Resident Evil Classic Edition: The Truth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil Classic Edition: The Truth

So I suppose we should come clean with this now. Yes, the videos are fake, as are the boxarts. There is no Resident Evil Classic Edition. Sorry if we disappointed anyone. We really didn't mean for this to get as big as it did, we're mostly a small knit community with a couple dozen active users. We're known for pulling April fools jokes a few days in advance so most of the regulars knew what was up. Things sort of spiraled out of control when a thread popped up on Neogaf and then the Capcom BBS. Our goal wasn't to promote the site, or cause distress to people. We just wanted to play a little joke like we do every year, but new advances in modding/hacking over the past year left us with a golden opportunity. The announcement of Biohazard 0 Wii Edition also helped, as that seemed to be fake when it was initially announced as well. So people were more open to the idea of a port. So to anyone whos upset, I'm sorry. We really didn't want to cause you any personal distress. As an apology, we're working hard on the translation for the Biohazard 5 interview from Famitsu's 25th Anniversary Capcom DVD. All 14 minutes of the interview will be translated and then subtitled. Additionally, I'll be posting the raw captured recordings of the Classic Edition videos for you quality freaks.
    Last edited by Dot50Cal; 03-30-2008, 03:24 PM.

I can't believe they banned you from neogaf for this.

Comment

Not yet, anyway. I probably will be, though. Lots of people calling for my head. Seems a bit silly, but then again I did promote the second video in the thread. Oh well, probably for the best.

Comment

I knew it was too good to be true lol! For oldschool (damn, I never thought that I will reffer to PSX platform that way ) gamers like myself, it would really be cool to be able to play RE4 in classic camera angles! Overall great work here - you got me fooled XD!

Comment

Hahahaha!!!
          Nice one, Dot.

Comment

I left so many breadcrumbs too. In that second video, look at the X button when Leon enters the first door. I didn't even bother to edit out the green Gamecube button below it when it fades out.

Comment

Great one Dot

But I think there must be a realease of that hacked stuff for the CE

The 3D menu is really impressive, don't lost that only for a joke
              Last edited by Zomby; 03-30-2008, 03:31 PM.

Comment

Oh well, we can dream...

Comment

lol, nice.

So how did you make the title screen?
                  Finally playing 1.5. Woo-Hoo!!!

sigpic

Comment

Yeah well fuck you too. Asshole. :/

Comment

"You failed to fool me! Nyaaaah!"

btw, so how did you do the camera angles?
                      Last edited by JcFFx; 03-30-2008, 03:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Enigma_632 View Post
                        lol, nice.

So how did you make the title screen?
                        3D camera panning around while I recorded footage. The hard part was making it seem to go at a steady pace. After that a lot of post processing in Avisynth to make it dissolve to the other villagers as the camera followed them. Then a simple overlay with the logo/options/copyright on top. It was definitely not real time as you saw it on the video.

Comment

Haha D'ya think after all the attention this got, Capcom will consider.

P.S You cant call someone an asshole for a joke they say sorry for.

Comment

Prime, what are the EVD's? Most of this stuff was hacked in post processing, the buttons for instance were taken from an excellent XNA pack by a guy named Jeff Jenkins here. For Hunk's game, I just switched off the HUD (which killed buttons too, but not text) so that I didn't have to worry about editing out the green gamecube button after you enter a loading door. You can see that on the second video if you look close, its green when it begins to smear

Comment

Originally posted by Gradon View Post
                              P.S You cant call someone an asshole for a joke they say sorry for.
                              thisisneogafdude.gif

Yeah, yeah, this isn't neogaf, but it still seemed relevant.

Speaking of neogaf, their reactions are priceless.

Comment

Working...
                              X