Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barely any similarities at all.
    20 feet compared to 6 feet.
    2 inch diameter, compared to about 12 inches diameter.

The list goes on and on.

Oh, and DOT, stop ribbing me ow. Lol, take it off.
    Last edited by ElusionM; 06-03-2008, 10:52 PM.

Comment

A virus is a microscopic, non-living thing. What they shove down the villager's throat is a large with moving (i.e alive) tentacles. Also, the things that come out of the villagers' mouths appear NOT to be part of their bodies, but some form of seperate parasitic organism (could it be that big, living thing they shoved down their throats? Duh... ).

p.s: I checked the HD resolution Captivate08 trailer and, in the dark tunnel, his head DOES expode.
      Last edited by U and S; 06-03-2008, 11:18 PM.

Comment

No need to get so heated guys Can you word your posts more politely now? Anyway, if you recall Lisa Trevor, she had first been injected with cocktails of viruses before bonding with the NE-T Parasite (thats the abbreviation, right?). Any other host who took the parasite died within minutes. She only survived because her body was conditioned with viruses. Perhaps the same is done here?

I changed your tag to a more pleasing one ;P If anything its a rib at me now ahaha.

Comment

Whos to say the Virus wasnt extracted from one of these bug things?

Comment

Perhaps they are the result of the same type of experimentations Marcus was doing with leeches in RE0? That did afterall lead to the discovery of the T-Virus. The way they made that axe carrying guy sound like a Nemesis in this game really has me happy. I'd wanted them to do that style of game where an enemy could break into the map at any point in time to chase you ever since 3.
            Last edited by Dot50Cal; 06-03-2008, 11:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ElusionM View Post
              Really?
              There was no head "exploding". That was the African, AT WILL, pulling out his "thing" in that underground scene.
              I lol'd... I read that completely out of context

Anyways...

Barely any similarities at all.
              20 feet compared to 6 feet.
              2 inch diameter, compared to about 12 inches diameter.
              The list goes on and on.
              He said "RE4-esque", as in there's some similarities, not "exactly like the plagas from RE4"

Both are parasites, both cause some sort of internal bleeding, both make villagers into crazy villagers, both have head-popping-what-the-eff-is-that-thing action.

They share the same basic concept behind them. That's what makes them similar.

So, yeah, both of you just chill.

Comment

It's 1 minute 15 into the trailer. You clearly see the head explode and skull fragments spread in a blast radius. Very clearly.

The whole reason Wesker wanted the parasite in RE4 was because he complained about how stupid the virus infected zombies were in comparison. He wanted more intelligent, and more importantly, controlable monsters. These Africa villagers are showing the signs of intelligence exhibited by the Ganados.

I, like Dot50Cal, am under the assumption that they maybe infected with a virus AND parasite, like with Nemesis and Lisa Trevor.

Update: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/34715.html

Listen 1:39 min into it. He refers to it as a 'parasite'.
                Last edited by U and S; 06-04-2008, 12:52 AM.

Comment

One of the goals for the game is to solve all the mysteries and loose ends that have surrounded Chris Redfield and to figure out what had been going on in the past games.
                  Mysteries that surrounded Chris? Chris isn't Wesker. He is not a mysterious character.

Comment

Didn't they say that not all mysteries would be cleared up by the end? I doubt they'd do that anyway since that would be compressing waaaay too many plotlines into one game. Like I've said, Degeneration will probably help clear some things up, but that is still three years before RE5 takes place.
                    sigpic
                    Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

The villagers are infected with a parasite. No doubt there. And given it's nature it looks to be a mutated Las Plagas. At a guess I'd say Las Plagas infected with the Progenetor Virus. The other main possibility I can see is a Parasite similar to the Nemesis Parasite.

The game is sounding more interesting. I like the fact they're moving away from RE4 as much as possible. Now if only they'd show it in a trailer I could muster more than academic interest...

Comment

Man, I really love the sound of Chris' pistol. Evokes that same joy that Leon's did in RE4 ;)

Comment

The idea that this creatures are mutated plagas sounds true to me. They took plaga did some experiments to it and ta da we have that thing from RE5 though it seams that developers were under the deep impresion of Faculty either. Some ideas were took directly from this movie. Well the only thing for us now is to wait for E3 and to discus information that we already have.
                          "Barry never vanished from the series. It was the series that vanished from Barry. He's inside all of us. " (C) Smiley

Comment

ehmm... In which part of the interview does Takeuchi say that only a part of the game will take place in africa? As far as I understand (english it's not my mother tongue) he says that there are different place and locations (but iside africa...).

What are the exact words from minute 4:05 regarding what is going to be unveiled on E3? I can't understand... Sometimes I need subtitles....
                            Last edited by Petronio; 06-04-2008, 03:13 AM.

Comment

No idea haven't watched it yet, but it is said on the main page in the last news.
                              "Barry never vanished from the series. It was the series that vanished from Barry. He's inside all of us. " (C) Smiley

Comment

Originally posted by Nomad9026 View Post
                                No idea haven't watched it yet, but it is said on the main page in the last news.
                                I know. but i want to know the words T. used. Just for a listening exercise.

Comment

Working...
                                X