No announcement yet.

Recently Seen Films

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yea 28 Days Later was amazing and easily at the top of my list in term of great horror films. But I thought 28 Weeks Later was terrible. Stupid characters, annoying kids, and it was just a meh flick.

Comment

I thought 28 Weeks Later stank also, felt way too americanised and 'mainstream' for my liking.
      I loved the all indie film aspects of 28 Days Later.

Comment

My issue with 28 Weeks is you never get a main character. Everytime you think someone might be remotely important they die, horribly. It was unnesecery to run through characters like that. The storyline wasn't exciting either...'America has saved the world again! But soon we'll screw it up somehow.'

Comment

I saw Frisky Dingo season 1, Sweeny Todd, and The Mist all this weekend.

Frisky Dingo:
          An obscure adult swim show from the creators of Sealab. The main difference between them is that this show has a story that continues from episode to episode. The show is great, Its random and hilarious. Unfortunately the show isn't that well known so this is a good chance to see the first season before it sinks into obscurity. After you see it catch the second season still airing on Adult Swim.
          As for the plot. It revolves around 2 people. The main character, Killface, is a supervillain who wishes to destroy the world with his billion dollar doomsday device. The other character, Xander Cruise, is a billionaire playboy who masquerades as the superhero Awesome X who has killed all of his arch-enemies and is being forced into an unwanted retirement to run his murdered parents' company. while at the same time treating his insane girlfriend like crap and being a douchebag. The whole plot spins out of control from there to the point where everything has flipped and you don't even notice.

I give it a 9/10. Fans of mature cartoons will like it.

Sweeny Todd:
          This is one of those movies thats "Pretty to look at" I love the art direction. This is Tim Burton's strong point. His movies always look fantastic.
          The movie itself is quite enjoyable. The songs are entertaining and move the story along nicely. Depp Is great as Todd. Probably because they are so similar, why? THEY'RE BOTH INSANE. Depp captures the madness of Todd very well.
          My main problem is that the music drowns out the vocals. At some parts you cant understand what they're singing. And the Gore was a bit too "in your face" for me.

I give it a 8/10.

The Mist:
          I like this movie. Its great. If not only for how accurately it depicts how people will lose their shit in a crisis. The monsters are scary and the deaths are gruesome. You learn to hate some of the characters and love others. The ending is sad but also funny. Which brings me to my next point. The irony in this movie is great. You can see what would have happened if they had made a different decision. People die because of the choices they make. "If he had waited" "If they had gone with her". The movie is great but has some flaws in it. The movie gets bonus points for the sheer awesomeness of the old lady.

I give it an 8/10.

Comment

I so want to watch the Mist, as I really like Laurie Holden (I'm an X-Files fan), but it's going to be released on cinemas in May here in Spain, so I'll have to wait a bit.

The last film I saw was The Eye, the original Asian film, not the remake which I don't have any intention of watching, it was really good and scary

Comment

Zombie Strippers

Caught a couple of theatrical releases recently, Funny because the movie I thought I'd like the most I ended up disliking and the one I figured I'd be indifferent at best about I actually really enjoyed. That said don’t waist your box office dollars on Forbidden Kingdom. Although if you are interested in just having a jolly old theatre going time then go and see Zombie Strippers with Jena Jameson. Trust me you haven’t seen zombies tell you've seen em pole dance.

Comment

Seen Awake in the cinema, and i think its one of the top movies this year, i love how the storyline went and loads of twists here and there.
                Another movie i saw was called The Rocker, which is about a 80's drummer who gets kicked out of a band on the edge of being famous because his apperance and drinking makes the bands image look bad. But you see what he does after, like working in dead end jobs, having to move in with his sister, where he joins his nephews band and then they become famous. It's a funny film and is worth watching.
                Next film i'm after seeing is "getting over sarah mashal", with russel brand in, I heard it's quite funny and russels brands first big hollywood film went down well, which im glad as im a big fan of him

Comment

Loved the Fifth Element. A bit violent for a PG rating though.

Just watched Rambo: First Blood. Not the best movie I've ever seen, but a good action ride anyway. The rats in the mine made me shudder...

I also found the sherrif(?) a bit racist for trying to keep Rambo out. Asshole.

Before that? AVP2: Requiem and Hollow Man 2. Loved Requiem, thought it was just as good as the first one. Hollow Man 2? Liked it too, but not as good as the first.

Comment

Dunno why, but there's been a little pattern in my two latest movie viewings at home.

I watched Stardust the other day, sweet piece of adventure.
                    Think it might very well be one of the best movies I've seen recently.

Then I for some reason right after went over to watch Bridge to Terabithia.
                    I dunno if anyone here has seen this one or not, but it's a really fantastic story.
                    Unfortunately, I guess many got put off of watching that movie thanks to a terribly misleading trailer. In another kinda way, it's a good trailer as it allows you to actually see a movie that is not exactly what you expected (especially not if you're not familiar with the source material.)
                    I dunno exactly where to put this movie, but I guess you could say it somewhat belongs in the same bin as Pan's Labyrinth. Just slightly less "dark".

Anyway, to continue this odd pattern of real world vs odd fantasy stuff, I jumped onto the series of tubes and just put down orders for Tideland and Pan's Labyrinth.

Haven't seen Tideland yet, but my brother had more than enough positive stuff to say about it. And I've ofcourse already seen Pan's Labyrinth, but since it's one of my favorites amongst the recent "international" stuff that has been praised for various reasons, I figured I could just as well add a HD DVD copy of it to my pile of movies (Currently only got a Spanish Limited Edition box of it)

And oh, saw Iron Man at the cinema earlier.
                    Really enjoyed it. Only real complaint I have about it was the music score/soundtrack, which felt horribly repetitive most of the time. (You know how it is, right? Let's say you watch 5~6 episodes of some 20min weekly show and some character has a theme tune that pops up like twice in every episode. Apply that entire sequenced experience to a movie and you've got the majority of the score for Iron Man going)

Comment

I never noticed the soundtrack to Iron Man... The action was a good diversion

Just watched Alien3 and Resurrection again, loved Alien3 but Resurrection was a load of bullshit. Alien3 was kinda gory for a M rated movie though. Lots of blood splatters and horrible ways to die.

The biggest bullshit bit of Resurrection is when the general gets stabbed in the back of the head... and pulls out a bit of his brain! I couldn't stop laughing, it is so dumb. Also, it tries too hard to be funny at times, and overuses the action-movie cliches.

(P.S: the funniest bit I think in Resurrection is when Ripley asks: "Now, who do I have to fuck to get off this boat?" and that other guy replies: "I can get you off... but maybe not this boat..." That joke was probably the only decent one.

Comment

As a fan of comic book films, Iron Man was awesome. It was right on the money in terms of seriousness and the action sequences made the film flow nicely. The humor, even when it was a bit childish was funny all thanks to the fantastic casting of Robert Downey Jr. (who I always thought was a damn good actor). In fact it is right under Batman Begins (one of my favorite films of all time) to take my 2nd fav. Comic book film.

Comment

Bought yesterday the Deadly Friend dvd, a 1986 Wes Craven film. The film's not really that good but it's always been a guilty pleasure of mine. Plus, it has Kristy Swanson in it. And besides, the movie's worth it just for this scene:

Deadly Friend was a great movie on it's own, but this one death scene put it over the top. Basketballs can be thrown at deadly speeds.

Comment

Oh man, just watched the first Dirty Harry. He is BADASS! That antagonist/bad guy is fucking crazy though. I wanted to shoot him myself just for his behaviour throughout the movie. Poor bus driver near the end... kids were ugly, didn't care about them

Comment

i never watched narnia.. don't plan to watch it either but that caspian guy looks damn good

Comment

Re-Watched Iron Man for the 2nd time, damn good movie but always felt it was lacking something, probably because the confrontation at the end was pretty downplayed but I suppose it fit in with the real world constraints of the movie.

Saw the premiere of Doomsday in London a couple of weeks ago which I forgot to mention, its...bizarre, not bad or good, just...a total mind f*ck totally lacking in substance but making up for it with bizarre content, nutters doing the can can and gratuitious violence.

Comment

Working...
                                X