• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Inferno04 View Post
    Really? XD Maybe I'm just kinda dumb then. ._. D=
    Well I didn't get it either but the truth is that the trailer suggests
    Spoiler:
    sigpic

Comment

• ^That's exactly what I said from the trailer. Have yet to see it though, so we'll see.

Comment

• Recently saw Michelangelo Antonioni's film, 'Blow-Up'.

I give it a wtf/10.

Comment

• Originally posted by Canas Renvall View Post
          ^That's exactly what I said from the trailer. Have yet to see it though, so we'll see.
          The ones shown in theatres gave no hints, but the more recent ones do, as I've seen from TV last night.

I saw The Crazies today. Um, I had Resident Evil: Outbreak flashbacks. Let's leave it at that. XD

Comment

• 500 Days Of Summer

Even if you don't like romantic comedies this is a fantastic movie.
            sigpic

Comment

I saw The Crazies today. Um, I had Resident Evil: Outbreak flashbacks. Let's leave it at that. XD
              My friend went to go see that and in like an hour or so his facebook status was

"I saw The Crazies, the only thing crazy about it was how I was crazy enough to sit through it"

So I'm gonna guess its a shitty movie.

Comment

More like Left 4 Dead than RE, at least from what I heard.
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Ashford View Post
                  Recently saw Michelangelo Antonioni's film, 'Blow-Up'.

I give it a wtf/10.
                  Do yourself a favor and don't see his later film Zabriskie Point. Kinda meanders off into more symbolic presentation, and not effectively IMO (not unlike Blow Up I guess). Didn't Blow Up end with a bunch of nude people at that park David Hemming saw the murder?
                  Originally posted by nemesiswontdie View Post
                  My friend went to go see that and in like an hour or so his facebook status was

"I saw The Crazies, the only thing crazy about it was how I was crazy enough to sit through it"

So I'm gonna guess its a shitty movie.
                  I would suggest you see George Romero's The Crazies; I can't even understand why they remade it, as it has absolutely no status even compared to Night or Dawn of the Dead, let alone by itself. Nonethless the characters are well developed and there's a really nice sense of paranoia when you're dealing with a potentially contagious disease that...makes you go nuts and violent. A little more subtle than the disease in the 28...Later series but still great.

Comment

• Wait a second. The Crazies is a remake of a George Romero movie? Holy shit I had no idea.
                    Last edited by aris13; 03-13-2010, 01:02 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by aris13 View Post
                      Wait a second. The Crazies is a remake of a George Romero movie? Holy shit I had no idea.
                      My point exactly.

So I just saw the 1954 film Twenty Four Eyes, directed by Kinoshita Keisuke. I feel quite lucky to have classes well equipped for films, because if I had been seeing this on a small screen, I don't think I would stay awake. It's about a teacher and her 12 students from a pre-WWII to a MacArthur Occupation perspective. At 2 and a half hours a lot of time is distributed well to give most of the characters a fair stage. While it's great to see all of 'em grow and change, the film, like a lot of old flicks from Japan takes its time with shots and scenes. Maybe I wasn't prepared for it.

Comment

• Yeah i had no idea it was a remake either.

Comment

500 Days Of Summer

Even if you don't like romantic comedies this is a fantastic movie.
                          Bang on the money, amazing film.

Watched Sin City last night. So good. I almost hate myself for having waited so long to watch it!

Comment

• And now you're going to hate the filmakers for postponing the shooting of Sin City 2. Apparently Rodriquez and Miller are too busy, Rodriquez is making Spy Kids flicks and Miller is trying to regroup after the failure of the Spirit.
                            sigpic

Comment

More like Left 4 Dead than RE, at least from what I heard.
                              Eh, it's ANY general premise of a citywide infection, and the protagonists must get away before the EVILZ of the government nuke the city. ><

Comment

• went to see shutter island on monday,it was good if a tad predictable another positive performance from dicaprio I'm starting to take a shine to that guy.

Finally watched apocalypse now for the first time and loved it,surprisingly I preferred sheen and his crews performances to brandos(brando was one of the main reasons i wanted to watch it)also robert duvall was brilliant.

Comment

Working...
                                X