No announcement yet.

RE5 Screens, Info Leaked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In my case? I like action games, such as Dead Rising, BioShock, Assassin's Creed, Gears of War...but I didn't start playing RE to shoot the crap out of things but to have it scared out of me, and RE4 didn't do that because there was too much gunplay.

Comment

I firmly believe sth shouldn't go beyond the bottom line,
      that we don't need to hear that you don't like RE4 or just give up buying another disk
      That sucks!

Comment

Some of these unconfirmed announced changes upset me. But I'm at least going to reserve my judgement with respect to abandoning the series until I have at least played the game.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
          What kind of games do you guys all play? Any action games that you like? I mean, do you dislike the game just because it has the Resident Evil name on it, but otherwise enjoy the gameplay?
          Well. I like all the fps. Doom, Half Life, Prey, Fear, eecc ecc.
          Also like metroid.

now I'm playing no more heroes. Bu i loved Deus ex, Mafia, Blood Omen 2, Soul reaver 1-2, legacy of kain ecc ecc.

Yes. I don't like the fact that RE has become an action games. I like very much the games.

Comment

I didn't mind RE4. It's a good game. But it's not scary. It was barely Resident Evil, and that was purely because of Leon, Ada and Wesker. With different names and faces on the main cast it wouldn't have been RE at all.

There were two scary moments...the Regenerators and the guy in the oven and that was it. There were tense moments, when you were surrounded, but they weren't scary.

Comment

oh yeah, this is gonna be so awesome. Resi 5, please rock my socks.

Comment

I dont know what to say. It looks like the only person that thinks that RE5 gonna be a great game is Dot50Cal. So tell me people are you gonna buy it, play it and then tell it's a crap and that RE4 was much better? And when there gonna be a RE6 everything gonna happen again? For some reason I'Am sure this will happen.
                Last edited by Nomad9026; 05-23-2008, 08:50 AM.
                "Barry never vanished from the series. It was the series that vanished from Barry. He's inside all of us. " (C) Smiley

Comment

No, I think it'll be better than four. But I don't like four much. So I'll say 2 is better.

Comment

lol i remember back in the day when my little sis and me would play RE 3 (my first RE game) and it creeped us out playing it in our dark basement lol nemesis chasing you and his theme song starting up lol.

i did the same with RE 4, played it in the basement at night. it didn't have the same effect. but maybe it's just becoming harder to scare us because we're all getting older? the old techniques will become mundane after awhile, so they had to spice it up somehow.. i think they saw how successful the sales were for RE 4 so they're just sticking to it because it's safe. and for a game that had such good ratings from several places it might be hard to top it.

i thought RE 4 was a good game; it didn't live up to the RE name, but i won't condemn the whole game because of it

Comment

Originally posted by Nomad9026 View Post
                      I dont know what to say. It looks like the only person that thinks that RE5 gonna be a great game is Dot50Cal. So tell me people are you gonna buy it, play it and then tell it's a crap and that RE4 was much better? And when there gonna be a RE6 everything gonna happen again? For some reason I'Am sure this will happen.
                      I have no doubt RE5 will be a great game. I have no doubt RE5 will be a great Resident Evil game. The problem is that alot of fans of the old style don't like the series past Code Veronica X. I don't like the Resident Evil 4 style nearly as much as the old style, but still, I did like the game (4). I'll buy it, I'll play it, and call it how I see it. And as for RE6? Let's wait until 2013...
                      sigpic

Comment

-
                        Last edited by LeechCharmer; 03-08-2009, 12:31 AM.

Comment

hey does anyone else notice the games are turning more into the RE movies? look at RE 5 and RE extinction, they're kinda similar. all action and cheap thrills

nah i can't completely say that, i'm sure it'll have a way better storyline
                          Last edited by SinValentine; 05-23-2008, 10:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by For3nsic-Klown View Post
                            I hate those Classic RE noobs, complaining about online and changes.
                            You must have an MBA in marketing for figuring out that they changes were made to garner more sales, particularly in the now-online-obsessed west.

If action is scary, I suppose I should be terrified of playing DMC and NG, particularly the latter where enemy AI is unparalled. This isn't realistic, and the games have never been about realism, unless you make use of orifices in your body to store large items.

Classic RE fans aren't noobs (noob is short for newbies), and whether in an essay of a post or a short one, the distaste of the series' direction is well explained. Read some of them over on these boards and think before posting a poor rant.
                            Last edited by Umon Daisuke; 05-23-2008, 12:07 PM.

Comment

Right...
                              RE1, 2 and 3 still scare me to this day.
                              I know, everytime that Mr. X is going to break through that wall/appear with no warning, but it scares the crap out of me!
                              And Nemesis, I nearly turn the game off out of fright.

RE4...Erm...yeah...
                              I was...9?
                              And I completed the game...without a single fright?
                              It pretty much explains the horrors dead.

Comment

lol! i remember the first time that happened with mr x ah the memories

Comment

Working...
                                X