X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Famitsu RE5 Scans

*Update 2*
    A summary by cvxfreak has been provided:

- A new trailer will be shown in the very near future.
    - For now, Famitsu will show images and some info from one part of that trailer. (intro paragraph written by Takeuchi)
    - There's a new female character, shown holding a shotgun and wearing a tank top and boots similar to the ones Jill wore in RE3.
    - In addition to areas that make use of sunlight as a gameplay dynamic, there will be darker, shadow-filled areas as well, such as a cavern where Chris utilizes a flashlight. There will be an intense contrast between light and dark.
    - Chris is shown using his knife, a sniper rifle above a bridge that's above a river, and of course the handgun.- A few pieces of artwork are shown, such Chris fighting villagers near a crashed helicopter, that same helicopter flying amidst a smoke-filled sky, and Chris witnessing the helicopter being shot down. There's also some kind of garden in the cavern with a giant hole above it, allowing the sunlight in.
    - Chris is shown holding a blond girl noticeably shorter than him in a building.
    - A picture of a chainsaw and the right leg of its weilder is shown.
    - Chris will be up against very powerful enemies once again, and this shot of some creature behind iron bars is reminiscent of Chris's previous enemies, such as CODE: Veronica's Nosferatu (although it was Claire who faced him) and the REmake's Lisa Trevor in the sense that those two creatures were imprisoned at some point as well.

*Update*
    Under the black woman, the text reads "AND THIS UNKNOWN IDENTITIES WOMANS IS...YOU'LL JUST HAVE TO WAIT FOR THE UPCOMING TRAILER!!!!"
    Nothing relevant about the blonde woman, but I think we can all speculate that it is Sherry. As for this new woman, I'd guess that she is with whatever organization Chris is with.

Forum member Petronio has sent some Famitsu scans from an unknown source. It seems that Famitsu is also running their Biohazard 5 coverage, so the screens shown here will likely be the same in OPM UK and GameInformer.

The scans contain new screenshots as well as some concept art. A new black female is shown, equipped with a shotgun and what looks like a handgun. Chris is shown overlooking a bridge with a sniper rifle, and a blonde haired woman is shown being "recovered" by Chris. New locations appear to be a cave with a railway system and what looks to be some concept art for the ending of Resident Evil 1 with the mansion blowing up as the team escapes in the chopper. The zombies also appear much more zombie-like in these screens. I'll have Bjorn take a look at the scans to see if there is any new information on them.

Source: True-Gaming
    Last edited by Dot50Cal; 05-14-2008, 05:58 AM.

-
    Last edited by LeechCharmer; 03-08-2009, 12:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by LeechCharmer View Post
      I hope they didn't scratch an original RE character from being chris' counterpart and added a black female only because of the racial controversy surrounding this game.
      Well... The "black" girl maybe is Jill. Same boots of RE3. Blue top...

Comment

-
        Last edited by LeechCharmer; 03-08-2009, 12:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Petronio View Post
          Well... The "black" girl maybe is Jill. Same boots of RE3. Blue top...
          I have it on good authority that she is black (I guess brown would be a more accurate word, sort of like Halle Berry's complexion) and has been in planning since the games inception
          Last edited by Dot50Cal; 05-14-2008, 06:01 AM.

Comment

-
            Last edited by LeechCharmer; 03-08-2009, 12:26 AM.

Comment

Well apparently she has been in a tube, so maybe that has something to do with it. Maybe something with Birkin, Wesker did say that theres "something about this little girl" at the end of Weskers Report.
              Last edited by Dot50Cal; 05-14-2008, 06:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
                I have it on good authority that she is black (I guess brown would be a more accurate word, sort of like Halle Berry's complexion) and has been in planning since the games inception
                Mmmmmmmm..... who is your source?

Well. I hope she is not jill. She is totally different form the old Jill...

Comment

I cannot say. Also, that looks like a disfigured man behind the bars. Maybe we get to fight another Lisa Trevor look-alike?

Bjorn Translates the text near this guy: "You see what looks like a NAKEDMAN showing up somewhere, and he looks a bit like the CREATURE from code veronica."
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Dot50Cal; 05-14-2008, 06:12 AM.

Comment

-

Comment

Heres a thought, what if that man is Steve? Wesker did take his body you know.

Comment

-

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
                          I cannot say. Also, that looks like a disfigured man behind the bars. Maybe we get to fight another Lisa Trevor look-alike?

Bjorn Translates the text near this guy: "You see what looks like a NAKEDMAN showing up somewhere, and he looks a bit like the CREATURE from code veronica."
                          So you are SURE that sehe is a new character. Very good.

Steve? Naaaaaaa.......

Comment

For the black woman? Yes. As for the blond girl, I'm not sure but I'd guess Sherry.

Comment

Third scan, the picture below the upper leftmost pic. Is that a special ops person I see there?
                              Seibu teh geimu?
                              ---

Comment

Working...
                              X