Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capcom releases English translation of Bio5 Interview

*Update*
    We'll still be releasing our translated version when we finish it up. After skimming through Capcom's theres one interesting thing they left out, the name of the original virus "Progenitor".

The Capcom blog has recently put the entire English translation of the interview with the producer of Biohazard 5 Jun Takeuchi.

The low resolution version can be seen here or you can download a high resolution mp4 version here.

Points worth noting ..

- The game's setting has been confirmed as Africa
    - The game is graphically complete now.
    - They're working on the game system and balance now

So the development seems to be further along then we thought, 2008 release date confirmed ? Lets wait and see ..
    Last edited by Dot50Cal; 04-11-2008, 05:02 PM.

Makes me wish I put our version up sooner. Carnivol is still working on subtitle placement, oh well. It'll still have a use for those who want a high quality version.

Comment

Thanks for posting this.

Comment

"The birthplace of mankind..."

"The cradle of the Progenitor virus..."

Scientists believe life began in Africa. IIRC, BioHazard 0 mentions that Africa has something to do with the original Progenitor virus.

I didn't think i'd ever say it, but BioHazard 5 could just be exactly what an old fangal like myself needs. CAPCOM are digging up (new) old roots to the series, I happen to like that... hey, atleast Bio5 doesn't appear like it will be another Steven Segal wannabe shit film-to-videogame adaptation.

I'll spare you all the whole "Let's save the US President's daughter!" rant.
        Last edited by MeganGrass; 04-11-2008, 09:18 PM.
        I'm a blackstar.

Comment

yes, this seems way more legit of an RE title, if it ties in with the original Resident Evil's.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkGrass View Post
            BioHazard 0 mentions that Africa has something to do with the original Progenitor virus.
            Actually, this is said in Wesker's Report 2. Biohazard 0's link to Africa is about how Billy's mission went bad and how he ended up in the death row.

Still, is good to see that Capcom is not forgeting the old storyline, as many fans stated... there's a lot of things that need answer, and. at the same time some points will be made clear in RE5, another set of doubts will be raised, and that's the will it will be happening until the Resident Evil franchise ceases to be a money making machine.

Comment

"The birthplace of mankind..."

..Steven Segal wannabe ...
              OUCH! What an insult! I love it.

It's good to see that Capcom acknowledge there is a desire for this sort of stuff in the world outside of Japan. Hopefully they will do more of this sort of stuff, and them maybe release source texts too??

I can only dream...
              sigpic

Comment

Hey Dot can you rip the other two Biohazrd trailers (Bio0 Wii and the Degeneration trailer), too and upload them

Comment

Yes, please...

Comment

Degeneration Teaser

The MPG was ripped directly from the RE: Extinction DVD VOB files.
                    I'm a blackstar.

Comment

Really awesome!!! i hope they release RE5 this year!!! i can't wait anymore!!!
                      Also i can't wait for RE Degeneration!!!

Comment

Degeneration Teaser

I think that the Famitsu DVD contains an updated trailer..

Comment

Degeneration Teaser

Isn't on the Famitsu 25th Capcom Aniversary DVD a newer one ?

Comment

Originally posted by doomed View Post
                            I think that the Famitsu DVD contains an updated trailer..
                            Yes, it does. I will have it up, once Carnivol finishes the subtitles. And my mistake, the line Bjorn sent was "...the virus came up, and it seems that its leaning toward the one in this game being the original prototype!"

So basically Progenitor.
                            Last edited by Dot50Cal; 04-12-2008, 02:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
                              Yes, it does. I will have it up, once Carnivol finishes the subtitles. And my mistake, the line Bjorn sent was "...the virus came up, and it seems that its leaning toward the one in this game being the original prototype!"

So basically Progenitor.
                              That's why I ask ;)

Comment

Working...
                              X