Recently Seen Films

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarkGrass View Post
    @Gene - I wasn't trying to get in a religous debate with you, as I read that you're an atheiest in another thread, and i'm definitely not trying to cram religion down your throat. Please forgive me, Gene. I was only stating personal belief.

Also, I love it how I edit my post to avoid any conflict, yet it reappears hours later in a repost I didn't even make. To whoever made that one happen, thanks. Peace.
    No worries at all. My attitude to personal beliefs is live and let live. The only time I have a problem is when, like you say, it's being foisted upon me (and my personal beliefs aren't respected), which is the only time I'll get into a serious argument. I never instigate, and I'll always entertain people who want to speak to me, and understand why I believe what I believe, in order to broaden their horizons. You can tell who just wants to 'save your soul' and who wants to hear what you have to say and listen (even if they do disagree after they have listened). The worst thing in any debate is having one side second-guess the other. The earlier reply I sent took me around 10 minutes to type, only that little, because I didn't want to make any assumptions about what you do or don't believe. I'm aware that there are theists and deists and young Earth creationists, and alot of other systems of belief that all fall under the umbrella of 'Christianity'.

If anyone is interested in having a good chat with me about such matters, or even about why I think I can tout that avatar and not be a hypocrite, then send me a private message. I love to talk about this sort of stuff.

Peace & Love
    sigpic

Comment

I respect people's personal belief(s), have the upmost respect and am genuinely interested in hearing what others have to say about the matter at hand, so please, drop me a PM.

EDIT - I also have a theory about your avatar, one i've had for years. I would be interested in discussing that, as well.
      Last edited by MeganGrass; 06-04-2008, 08:11 AM.
      I'm a blackstar.

Comment

Originally posted by biohazard_star View Post
        SPOILERS
        We have spoiler tags for a reason!

Mark, you know that avatar is from Claire's biker jacket, right? XD
        Last edited by Dot50Cal; 06-04-2008, 01:30 PM.

Comment

Lol, I was just about to say that Dot I don't think it has anything to do with Gene's beliefs, I reckon he thinks it just looks cool

Comment

Originally posted by TheSelfishGene View Post
            Peace & Love

Comment

Huh? Who's that?

Comment

Vash the Stampede. He marches along chanting 'Love and Peace' due to his pacifist nature.

Comment

Oh, some anime character? Okay then.

Comment

I LOVE anime. It rocks. God bless the Japan for making such a great thing. And I think that japanese people make the best storys, scripts and games Honestly
                    "Barry never vanished from the series. It was the series that vanished from Barry. He's inside all of us. " (C) Smiley

Comment

Last movie i watched was an oldie. Silent trigger with Dolph Lundgren. Good movie when you wanna see some action but don't wanna think to much. I do that alot after a week of working cause then i am kinda braindead

Comment

The last movie I saw was The Big Lebowski. It was a pretty good movie with alot of funny moments.

Comment

The Big Lebowski is awesome but then again it is the Coen Bros.

I saw Indi 4 and Don't Mess With the Zohan recently in theaters. Indi 4 was just alright. It had its moments but it was really bad in some parts. However, Harrison Ford is as kickass as always. Don't Mess With the Zohan was good for what it was. I won't be giving it any awards, but hey I'm guilty of laughing through the whole thing. Look foward to seeing the Incredible Hulk tomorrow.

Comment

And I'am going to see the Incredible Hulk today, and the Hapening tomorow. Does anyone saw the Happening already, should I give it a try?
                            "Barry never vanished from the series. It was the series that vanished from Barry. He's inside all of us. " (C) Smiley

Comment

I want to see The Happening, but I won't bother with the new Indiana Jones. The special effects look really bad in the trailer.

Comment

Well actually I have heard the twist that happens at the end of the Happening and it's just dumb. It also is supposed to be some message, a social commentary if you will.

Comment

Working...
                                X