (of course, however I don't think the boxart for the US market is done in Japan as well).
                          Last edited by Dot50Cal; 03-25-2008, 07:01 PM.

Comment

Noooooo Big Stu!
                            Spoiler:

Comment

Another thing I don't understand is the need for certain people to point out April fools jokes. I never really got that mentality. If thats how some members of the community are going to react then I may not do one this year. People know I usually don't do April fools jokes without some payoff in the end, so why not ride with it and see where it takes us?
                              Last edited by Dot50Cal; 03-25-2008, 07:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X