No announcement yet.

Recently Seen Films

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ^^^ Just found out that the guy above is not Russell Crowe.

Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
    sigpic

Comment

• Really? How did you find out? Why would they use a stunt double?
      Freedom of Information.

Comment

• Perhars that scene was filmed in reshoots and Russell Crowe wasn't available.
        sigpic

Comment

• Same sort of thing happened with Blade Runner, the scene where Deckard's examining the bathtub in Leon's apartment. They hired a stunt actor who resembles Ford, then filmed that sequence in England.
          See you in hell.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Spencer View Post
            Same sort of thing happened with Blade Runner, the scene where Deckard's examining the bathtub in Leon's apartment. They hired a stunt actor who resembles Ford, then filmed that sequence in England.
            That's where I found out that it wasn't Russell.

I was listening to the Ridley Scott commentary track from the Blade Runner DVD the other day. And at one point, Ridley starts talking about Gladiator. And he mentions that scene on the wheat field. Where they were running some test shots with a stand-in. He was impressed when the stand-in started to brush the crop with his hand. Because without knowing it, the stand-in was emphasising the fact that Maximus was a farmer that was deeply in love with his land. So Ridley made that test shot part of the film.
            Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
            sigpic

Comment

• Wow, I never knew that cheers Pikminister

My god! Finally got around to watching Resident Evil Afterlife and fuck me was it shit! and thats coming from some one who actually enjoyed the last film. I swear that half of this damned film was in slow motion, the acting from Wesker was really poor and the effects were some of the worst ive seen in a long time.
              I'd give this film about a 3/10, honestly it was that poor.
              Last edited by I_Am_Nemesis; 02-12-2011, 08:04 PM.

Comment

• 127 Hours 10/10

Stunning direction by Danny Boyle and a terrific performance from James Franco.
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by aris13 View Post
                  127 Hours 10/10

Stunning direction by Danny Boyle and a terrific performance from James Franco.
                  I saw it when it was in very selected theaters and it was amazing. I didn't think I'd like it but I was very wrong. I cant wait to get it on blu-ray.

Comment

• Spoiler:
                    Last edited by Trent; 02-14-2011, 04:47 PM.
                    Freedom of Information.

Comment

• Air Force One and Basic Instinct.
                      See you in hell.

Comment

• I have been watch a bunch of movies for the past weeks.

First of all, I watched a marathon of Harry Potter films with my brother, who is a member of the forums, after he finished the final book of the series, he suggested that we should the whole series before we get to watch the second part of the final film, which will be coming somewhere around June of this year, of course. Personally, I enjoy watching the first book till the fourth, because it is very charming and I feel more enlightening when watching the four films. But then I felt that the film become more darker and less charming and cheering when the series hit the fifth film. But that is just me.

Other than that, I watched 127 hours. It is a nice film, I got to say. But my mom finds it unbearable, since, she is not use to this kind of film, where the protagonist is trapped somewhere and has no choice but to do something really bad or nasty in order to be free.

Plus, I watched Watchmen in dvd. It is a great film.
                        sigpic
                        "So many assholes, so few bullets." - Duke Nukem

Comment

• Originally posted by thesilentheart View Post
                          But my mom finds it unbearable, since, she is not use to this kind of film, where the protagonist is trapped somewhere and has no choice but to do something really bad or nasty in order to be free.
                          Sounds like she'll love the Saw films.
                          See you in hell.

Comment

• Green Hornet. It's an okay movie.

Comment

• Everybody's Fine.

Good movie about family, realistically filmed and a brilliant performance by Mr. De Niro. Kind of depressing too.

Talking of depressive films, has anyone seen What Dreams May Come from 1998? The reason I ask is that someone mentioned it at the IMDB forums, and nostalgia hit me.
                              Freedom of Information.

Comment

• True Grit 10/10

Another well crafted film by the Coen brothers with overall great performaces, sharp dialogue and beatiful cinematography by Roger Deakins.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X