• Show
Clear All

What a stupid marketing idea..lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
      ...they can't be serious.

Comment

They did it on purpose after-all.
        Last edited by ElusionM; 01-13-2009, 06:01 PM.

Comment

Maybe they are, I don't know. Could it have been a fuck up that they are claiming is intentional? Maybe, but regardless its probably the worst marketing move I've ever seen by a company. Especially when you see that they have released the "fixed" screenshot on the official site, while the wallpaper one lacks any of the fixes and generally look like shit.

Comment

No Dot, it was intentional. It's just viral marketing in one of it's stranger 'guises, that's all.

Comment

Whats viral about it? Its on the official RE5 website, lol. Why do we need to know the map name prefixes? That Sheva's tattoo needs to be raised up for the bullshot? That the Beretta needs to be better defined? It makes absolutely zero sense.

Comment

It says that there are still hell of a work to do before releasing the game. Thats the only thing that came to my mind.
                "Barry never vanished from the series. It was the series that vanished from Barry. He's inside all of us. " (C) Smiley

Comment

In my opinion, the purpose of these wallpapers is to actually give us a bit more information than we may get from regular wallpapers..

For example, from the two wallpapers alone, we got that the female companion's name was Sheva, that there is another new character in the game, Josh, and also that the blonde girl will be running around with Chris and some point in the game.

I think its a very clever way of releasing information!!

Comment

I think they used them as both a way to show the scrutiny of the work they are doing, their attention to detail and such, and as a way to give us a few tiny tidbits of information. They know that for a next gen game, it has to be good enough to stand up to titles currently out and what will be released around the same time.
                    sigpic
                    Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

I'm thinking it was to make people go "omg look at the stuff ups on residentevil.com!", which just generates sizzle.

It's like when Noel Ghallager says Oasis are bigger than the Beatles, or when Lennon said the Beatles were bigger than Christ. Both aren't true, but it got their faces in the papers either way.
                      sigpic

Comment

Hey DOT, what's up with the next under my name?
                        Lol, you trying to make fun of me?

Comment

Originally posted by ElusionM View Post
                          Hey DOT, what's up with the next under my name?
                          Lol, you trying to make fun of me?
                          But you were right, they did it on purpose!

Comment

To be fair, it was a bit worse of a tag (pointing fun at him a bit, how he was constantly saying that it was done on purpose ahah). I've changed it to make it a rib on me now, since he was right afterall ;D

Comment

I'm not allowed it the website,even when I lied about my age.But seriously,what classification code is this game going to get?I assumed MA15

Comment

You have to be 18 or older to visit this site.
                                "Barry never vanished from the series. It was the series that vanished from Barry. He's inside all of us. " (C) Smiley

Comment

Working...
                                X