RE4 Wii Edition, Umbrella Chronicles sales figures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RE4 Wii Edition, Umbrella Chronicles sales figures

Capcom has released their latest sales figures today. Included in the figures are two new additions to the million seller club. Both Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition and Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles join the list.

Resident Evil The Umbrella Chronicles - 1,050,000
    Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition - 1,250,000
    Its also interesting to note that the entire Resident Evil franchise far out-paces every other series Capcom has, selling approximately 34,500,000 units over the lifetime of the series.

Source: cvxfreak via neogaf
    Last edited by Dot50Cal; 05-22-2008, 07:58 AM.

IrCapcom sales data are different from neogaf

Comment

For some reason I thought Street Fighter has more total sales than RE... but no. 25 mil agains 34.5. I think it was just because SFII was their top selling single title ahead of RE2.... in either way, thats insane.

Comment

Wow, RE4 had higher sales than UC...why am I not surprised? Throw in a slightly changed control scheme and suddenly everyone wants to buy it again. (Including me XD)

Comment

No wonder. Especially if you know what kind of the game resident evil is and how popular it is.
          But I dont like RE:UC's RE3 remake,and RE remake's remake... You Know what I mean.
          Last edited by Nomad9026; 05-23-2008, 03:26 AM.
          "Barry never vanished from the series. It was the series that vanished from Barry. He's inside all of us. " (C) Smiley

Comment

Originally posted by LeonsBuddyDave View Post
            Wow, RE4 had higher sales than UC...why am I not surprised? Throw in a slightly changed control scheme and suddenly everyone wants to buy it again. (Including me XD)
            Simply RE4 Wii Edition was released 6 months before UC.
            Last edited by Sunglasses; 05-23-2008, 04:52 AM.

Comment

Yes, but still - it's just a re-edition of a game, that was already released on 3 systems (NGC, PS2 and PC), with changed cotrol scheme, whereas UC is completly new game.
              Last edited by Mr_Zombie; 05-23-2008, 04:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Zombie View Post
                Yes, but still - it's just a re-edition of a game, that was already released on 3 systems (NGC, PS2 and PC), with changed cotrol scheme, whereas UC is completly new game.
                True. It still impress.
                "Barry never vanished from the series. It was the series that vanished from Barry. He's inside all of us. " (C) Smiley

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Zombie View Post
                  Yes, RE4 it's a controversial game, but I have to admit that technically Wii Edition It's a very nice game, Capcom married NGC and PS2 adding an amazing control system... UC is an on-rails tour of the series thinked only for funny, but surely It's the best rail shooter I have ever seen.
                  They are two very different games conceived in very different ways, but both are very nice game, My first thought when I bought the Wii was "I need to try both and now" This is confirmed by sales data.

Comment

Unsuprising, that RE has sold more than any other Capcom series, seeing as it's the biggest.

Comment

Working...
                    X