Official Resident Evil 5 Site Goes Live

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Resident Evil 5 Site Goes Live

The official site for Resident Evil 5 has been uploaded. The site seems to be getting hammered quite a bit so loading the page will be slow. The site has two trailers including the just released one, Some low resolution screenshots which we've seen before as well as two "wallpapers" which have some text overlayed on them. Below is an excerpt from the about page:

The biohazard threat has not ended: Just when it seemed that the menace of Resident Evil had been destoryed, along comes a new terror to send shivers down player's spines. Chris Redfield, returning Resident Evil hero, has followed the pas of the evil litterally around the globe. After joining a new organization, Chris heads to Africa where the latest bioterrorism threat is literally transforming the people and animals of the city into mindless, maddened creatures. Chris must take on the challenge of discovering the turth behind this evil plot. In Resident Evil 5, Capcom will teach players to fear the daylight as much as they have feared shadow in previous games.
    Theres been a major screw-up by Capcom, They've uploaded the pre-release wallpapers with text displayed over them explaining how to photoshop them to look better. It reveals the new female characters name to be "Sheva" and a new black male characters name to be "Josh".

Official Resident Evil 5 Site
    Last edited by Dot50Cal; 05-31-2008, 05:32 AM.

Maybe that's "Sheva" too on the wallpaper - the "l"-like letter might be really "h".

And those "wallpapers" are interesting...

Comment

Yeah, I took a little better look and it does look like Sheva.

Comment

I don't believe it's been a balls up on Capcom's part. They're going to employ some of the best, most expensive web developers around, not the sort who're going to create the preview images of the wallpapers and then put the wrong thing up twice.

Comment

maybe they were meant to be put on the website as wall papers?

Comment

It seems a very odd way to release information on characters, though. I guess the question will be answered if the wallpapers vanish again in short order.

Comment

-
              Last edited by LeechCharmer; 03-08-2009, 12:34 AM.

Comment

Who is Josh? another partner?

Comment

No other info on him right now. At a guess I'd say he's a Luis style NPC for some extra shotting and story stuff, not a full partner.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Stu View Post
                    I don't believe it's been a balls up on Capcom's part. They're going to employ some of the best, most expensive web developers around, not the sort who're going to create the preview images of the wallpapers and then put the wrong thing up twice.
                    If Capcom ballsed up with the Okami Wii Cover *Which if you look on the bottom right of the image actually has the IGN watermark on it as Capcom US didn't get the actual master copy for the logo and instead ripped an IGN image*, they can easily balls up with something like this.

Comment

Theres no way this is intentional. Its non-final PR shots. Why the HELL would they say stuff like "fix the smoke FX" or "show the Beretta outline"? It makes no sense. Its production notes to the person who took the captures. I'd go as far as to say that these were meant for press screenshots, not wallpapers. Someone goofed up bigtime. They aren't even in a proper wallpaper aspect ratio with those ugly borders.
                      Last edited by Dot50Cal; 05-31-2008, 06:31 AM.

Comment

I think is intentional, some comments don´t make any sense and have nothing to do with making a propper wallpaper, this is some kind of joke but how knows.

Sheva looks awesome in that wallpaper.

Comment

Hi all, im new!

Anyways, these wallpapers have to be intentional! I personally believe Capcom are far too smart to release these in error!! Regardless anyway, we should be happy they did. It seems these wallpapers release more info than the actual trailer - the new female characters name, Sheva.. a new character Josh? AND the blonde girl from the trailer in action?!!!
                          Last edited by Dot50Cal; 05-31-2008, 06:43 AM.

Comment

So you really think they'd be mentioning textures, lighting errors, and generally shitting on their screenshots? No guys, seriously, just no. Capcom has a history of fucking things up like this. The Okami Wii boxart has an IGN logo in it and less recently they had a picture which damn near showed Ashleys private parts on the Japanese Bio 4 website which was quickly removed.

"Will check the facial features on the next test"
                            Good lord. I really hope you guys are joking.

Anyway, the shots show a pointer to Sheva's tattoo saying "Adj" and Chris' equipment pack is referred to as "Adj" as well. Perhaps its the company / group that Sheva is working for?
                            Last edited by Dot50Cal; 05-31-2008, 06:54 AM.

Comment

I think that's rather abbreviation of "adjust" ;)

Comment

Working...
                              X