Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
    Wheres en masse murder? He should be reveling in this like a pig in the mud
    No, I'm really not like that (most of the time) seriously!

I think your alright actually I'd have banned my preachy, self satisfied, condescending arse long ago

I can admit this now, but what really got me going was those initial blurry pics actually, they FOOLED ME, you bastard!

After I seen the high res ones, which revealed them to be obviously fake, I was livid, and scoured the place for a trail of breadcrumbs, but found a trail of huge boulders

Why did you leave such a HUGE trail of evidence?

You could have still used this fake April fools as a diversion for the real joke.

You do realise that next year ANYTHIG you say in the two weeks leading up to April 1st, be it true or not, NOBODY will believe!?
    Last edited by en masse murder; 03-30-2008, 06:29 PM.

Comment

Funny stuff, really.
      I'm a blackstar.

Comment

I didn't want to blow your cover and played along after the first vid. You spoke of the clouding in your screen in the upper right and mid areas once, and it was clear as daylight in the first vid.

Comment

Marks back?! Wb?
          It is funny now that you realize it! hehe!

Comment

Oh God, just hope fans don't get mad, it was just a joke, for God's sake!
            And you guys did the right thing, telling the truth due to how big things got.

Peace and love, everyone. ^_~
            And Dot, congratulations for the videos, they are just like wow! *-*
            http://www.residentevildatabase.com
            Follow us on Twitter: @residentevildb

Comment

Yeah, like Umon, I didn't want to blow it either so I've basically avoided all these topics to avoid saying stuff I noticed. I think it's a great example of combined factors and fan hope that helped this work so well.

Had there been something like this even three or four years ago when Capcom didn't operate an open communication via BBS as well this perhaps would have gone even more insane, so I think the fact that doubt/denial was added to the mix actually helped you in the long run.

I also did post a link on the REFan news because I thought it was a crack up the responses being given here and elsewhere. I even received e-mails about the fact I'd "wasted my time" linking to it too. LOL

Comment

Wow...ok, at least i still have RE5 to look forward too... Actually, i didn't really like RE4 that much, so im not too excited about 5...

Comment

ya im stuck on the old school site. i have ta start checking here more. gotta get in the groove , nice joke though . it got around every where, even my friend at gamestop, hes and assit. manger there , he heard about it , and he dont even go on the net like that.

Comment

For the most part I stayed out of it, and remained very very skeptical. I was 99% certain it was a joke, but I didn't want to blow it for anyone else.
                    I just watched the second video. Absolutely amazing amount of effort went into this, and you should be commended.
                    sigpic

Comment

I have a question want to ask for the author!
                      I see the video that ,the author can open the debug menu.
                      how do you do it?
                      there is only ngc debugger in the world(or maybe others I donot know!)
                      name is gcnrd!
                      but gcnrd can't debug the re4!
                      so I want to know why?

Comment

Well I lol'd unfortuantely I got here just in time to read "The Truth" before I was even taken in by the gag but good work Dot great work in fact seems a pity some people aren't capable of seeing the funny side of it all . . .
                        sigpic

Comment

The debug is built in to certain versions of Resident Evil 4, for instance the USA Trial Edition has it built in, but locked off with a flag parameter. Its easy to change this and gain access

I should also add a thanks to everyone who seen through this but kept quiet. Had some of the older members spoken out more, I don't think this would have went very far.
                          Last edited by Dot50Cal; 03-31-2008, 12:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
                            I should also add a thanks to everyone who seen through this but kept quiet. Had some of the older members spoken out more, I don't think this would have went very far.
                            Ah ha, so we've got them to blame for all this really!?

I Think all these 'keeping quiet' stories are just to save face

I never guessed you'd used a debug version though.
                            Last edited by en masse murder; 03-31-2008, 12:28 AM.

Comment

im not gonna lie, I pretty much new it wasnt real, I even posted that other link to your vid of the hacked camera angles playing it off like I thought you forgot to post it...Even though I supported the situation all the way through, i had a lot of doughts...there is no way you would be able to use classic mode angles in a fully 3d environment like that, you would miss a lot of items and it would be to difficult having enemies comming from every spectrum at you with out you seeing them and plus aiming at the enemies like I said before would be near impossible and seemed very difficult, but man was it awesome, the vids were very well done with the short amount of time and the box art and everything else was proven to show possibilities of what could become of a cool version of a game, I have to give you major credit for everything, non the less, I knew it was fake but bein the RE fan I am, I give my support, i felt bad for you with all these people just thrashing on you, and now they are all like wow DOT your so cool and stuff and awesome joke even though I just thrashed you...thats just messed up, if people can tell something is fake leave it alone if you got nothing good to say...

Comment

Curses. Just when I thought it might actually be real.

Eh. It was nicely done and well played. I don't mind getting fooled by April First jokes. I'm just glad I was smart enough to never say it deffintely looked real.

Comment

Working...
                                X