Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• May 31st Countdown on residentevil.com

Updated
    I've found a few URL's on the site. Two of them are videos. One has a villager approaching the bus and appearing to have a conversation with someone who isn't visible (not even there?) and then he leaves. The second is the camera being dropped to the ground. You can view a full list of the URL's on the second page of this topic.
    End Update

The official Resident Evil site has been updated to show a screenshot from Resident Evil 5 of a dielectric bus. In the center of the screen is a 72 hour countdown.

In other news, Capcoms recent financial reports held a hidden gem. Resident Evil 5 is set to release world-wide in Capcoms fiscal year of 2008, which goes a bit into 2009.

Thanks to ElusionM for giving us the heads up!
    Last edited by Dot50Cal; 05-24-2008, 03:13 PM.

Ooh, interesting. Xmas 2008 release? Fingers crossed

Comment

The site has some code displayed at the bottom. I think this might be a "hack it!" site, so start snooping around their source code. We might be able to find some screenshots or a trailer or something.

Comment

No problem.
        And I pretty much agree. That is a new hidden gem, that they just updated without publicizing it.
        The "code" you are talking about, has Javascript and other coding in it. Either it's just a random coding they out in for nothing, or you are right, it's a secret code to hack.

But the left and the right are shadowed, so it gets kind of hard to read over.

Not to mention, isn't it fishy that Capcom took down EVERYTHING they had ont he site before, and just put this one wallpaper up with a countdown? That is, save for the chance that Resident Evil 5 is just their top priority right now.
        Last edited by ElusionM; 05-24-2008, 12:51 PM.

Comment

Can anyone locate the URL for the bus image? Its not saved inside the SWF file.

Comment

There are two countdown swfs:
            Welcome to the official site of the Resident Evil videogame franchise.

Welcome to the official site of the Resident Evil videogame franchise.

The bottom one is 300 some KB, so the bus image may be inside that but decompiling the swf shows no images.
            Last edited by Dot50Cal; 05-24-2008, 01:01 PM.

Comment

Same here. Nothing shown up after the decompilation.

Comment

The 300KB is coming from the PNG frame, so the bus image must be referenced somewhere. Try and find the URL. Also, there is no audio inside this swf. Find the source for that, and I bet you find the source for the bus image.
                Last edited by Dot50Cal; 05-24-2008, 01:10 PM.

Comment

If you type residentevil.com/images/ you get a forbidden message, not the usual 404.

Could be under there? I have no idea about these things

Comment

Most likely, yes. Capcom has put a 403 on all their folders now. In the old days its how we sniffed out info/screens early but they wised up now. If you zoom in, it only shows a certain portion of the swf. Maybe they are using frames to an extent to throw off a full harvest of the site?
                    Last edited by Dot50Cal; 05-24-2008, 01:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MattJon View Post
                      If you type residentevil.com/images/ you get a forbidden message, not the usual 404.

Could be under there? I have no idea about these things
                      Yeah, I had tried that as well. That's when access to a certain part of a server/site is forbidden to the average website viewer.

Unless that's the database where they have the images, I see no reason as to why it should be forbidden.

Let me try to decompile it again.

Comment

I found their time server code:
                        HTML Code:
                        <config>
                        	<endDate>2008/05/31</endDate>
                        	<endTime>21:30:00</endTime>
                        	<startDate>2008/05/24</startDate>
                        	<startTime>17:30:00</startTime>
                        	<timeserver>http://www.capcom.com/gmt/</timeserver>
                        	<offset>8</offset>
                        	<embed><!&#91;CDATA&#91;<script src="http://www.residentevil.com/js/re_bp.js" type="text/javascript"></script>]]></embed>
                        </config>
                        So it ends May 31st 2008 at 21:30 ? That is a bit more than 72 hours

Also, it looks like the battery is set to change as the days go on, gradually losing power.

HTML Code:
                            function setBatteryStatus()
                            {
                                var _l2 = timer_mc.getDaysLeft();
                                if (_l2 > 3)
                                {
                                    record_mc.gotoAndStop(1);
                                }
                                else if (_l2 < 0)
                                {
                                    record_mc.gotoAndStop(1);
                                }
                                else
                                {
                                    battery_mc.gotoAndStop("day" + _l2);
                                    record_mc.play();
                        Last edited by Dot50Cal; 05-24-2008, 01:33 PM.

Comment

The time-sever(http://www.capcom.com/gmt/) reads the data otherwise.
                          But if it set to end May 31st 2008 at 21:30 , then what is the 72hr countdown for? Because that is around only half of the time it will be by May 31st 2008 at 21:30.

Is that implying there will be new content on that very page in between the time today and May 31st 2008 at 21:30? Meaning, it about 62 more hours, the page should be updated with new content if their countdown is accurate and not mistaken for May 31st 2008 in 72hrs.

Comment

Found everything..wow. I might have to shut this topic down til I can download the site contents..

Be patient, I'll post my findings when its all dled.
                            Last edited by Dot50Cal; 05-24-2008, 01:39 PM.

Comment

Sounds good!

Comment

Working...
                              X