RE4 Classic Edition update! Boxarts!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RE4 Classic Edition update! Boxarts!!

With all the controversy that happened yesterday I figured we wouldn't be hearing much else until it was a less stressful time but after checking my email today I was proven wrong. The boxarts arrived today, weighing in at a huge size. I've resized them and have them here for display. Along with the boxarts was a nice message which agreed to getting an exclusive video of the game for THIA. That should be happening in the next few days, but I'm not sure when as my "man on the inside" needs to be sneaky about taking a debug copy home. Its a sad side effect of yesterdays disruption. It seems hes not the only one in the company who doesn't like the idea of a more "community connected" Capcom.

More info has been learned about the Hunk mini-game, and a possible reason for the title, but I'll keep those under wraps as I've been asked. Apparently we will be hearing about this game officially a lot sooner than I thought. Perhaps those RE5 in late 2008 rumors are true?

It's nice... But I'm not buying it. I don't think Capcom would port this game anymore than it has already

Comment

We're talking Capcom here, the company that will release RE Zero on Wii, a console that can easily run GameCube games, just so you can wave your Wiilot in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Zombie View Post
        We're talking Capcom here, the company that will release RE Zero on Wii, a console that can easily run GameCube games, just so you can wave your Wiilot in it.
        Yeah, fair enough
        But come on Capcom, RE4 has been released... 1..2...3 times already! Just hurry up with RE5.

Comment

360 version have XBox Live symbol... It may have some Live features...

Comment

Oh wow, I didn't even notice that. I doubt they'd do DLC, so probably leaderboards??

Comment

Originally posted by Sonicboy 101 View Post
              Yeah, fair enough
              RE4 has been released... 1..2...3 times already!
              4 times, you probably forgot about PC version.
              And if you count mobile version, that makes it fifth time ;).

Comment

Ha ha, Dot has already made a RE 4 Hunk minigame a loooong time ago: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyZ9IRri5l4

I got sloppy near the end. It started out as an idea at 12AM, and was finished by 2AM. The biggest hurdle was getting the timer to display. In the end it took 3000 bitmap files XD.

Last edited by doomed; 03-26-2008, 08:48 AM.

Comment

Good point, but thats not entirely the truth. I suppose I can say now that the Hunk mini-game in that video is actually on a debug copy I was given. Its clearly not finished, as you can see by Hunk's name not even appearing on the bar. I was asked not to share it unless I made it seem as if it was fake, but the contact who sold it to me has since vanished so I see no point in holding back info about it now. Obviously the title screen was a mock up made by me, though as it has no title screen or any normal way to access it.

The reason I took this classic edition so seriously is simply because of the Hunk Mini-Game he mentioned. From what hes told me its extremely similar in premise to what was left on this other version. I can't wait to do a feature on it now though, if just to see how much its changed.
                  Last edited by Dot50Cal; 03-26-2008, 09:01 AM.

Comment

nice fake!

GamesRadar+ takes you closer to the games, movies and TV you love.

Comment

http://extremetracking.com/open?login=iceddz2

Comment

I hate THIA for getting my hopes up as I was very excited to learn that this was coming out. Then I looked at the date.

Spoiler:

Comment

I can´t belive Capcom make a comment on this, the fake is too obvious.

Comment

>,< OhDamnit.

Comment

I knew it!!!! it's fake!!!

They even quote Dot's post!!!

Blurry photographs of "Resident Evil 4 Classic Edition" appeared on the internet yesterday, supposedly having been leaked from "Capcom's San Francisco building".

"I was sent this goody by a friend who works at Capcom's San Fransisco building. He spied an artist working on what appeared to be boxart for an upcoming port of Resident Evil 4 for the XBOX 360 and PS3 entitled "Resident Evil 4 Classic Edition," read the fakester's internet post.

Comment

Working...
                              X