X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alexi-5000?

-
    Attached Files
    Last edited by LeechCharmer; 03-08-2009, 12:31 AM.

I always thought that the movie and RE2 train were the same. Seems to be only in design. Good find

Comment

Originally "Galaxy 5000" comes from "Galaxy 9999" an manga/anime created by Leiji Matsumoto(the same guy from the Daft Punk videos) that tells the story of a kid who travels trough the space on a train call Galaxy 9999.

One time i read that in the movie they put Alexi on the train refering to Alexia from code veronica...

Comment

Yeah, of course it would be a homage to Alexia. They probably just used the design and model number of the train and put a RE game reference into it.

Comment

it was Galaxy Express 999 and not 9999

Sorry XD

Comment

Yeah, you can see the Galaxie part better in these shots :

Compare that to the Resident Evil movie's version :

I personally think the Galaxie name was based on the Ford Galaxie 500 model of car. This was present in the movie Birds (by Alfred Hitchcock) as well as many others. I mention the movie Birds because a lot of the scenes in the series involving the crows/ravens crashing through the windows was based off that movie. Here is a screen shot I took from that movie showing the car's logo :

Just for comparison purposes, here is the underground train from Resident Evil 1.5 :

From studying other background captures we can tell that the train used was either a full diesel train or one of the newer diesel-electric trains....

Resident Evil 1.5 also shows that there were two trains, and not just one... Albeit, the second train was removed completely from the final game and the train was updated a bit before the game was released...

Comment

-
              Last edited by LeechCharmer; 03-08-2009, 12:32 AM.

Comment

No problem; my PS2 isn't working at the moment (DRE's up the ass, but then again, I got it when it first came out and hasn't failed on me till now <3) so I couldn't get screen captures of the Galaxie 5000 train from when it was shown in Outbreak File 1.... I'll see if there are some floating around on the net...

Found one :

Last edited by Project Omega; 05-24-2008, 12:10 PM.

Comment

What's it doing in Outbreak? Another escape vehicle?

Comment

Monica tried to use it, but she decided it would be more fun to have some makey-outy time with G-Larva. I guess they don't call her Deep Throat Monica for nothing ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Project Omega View Post
                      Monica tried to use it, but she decided it would be more fun to have some makey-outy time with G-Larva. I guess they don't call her Deep Throat Monica for nothing ;)

Comment

Originally posted by LeigiBoy View Post
                        it was Galaxy Express 999 and not 9999

Sorry XD
                        Double checked, and Feur correct, nevermind. LOL
                        Last edited by Rombie; 05-26-2008, 06:53 AM.

Comment

It's actually the "Ecliptic Express" in RE0. That's what Wesker said... I think.

Comment

That's in RE0, we're talking about Outbreak.

Comment

In all seriousness :

Spoiler:
                              Last edited by Project Omega; 05-26-2008, 08:32 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X