Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Resident Evil 4 Classic Edition - XBOX360 / PS3!

Hmmm, I don't like where this is heading...
    I WANT it to be true and I do believe Capcom would do it. But are Capcom just being secretive and it's really legit? or Has Dot been fooled? or is Dot fooling us?

Oh btw, anyone remember MY silly joke from last year? (okay, it wasn't very convincing... )
    Attached Images Attached Images  

THIA Staff

Big Stu,

I see that you brought up an old subject over on the Capcom BBS, as some sort of "Let's discredit THIA"-attempt. So I can just as well comment on that thing right here while we've got the chance

Quote Originally Posted by Big Stu, over on the Capcom BBS
    Then again, this is the same the-horror.com that once had exclusive news about RE0 coming to PS2.
    Even though I know I've done this both on Bioflames at some point + I believe I did the same when a topic about it was bumped at some point, I guess I can shed some light on this one again here in an entirely nice piece of non-fan fictiveness;

"Someone", without mentioning any names, works for a company that provides services to quite a lot of other companies (most of those being game companies) has access to fiscal year plans from quite a lot of companies.

One company had for several revisions in their project plans a TBA listing for a PS2 title by the title of "Resident Evil Zero & Remake - Double Deluxe". After the success of Resident Evil 4 for PS2, one can certainly assume that a certain company would be trying to look into other alternatives to surf on the fame of Resident Evil 4's PS2 sales. Now, you always hear about titles that gets announced, or projects that were worked on but never really became anything or strayed off into something else (Biohazard Dash, Dino Crisis GBC, Resident Evil 4 - Devil May Cry, Outbreak File 3, Biohazard 1 for Dreamcast and so on).

This is such a title.
    Why did this happened? Limitations of the PS2 hardware, maybe? Lack of resources, maybe? Outdated platform choice, maybe? Development changing direction? Didn't we just all of a sudden get a Resident Evil 4 - Wii Edition with Capcom noting that it was a test to see how well something "old" would fair on a new platform? Didn't we just get Resident Evil Chronicles, which quinky-dinkely enough happens to be a retelling of the original series? And didn't Capcom just recently announce a Wii port of Biohazard 0?

I'm sorry, Big Stu, but not to sound like ass; but when it comes to this subject, you really should know what you talk (or in this case write) about before you hit the submit button.
    Last edited by Carnivol; 03-25-2008 at 08:49 PM.

An Old-Fashioned Cowboy Archelon's Avatar
    Last edited by Archelon; 03-25-2008 at 08:47 PM.

THIA Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Skunky View Post
    Oh btw, anyone remember MY silly joke from last year? (okay, it wasn't very convincing... )
    Did you know that Capcom handles the releases/publishing of the Grand Theft Auto series in Japan ;D ?
    (Along with several other western "action" franchises, such as God of War)
    Last edited by Carnivol; 03-25-2008 at 08:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dot50Cal View Post
    Guess I shouldn't have assumed the city then without checking where its located. You can think its this years april fools all you like, but I have a feeling you will be proven wrong in a few days. I do like how he doesn't deny it though. Just a reply about how Capcom Japan creates RE stuff (of course, however I don't think the boxart for the US market is done in Japan as well).

I'll gladly eat crow if it turns out true. But for now I think it's either an April Fools joke or a false rumor.

War Horse Uranium

Quote Originally Posted by Archelon View Post
    Hotlinking Wont work, even if you visit the URL and type it into the address bar. If its the shot I think it is, its just the PC version with some awful photoshop filters applied to it. It was debunked a long time ago.

Edit: Yeah, thats the one I'm thinking about. How that fooled anyone makes me cry myself to sleep
    Last edited by Dot50Cal; 03-25-2008 at 08:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dot50Cal View Post
    Hotlinking Wont work, even if you visit the URL and type it into the address bar. If its the shot I think it is, its just the PC version with some awful photoshop filters applied to it. It was debunked a long time ago.
    Yes, it is that very same image.

I was well aware that it was a joke, which is precisely what I was trying to make.

...and failed, apparently.

War Horse Uranium

Oh damn, I pulled a "Big_Stu"

cool news, wish I had a 360, would be nice to see a high res, high graphic re4 on 360 or ps3. I did see the april fools joke about getting sued, that was pretty crazy. I almost fell for it untill i read further down lol! But yea, a 360 and PS3 port does make sense, and will help the anticipation of RE5. I am just very optomistic that this is true!
    Last edited by Stars_g36; 03-25-2008 at 09:09 PM.

i really don't believe it's truth...
    and if it's not truth, it's a mean joke!!

In mexico April 1st is just another day, we don't celebrate Aprils fool, so i'm not used to that kind of jokes!! (Hiro runs, locks in his room and start crying like a baby!!!!)
    Last edited by RE-Hiro; 03-25-2008 at 10:09 PM.

You know, the sad thing is, I would buy it.

And have no regrets.

#20 Hunter Beta

I hope this has DMC4 graphics with tons more extras and I love the idea of RE4 in 1080i/p!! I'm so excited. I think they are doing this is to tide people over until RE5 comes out.

perfection, will buy.

Elite Virus Scrubber

i dont get it, legit or not ?

Classic Edition = RE classic camera?

I have to much imagination?

Boulder Incident Witness

Quote Originally Posted by Lost
    MS and Sony would NEVER approve a retail last gen title on their next gen machines. That has always been true any gen, and it still holds true.
    Haven't he seen Bully or Tomb Raider: Anniversary on X360 ;).

I don't know if this news is real or just an april fool, but I know that Capcom would be capable of publishing n-th version of RE4 for another console; even if that would be the version from past-gen with higher resolution and better lighting. Afterall, they published RE2 and RE3 from PSX on GameCube, without changing anything in them...

Open Minded Veteran

I refuse to believe that is a joke...

Quote Originally Posted by Carnivol View Post
    I'm sorry, Big Stu, but not to sound like ass; but when it comes to this subject, you really should know what you talk (or in this case write) about before you hit the submit button.
    The story behind it is irrelevant.

Did this site cover RE0 on PS2? Yes.
    Dit it ever materialise? No.

Is anything i'm saying here wrong? No.

Ok, cards on the table. If it's true, great, RE4 is my favourite game of all time, and i'd buy it in a second. If it's false, big deal, saw it coming, etc etc

Regardless, that photo is the biggest pile of bullshit ever and is just not gonna happen.
    Last edited by Stu; 03-26-2008 at 06:51 AM.

#22 Humanoid Leech LeonsBuddyDave's Avatar

This had better not happen. I think I said something like this before, but I'm too lazy to find it and quote myself, so I'm just gonna try to remember exactly what I said:
    Resident Evil 4 is like a dehydrated horse that Capcom has ridden through the desert until it died, then they beat it into the ground with a spiked mace and an aluminum baseball bat before shooting it repeatedly.
    I honestly hope this doesn't come to fruition. Maybe it's time Capcom does some work on, I don't know, the next game in the series? The one that we all sit on our hands waiting for?

Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information