Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 4 Classic Edition - XBOX360 / PS3!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know, the sad thing is, I would buy it.

And have no regrets.

Comment

I hope this has DMC4 graphics with tons more extras and I love the idea of RE4 in 1080i/p!! I'm so excited. I think they are doing this is to tide people over until RE5 comes out.

Comment

perfection, will buy.

Comment

i dont get it, legit or not ?

Comment

Classic Edition = RE classic camera?

I have to much imagination?

Comment

Originally posted by Lost
              MS and Sony would NEVER approve a retail last gen title on their next gen machines. That has always been true any gen, and it still holds true.
              Haven't he seen Bully or Tomb Raider: Anniversary on X360 ;).

I don't know if this news is real or just an april fool, but I know that Capcom would be capable of publishing n-th version of RE4 for another console; even if that would be the version from past-gen with higher resolution and better lighting. Afterall, they published RE2 and RE3 from PSX on GameCube, without changing anything in them...

Comment

I refuse to believe that is a joke...

Comment

Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
                  I'm sorry, Big Stu, but not to sound like ass; but when it comes to this subject, you really should know what you talk (or in this case write) about before you hit the submit button.
                  The story behind it is irrelevant.

Did this site cover RE0 on PS2? Yes.
                  Dit it ever materialise? No.

Is anything i'm saying here wrong? No.

Ok, cards on the table. If it's true, great, RE4 is my favourite game of all time, and i'd buy it in a second. If it's false, big deal, saw it coming, etc etc

Regardless, that photo is the biggest pile of bullshit ever and is just not gonna happen.
                  Last edited by Stu; 03-26-2008, 05:51 AM.

Comment

This had better not happen. I think I said something like this before, but I'm too lazy to find it and quote myself, so I'm just gonna try to remember exactly what I said:
                    Resident Evil 4 is like a dehydrated horse that Capcom has ridden through the desert until it died, then they beat it into the ground with a spiked mace and an aluminum baseball bat before shooting it repeatedly.
                    I honestly hope this doesn't come to fruition. Maybe it's time Capcom does some work on, I don't know, the next game in the series? The one that we all sit on our hands waiting for?

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Sorry to rain on the parade, but with some people setting themselves up to be dissapointed, I thought i'd list why this was nothing more than a good ol' April Fool's in the making...

Firstly, that cover just isn't buyable. You can see most of the PS3 cover, and there's no publisher logo present. The art itself is just a mash of the renders released for RE4 and UC, whereas previous versions have had their boxart formed from all new artwork. The subtitle classic edition would also confuse a lot of customers new to the game, and so I doubt that'd be used.

I'd imagine some footage was due to be released that would've been made up from the PC version of the game. Most people know you can change the quicktime icons to look like PS3 and 360 icons.
                        So, change the icons, add the hi-res textures and lighting patch, set the character to HUNK and bam...suppossed 360 footage of HUNK's exclusive mission.

Oh, and my third reason to call BS on this...there's a little game called Resident Evil 5 that's heavily rumoured for release this year...can't see that they'd bother porting 4 again unless 5 had been put back for another year or so (the only reason 2 had a release on the Dreamcast was due to Code Veronica being put back).

Anywho, that would've been a sweet April Fool's Dot, shame so many people got scepticle right off the bat. Oh, and if you have already created the footage i'm guessing you were aiming to, then i'd love to see it all the same.

Now, give me my prize for best net detective... :p
                        ________
                        Ribel
                        Last edited by DARKHALO2K; 05-13-2011, 12:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DARKHALO2K View Post
                          You can see most of the PS3 cover, and there's no publisher logo present.
                          Well, considering you cant see where the publisher logo is present I'd say its a bit premature to say that. Look at Capcom PS3 boxarts for reference.

The art itself is just a mash of the renders released for RE4 and UC, whereas previous versions have had their boxart formed from all new artwork.
                          The Wii Edition is using existing art assets from the Gamecube version.

(the only reason 2 had a release on the Dreamcast was due to Code Veronica being put back).
                          How do you explain RE3 on Dreamcast then?

Now, give me my prize for best net detective... :p
                          Sorry, Big_Stu already has that market cornered. Plus, you aren't making valid points so if anything, I'd take away your license..if it is legitimate in the first place

Comment

Originally posted by Big Stu View Post
                            The story behind it is irrelevant.

Did this site cover RE0 on PS2? Yes.
                            Dit it ever materialise? No.

Is anything i'm saying here wrong? No.
                            The story behind it is the most relevant of all.

However, I don't remember if there ever was any "coverage".

Since I'm too lazy to search, I shall just go by memory and point out that as far as I can remember; the only "coverage" we had was a photoshoped set of artwork of Jill and Billy, holding a shadow of something resembling DualShock/SIXAXIS controllers. The ways of interpreting such a thing are many.

As for "materializing", no, it never did.
                            Which was why we were vague about it when we first had a post "hinting" about it. It was a TBA on a list "somewhere" provided by "someone".
                            This is not by a game store, not by a magazine, this is from something that never even should've gone out in the first place, which was why we respected the privacy of it by being vague about it.
                            (And also avoided mentioning other things that may or may not have been present on said list)

If something is TBA on such a "list", it's usually either in early planning/conceptual stages or likely not to be ready by the end of said fiscal year.
                            Also, I hope you are aware of how "critical" a "mistake/typo" on such a list could be. ;D
                            So the most sensible/logical thing is that it probably got dropped/evolved into the Wii Resident Evil titles you see coming out these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
                              The story behind it is the most relevant of all.
                              No. It's really not.

I've seen the story, it's irrelevant.

My ONLY point in that post is that it wouldn't be the first time THIA has talked up a game and it hasn't appeared. That's all i'm saying.

Try and convince yourself the story is of relevance, but it's not. I'm done with you now see.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Stu View Post
                                My ONLY point in that post is that it wouldn't be the first time THIA has talked up a game and it hasn't appeared. That's all i'm saying.
                                Oh, really?

I dunno about any other titles that "hasn't appeared", you'll have to point to those for us and we'll see if we can get our cards straightened out there too.

But really, shouldn't you try to be a bit thankful in stead?
                                Or are you now pissed at us for previously having hinted towards a title that unfortunately didn't see the light of day as it never "took off" and the resources were in the end put into something else?

Comment

Working...
                                X