Leftovers from Captivate 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leftovers from Captivate 2008

Archelon informed us that theres been a Gamespot video interview with Takeuchi. I've given it a look and there isn't much new information besides the fact that Takeuchi says Redfield(s), as in plural. So perhaps theres a chance we see Claire in the game. A summary of the info is below:
    • Takeuchi insists that this is not the sequel to Resident Evil 4, its an individual Resident Evil game (he wants to say that they didn't "phone it in" and are making the game as different from Resident Evil 4 as possible).
    • The game is much more "active" than Resident Evil 4.
    • One of the goals for the game is to solve all the mysteries and loose ends that have surrounded Chris Redfield and to figure out what had been going on in the past games.
    • We wanted to show the origins of the various viruses that have appeared in the series. That was touched upon in Code: Veronica.
    • One of the main plotlines in the game is the Progenitor virus. How it was developed, where it came from, and how it reached the virus we know today.
    • Not all mysteries are explained from the series.
    • It will not only center around the Redfields but it will go into the origin of the Progenitor virus.
    • The main part of the game will take place in Africa.
    • Simultaneous release on 360/PS3
    • E3 - New "elements" of the game will be shown (co-op?)

In addition, I've added HD,SD and Streaming videos of the new trailer. You can check them out at the Resident Evil 5 videos page which is linked below. Finally, this is a reminder that E3 is fast approaching us. I didn't even realize it myself, but its only 42 days away! So look forward to more coverage of Resident Evil 5 and possibly a new Resident Evil title to be announced

Kotaku has an article up in which they interview Takeuchi. One of the points that they focused on was the racism fiasco that happened during the last trailers release. Takeuchi insists that the game was not changed in any way due to the unwarranted outcry.

Gamespot's Takeuchi Interview
    Resident Evil 5 Videos Page
    Kotaku Interview
    Last edited by Dot50Cal; 06-03-2008, 06:22 PM.

Awesome info, Dot. Thanks for the update!

Comment

Awesome info!
      Thanks for the update.
      Keep it update.

Btw, unless you already answered it another post, what's up with the text/link under my name? Lol.
      Last edited by ElusionM; 06-03-2008, 05:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
        One of the goals for the game is to solve all the mysteries and loose ends that have surrounded Chris Redfield and to figure out what had been going on in the past games.
        Didn't RE Zero and UC try doing that? And we all know how well that worked out

Comment

I already did answer, Just ribbing you

I added the trailers to the site. Sorry for the delay on that.

Comment

Redfield(s). Plural makes me very happy. Hopefully the other heroes will get some back story too. Not all mysteries will be answered....RE6 maybe? Most like since Ada and her mysterious Organization will need to be dealt with.
            sigpic
            Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

The story is getting somewhat complicated with all these sub-plots; this is probably on purpose so that they can make spin off games to explain various sub-plots. Atleast that's what I hope happens.

More Resident Evil games in the works makes me happy. Of course not to the point where the story is crap and the games are all different versions of the same game with a new name (as seen with Street Fighter and Mega Man, no offense guys, but honestly, it's the same game with a twist here and and a tweak there).

Comment

Yes but you cannot compare Street Fighter or Megaman to Resident Evil in the sense that the early RE games all play similar and it was fun just like the Mega and SF games are still fun. Where as I still believe the RE series is clearly more plot driven in a more realistic world setting then the others. Yes Megaman has a plot, but intill the X series it was not mentioned quite as much. Yet the gameplay sold me on megaman. Where as I was 9 when I first played RE2 and the controls were akward to me but I wanted to hear the plot of the g virus. Good Times in both cases though.

Comment

I wasn't comparing the three to each other. I was just saying that if Capcom hypothetically created spin off games to explain sub-plots then I was just hoping that they wouldn't be the same game with just a different story and reskinned characters and some updated backgrounds... As was the case with most SF and MM games (Capcom has deviated from this though in recent years as seen with the awesomness in SF4 and games like Mega Man legends which is one of my Top 50 favorite games).

Comment

Why is nobody highlighting how they constantly refer to it as the 'Progenitor virus', but, in the trailer, it's obvious that it's a RE4-esque parasite being shoved down the man's throat and infecting the other villagers? Perhaps the P-Virus is in the game, too. There is that worm thing at the end with some black gloop dropping on the left side, but that could just be blood.

Comment

^Wtf?
                      Are you on crack?

The Plagas was a TINY EGG that MUST be injected. Go lookat the NEW virus again. Look at it's big size. It's looks. The tentacles around it. The razor teeth.

NOTHING LIKE THE PLAGAS.

Comment

What you smoking? They do the head explode with big tentacle just like in RE4. You don't infect someone with a virus by shoving a big parasite looking thing down their throat.

Comment

I didn't see any heads explode. They were coming out of their mouthes to attack Chris, unhinging their jaws like snakes.

What I always thought was interesting about the plagas was that it really didn't have anything to do with Umbrella's viruses. Luis was Wesker's spy, and even then he failed pretty hard. ("I think I saw a sample of the virus at the station." ---> Why would a Spanish police station have a T-Virus sample?) The parasites were found and then experimented on by Saddler. Of course...I could be wrong.
                          sigpic
                          Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

Originally posted by U and S View Post
                            What you smoking? They do the head explode with big tentacle just like in RE4. You don't infect someone with a virus by shoving a big parasite looking thing down their throat.
                            Really?
                            There was no head "exploding". That was the African, AT WILL, pulling out his "thing" in that underground scene.

The infection in RE5=/=Plagas.

Comment

1 minute 11 seconds into the Captivate trailer:

(note I increased contrast on the tentacle area)

You see his head explode -- fragments of his skull etc spread in a blast radius -- then this giant tenticle comes out; in a similiar style the Ganados in RE4.
                              Last edited by U and S; 06-03-2008, 10:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X