No announcement yet.

Recently Seen Films

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last night I watched Jesus Camp (I love documentaries). Brain-washed children. Absolutely terrifying. I was nearly in tears (and I VERY VERY rarely cry, especially in movies) at seeing some of the things that's happening to these children.
    Last edited by TheSelfishGene; 05-17-2008, 07:55 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

I just read the wiki. That's DISGUSTING! That's explicit brain-washing, and I bet those kids didn't have a choice. I tell ya, if I was forced to go there, I'd bash the shit out of those 'instructors', leave, and let God heal their wounds.

Comment

yesterday i saw speed racer,very good,but the races were too animated for me.

Comment

Originally posted by delage View Post
          Bought yesterday the Deadly Friend dvd, a 1986 Wes Craven film. The film's not really that good but it's always been a guilty pleasure of mine. Plus, it has Kristy Swanson in it. And besides, the movie's worth it just for this scene:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSW2pPlZF-M
          WTF, i bet they didn't let her play dodgeball at school....yep i went there

Well i watched iron man yesterday, i was really looking forward to it because unlike spiderman etc, i didn't know what iron man was about. I don't know if it keeps to the comics but i loved it. I wished the final battle was a bit... well i'm not too sure but just seemed to quick and not alot of beating up the bad guy so to speak.

Comment

The granny me of that guy in Alien Resurrection at the end where the alien in his chest bursts out. Even though he's pretty much dead he keeps running!

Comment

This past Thursday I saw Indiana Jones. For an old time Jones fan I really enjoyed the movie. It had a few moments where some stuff felt out of place however overall I really enjoyed it from start to finish. It may be hit or miss for new comers but I'd still recommend it to anyone looking to see a new movie.

Comment

I watched Shortbus again last night. I actually got a lot more out of it. Since I knew what to expect this time around. Once you get over the shock of it all, it's a really good film.
                sigpic

Comment

Oh man. I just got done watching The Mist. What a film. I really recommend it to everyone. Avoid any spoilers though. The trailers do spoil a tiny bit. Man, what a great film. Has anyone else seen it?

I also saw Indiana Jones 4 and Iron Man. Both were excellent.

Comment

All my friends hated the ending, and then by association, also hated the movie.

Me, I personally like Steven King movies and I don't care what anyone says. "It" still creeps me out to this day, dammit!

Comment

Last night I watched Zeitgiest, another doco. It's free to download (http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/ if you're interested).

It has 3 main parts.

1. Jesus Christ is a lie
                      2. 9/11 is a lie
                      3. People contolling the Federal Reserve pull all the strings behind The President.

The JC bit I had no troubles with.

I haven't seen Loose Change, so the 9/11 stuff was pretty much all new to me. Alot of long bows, but still quite convincing. I wouldn't be suprised at all that in 50 years time it was revealed it was an inside job.

I dunno about the investment bankers bit. They said the 9/11 attacks were the stimulus to go into war, which is in the bankers interest, but that still doesn't explain terror attacks in London, Madrid, and Indonesia. I wouldn't be suprised at all if this is also all true.

A very interesting watch, especially since it's free.
                      sigpic

Comment

Well I just saw Untraceable. I was ok with the "anti-snuff yet tons of snuff scenes" thing but the main character was just really idiotic. Seriously.

SPOILERS

Spoiler:
                        Last edited by Dot50Cal; 06-04-2008, 01:26 PM.
                        Seibu teh geimu?
                        ---

Comment

1. Jesus Christ is a lie
                          2. 9/11 is a lie
                          3. People contolling the Federal Reserve pull all the strings behind The President.
                          1. Pwhahahahahahahahahahahaha, good one. I'm sorry, but... actually, im not sorry, but i'd much rather worship a man who once walked this Earth and our heavenly father in faith who will forgive my horrendous sins rather than a cattle made of gold, or any other material good this place has to offer.

2. Um, yeah. I definitely can't disagree. John hates this subject, so I will skip my personal opinion.

3. Very possible. I'm sure you know the old saying, "Money makes the world go 'round". Knowing what I can about our government, it wouldn't surprise me the least bit.

The JC bit I had no troubles with.
                          EDIT - Your avatar makes you a hypocrite.
                          Last edited by MeganGrass; 06-03-2008, 12:54 PM.
                          I'm a blackstar.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkGrass View Post

EDIT - Your avatar makes you a hypocrite.
                            I couldn't disagree with you more. Here's the full image
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	Finished.bmp
Views:	1
Size:	663.7 KB
ID:	397490

The 3 points there were the three main points addressed in the film, hastily summarised by me. All three I am not very familiar with. That said, I found them all to be somewhat convincing.

Wether Jesus ever walked the Earth or not, I don't know. However I'm an atheiest, and I haven't seen enough evidence to convince me that there has been divine intervention in the creation and/or perpetuation of the universe. And if I don't think there's a God, then I don't think the son of God can be sent to walk the Earth, which makes the question of his mortal manifestation moot. That said. There may have been a man who went by the name of Jesus some 2000 years ago. And he may have professed to be the son of God, but I don't think that he was the son of God.
                            Last edited by TheSelfishGene; 06-03-2008, 10:21 PM.
                            sigpic

Comment

Well Iron man was great, it is actually the only Marvel film that I liked in a long time and the only one about what I can say that it is as good as comics. You mensioned the Mist, the movie is great the best horror movie for me and dont you think that latest Steven King's based movies are great (Dreamcatcher, 1408)? Lots of people said that it's ending sucks, but I think that itis the best part of the Mist. Also watched Forbiden Kingdom recently, good movie.
                              P.S. I also think that making the movie based on the game will lead to tragedy. All this movies are great for those who have not played the games, but for me: they sucks. Only Silent Hill was decent.
                              "Barry never vanished from the series. It was the series that vanished from Barry. He's inside all of us. " (C) Smiley

Comment

@Gene - I wasn't trying to get in a religous debate with you, as I read that you're an atheiest in another thread, and i'm definitely not trying to cram religion down your throat. Please forgive me, Gene. I was only stating personal belief.

Also, I love it how I edit my post to avoid any conflict, yet it reappears hours later in a repost I didn't even make. To whoever made that one happen, thanks. Peace.
                                I'm a blackstar.

Comment

Working...
                                X