No announcement yet.

RE5 Screens, Info Leaked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The scariest thing in RE4 was oven-man. He pwned Dr. Salvadore, and the Bella sisters.

Needless to say, I like more than one scare in my horror games...

I'm really hoping it's mostly rubbish. A virus set off by a volcanic erruption? Who's in charge, the Riddler now?

The cover system will probably be ok. I don't expect Capcom to mess it up. From what's been seen so far though, I don't think it would really enhance that style of battle (en masse army rushes one). It sort of goes against the other idea or much more open area style battles too. 2 player co-op doesn't sound all too entincing to me. Unless you can do it split screen. Playing co op with people can be very very frustrating depending on who you play with. Ask anyone who played Outbreak online... That said, if it is true it surely must have a voice communication system.

I'm REALLY hoping the Mercenaries mode hinted at is like Mad Jackal (and not that pap in RE4), but I know if there is a Mercenaries mode, I'm sure to be wrong.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sunglasses View Post
      Yeah, I don't want 2p coop-mode in main story/game, It should be amazin but only in The Mercenaries mini-game, RE5 is Resident Evil (more or less) if someone wants 2coop-mode maybe is better you go play COD or Gears of War, we are talking about a Survival Horror (Shooter).
      Agreed. I'am thinking the same. To play the mersenaries with your friends would be great. But co-op in the main scenario... no, no and no again! But I think that it would be possible to play alongside with this new armed and dangerous chick. Like in RE4 When you are with Louis, but more often.

QUOTE(And why, Capcom why are you returning with the idea of protecting some blonde girl?! At least make her more intelligent than Ashley was... and less screamy.
      "Leon! Help me Leon! Leon! I can't even descent the ladder myself! Help me Leon! Leon!!!!!". Oh shut up there! :/ )QUOTE
      LOL!!!
      "Barry never vanished from the series. It was the series that vanished from Barry. He's inside all of us. " (C) Smiley

Comment

off topic a little according to capcom's financial report the game's release date is from march 2008 to march 2009 ( capcom's financial year )

Comment

Originally posted by Petronio View Post
          It's not fake news, it's UNCONFIRMED (at the moment) news. I fear it will becaome true very soon....
          eh.... I have the same fear, but another time I refuse to believe that Capcom is so stupid. But if it will become true... god damn you capcom!

Comment

Oooh a chainsaw, original, never seen that before, definitely not trying to re-create the only decent enemy from a previous game. And having to protect some little girl, having a female contact, virus thats not a virus, zombies that arent zombies, classic main character, this has about as much thought in it as reality TV Goodbye RE, it was fun while it lasted

Comment

I think you guys just need to realize that this is what the series needed in order to stay relevant. I'm at least somewhat comforted by the fact that RE4 was changed by Mikami, the series creator. So it helps to think that this is the direction he wanted to series to go in.

Really, at the end of the day I care most about the story. While that was very lacking in Resident Evil 4, I can still say that it was a very fun game which helped make up for the lackluster story. I guess thats because it appeals to the kind of games I like. While I certainly would welcome a "classic" game in the series I don't hinge my further interest in the series on one coming out or not and I don't get why some of you are saying you wont play the series anymore. I'm torn too. On one hand, I really love the gameplay and the way Resident Evil 4 was set up. Certainly the game is not without its faults (easy "puzzles", shallow story) but that doesn't mean I should hate it. I'd definitely like for Capcom to make a game in the traditional style or even break the series off into two franchises which follow the two different play-styles that have emerged. I think that would be an acceptable compromise, no?

With all this bitterness, maybe it would be a good idea to make a veterans board in which you guys can talk about the "good old days"
              Last edited by Dot50Cal; 05-23-2008, 07:39 AM.

Comment

Wish someone would just photoshop a RE1 cover and change it to 5, maybe if people stuck those covers on their PS1 Original RE game and imagined REALLY REALLY hard its a sequel, they'd disappear and stop bitching at Capcom for trying something different.

Comment

I really don't get the hate for the game. Being a massive fan its a real mystery to me. Maybe some of you guys can explain your reasoning? We've had nearly 10 years of classic Resident Evil games. I can't blame Capcom for mixing things up and hitting it big with Resident Evil 4.

What kind of game did you all want to happen in place of RE4/5?

Edit: I don't want to come off as thinking this news is good. I certainly don't like some things from it (AI Co-op, same scenario as RE4 basically), but to say you are done with the series? Isn't that being a bit too presumptuous?
                  Last edited by Dot50Cal; 05-23-2008, 07:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunglasses View Post
                    eh.... I have the same fear, but another time I refuse to believe that Capcom is so stupid. But if it will become true... god damn you capcom!
                    Well, lots of fans refused to belive that resident evil 4 will be as it is now. So everything is possible. The more I think about this new gameplay changes the more I start to belive they are actually can be true. Maybe this article doesn't lie...
                    I like RE4 very much. And I like the way RE5 looks for now too. It is stupid to say that you dont like the game before you actually played it. So lets wait for release or trailer.
                    Last edited by Nomad9026; 05-23-2008, 07:53 AM.
                    "Barry never vanished from the series. It was the series that vanished from Barry. He's inside all of us. " (C) Smiley

Comment

So, I'm not saying that I hate the gameplay, a game can be survival horror also with the new gameplay, maybe Capcom should look again Alone In The Dark... AITD5 has a similar gameplay but I see a survival horror... Why?

Comment

Resident Evil 4 had some nice horror though. Regenerators? It felt like classic Resident Evil in that section. Being hunted by U3? Felt pretty scary to me..

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
                          I really don't get the hate for the game. Being a massive fan its a real mystery to me. Maybe some of you guys can explain your reasoning? We've had nearly 10 years of classic Resident Evil games. I can't blame Capcom for mixing things up and hitting it big with Resident Evil 4.

What kind of game did you all want to happen in place of RE4/5?

Edit: I don't want to come off as thinking this news is good. I certainly don't like some things from it (AI Co-op, same scenario as RE4 basically), but to say you are done with the series? Isn't that being a bit too presumptuous?
                          We don't hate the game. We hate some choices. For example the co-op in main story, the lack of fear, the great amount of bullets, lack of strategy (RE4 is very easy on hard mode, RERebirth vas very difficult), the use of kicks and punches (while the use of the 2ndary weapon of RERemake was great).

In past REs you were a "normal" man/woman who was in the wrong place in the wrong time. Now you are a supermacho that can beat nemesis with a single kick....

Comment

I can't speak for anyone in particular Dot, I enjoyed RE4 as well and can't agree more with your comments on the changes to the series, but I can also see the flipside that potentially there are people here who like the series as a series but aren't big "action" game fans or have a different view of what an action game is compared to what RE4 even was. And in that way they are missing the clostrophobic areas and scares which RE4 was mostly lacking.

Personally I'm fine with RE5 being what it is, my interest in the series in general has been lost and that generally is due to the lack of cohesiveness in the story than anything else.

If I want something closer to old school gameplay "reinvented" for the modern age then potentially something like the new Alone In The Dark might be more suitable.

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
                              Resident Evil 4 had some nice horror though. Regenerators? It felt like classic Resident Evil in that section. Being hunted by U3? Felt pretty scary to me..
                              Regenerators were the only creatures that are RE like...

Do you think that a players of 2002 that goes in the future and sees RE4/5 will recognise the saga? I don't think so...

We are waiting for Mario to go to liberty city...

Comment

The 2 main reasons i'm not liking is this:

1.It just seems to be a step-for-step rehash of RE4
                                2.RE4 grew old on me very fast thanks largely to the repetitive action based gameplay, and i didn't once jump or get tense, it was just bland same old stuff over and over (big group of enemies, kill, bit of story, repeat, with the occasional "puzzle" thrown in). I played through it once, did Ada's mission, did the Mercenaries, and never bothered with it again. The only time i played it again was on the PS2 at a mates, and on the PC when it came out.

On the RE4 bonus DVD, that cancelled version of the game, it showed you could get the action style game play and the horror in one, it was perfect. So why only go for action when the series is a horror series?

Comment

Working...
                                X