Captivate 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Captivate 2008

According to Giant Bomb's Jeff Gerstmann, Capcom's Captivate 2008 event is running today. The event is embargoed until next week though, so expect news to hit on June 1st from the show.

Well it is a little unexpected for me, but it is a good news. Let's wait for something interesting in june and not only the new trailer.
    "Barry never vanished from the series. It was the series that vanished from Barry. He's inside all of us. " (C) Smiley

Comment

Where is Captivate 2008? Japan or the US? And will that effect what time the embargo is lifted?
      sigpic

Comment

Obviously after the GT new trailer reveal. They've released some bits early from the event, like the confirmation that SFIV is coming to consoles.... probably because it would have been like DUH otherwise (and some screens of RE5 again, which popped up again on Kotaku after the stuff the other day).

I'm just hoping for the people there that it's not just a trailer, but either a demo is shown to them or allowed for them to play.
        Last edited by Rombie; 05-28-2008, 07:48 AM.

Comment

There was a Captivate 2008 directory on Capcom's PR FTP which was last modified on May 23, 2008 last time I checked... Access, however, was restricted

Comment

Originally posted by TheSelfishGene View Post
            Where is Captivate 2008?
            Las Vegas

Comment

Jeff.....Gerstmann?
              I HATE JEFF GERSTMANN!!!111!!ONE!
              He gave Twilight Princess an 8.9/10!

The Devil wears Prada, indeed. Except even in her old age, Meryl Streep is much hotter than Jeff Gerstmann.

On topic, this is one more reason to make me wish I lived in Las Vegas.

Comment

So? Twilight Princess was not THAT THAT good that it HAD to get more than a 8.9.
                I personally give it like an 8.5.

Comment

I gave it a 9. He insulted me.

Comment

Gerstmann is a dick, but that said the whole GameSpot incident wasn't awesome either. I haven't ever liked any of his reviews for years (he gave the original Metal Gear Solid a massively low score and I've basically avoided taking anything from him seriously since).

Comment

The person who says that MGS is not great must be burned alive! It's just means that this person's opinion is not objective or he is crasy So just forget about him.
                      "Barry never vanished from the series. It was the series that vanished from Barry. He's inside all of us. " (C) Smiley

Comment

Twilight princess = around 85% from me. Definately not past 90%
                        I won't play MGS. I tracked down a copy of The Twin Snakes, at great expense, and really don't like it. I heard its the worst one, but it's put me off the series. My brothers love the other games, but theyve failed to convince me.
                        sigpic

Comment

The Twin Snakes is tuly the worst part of all. So You have not missed anything, try original MGS insted.
                          Iam afraid it sounds like offtop in this topic.
                          Last edited by Nomad9026; 05-30-2008, 08:41 AM.

Comment

I liked the Cyborg Ninja's fighting scenes from MGS:TS more than the ones in MGS... Then again, I am a ninja fan so perhaps the more exposure was the ticket?

Comment

Originally posted by Project Omega View Post
                              I liked the Cyborg Ninja's fighting scenes from MGS:TS more than the ones in MGS... Then again, I am a ninja fan so perhaps the more exposure was the ticket?
                              The ninja was the only thing that got the benefit of the scenes in TTS, but everyone else was WAY over the top for normal.

I've since put away my grudge against the game because it has been noted that Kitamura's original intended cutscenes stayed fairly close to the originals and Kojima asked him not to do it and instead make it like his usual work - over the top.

Going back to the review, the review was originally a 7.something and in one of those classic cases of GameSpot rejigging their scores, it was changed to an 8.5. The text content of the review never changed and Gerstmann spends the whole time basically complaining without saying much positive about the game.... which is odd especially considering the damn thing then kept appearing in, among other sources as well, a huge number of GameSpots features recommending the game and stating that it was the must own game for the PlayStation.

Comment

Working...
                              X