Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: *Update* Biohazard 5 Trailer - Censored (contains new scenes!)

#27 Mr. X
    Last edited by doomed; 06-05-2008 at 06:37 PM.

What happened to the "active" zombies? You know the ones who ran and tried to tackle you down from the extended trailer. These new zombies are slow and don't seem as hyper as the other trailers. New enemies don't seem as hard when they dont run. Just reminds me of the Mercaneries in RE4. Is the parasite to blame?

War Horse Uranium

Doomed, sorry to hear you are having trouble. I suppose it could be the fact that a lot of people are downloading off the server, and it interrupts your connection as more people hop on to download it. What speed do you usually get from the site?

#27 Mr. X

I usually get the max of my connection: 100-107KB/s (1Mbps internet connection)

I was finally able to download the whole file!!!
    I feel exhausted!

Would it be possible to enable a "resume" function in the future? Is a server that supports this feature more expensive?

/noob question

War Horse Uranium

I'm pretty sure our server does support resuming downloads.

#27 Mr. X

Unfortunately it doesn't..

War Horse Uranium

I'll look into it, but its unlikely I can change that. Sorry

Edit: I am fixing this now. Sorry, it was our download.php which was causing this. I'm converting all our download links to the new format which erases this hideous error ;)
    Last edited by Dot50Cal; 06-05-2008 at 08:50 PM.

An Old-Fashioned Cowboy Archelon's Avatar

Has anyone else had problems playing this? All of the other videos I've downloaded from this site have been perfectly fine, but this one skips and freezes like crazy. I've been using VLC media player for all of the videos, but this is the only one I've had problems with so far.

War Horse Uranium

Did you grab the HD version? If so your PC might not be up to spec to play it. Also, the transitions are very harsh in this version, since they cut away to black often to censor the scenes so maybe thats what you are seeing.
    Last edited by Dot50Cal; 06-05-2008 at 09:10 PM.

An Old-Fashioned Cowboy Archelon's Avatar

That's what it was. My comp can't handle the HD version. Thanks for the heads up.

You know, a few weeks ago I read an article on IGN listing their "Top 10 Favorite X-Files Standalone Episodes" (here's the link for anyone interested: http://tv.ign.com/articles/870/870608p1.html). Anyway, as I was watching the new RE5 trailer, I couldn't help but be reminded of this quote from their description of the episode entitled "Detour":

The one side effect of these standalones is that you start to think that, if even outside the show's ongoing conspiracy, Scully and Mulder still face the unknown and supernaturally deadly – we're all totally f*@!ed.
    It just seemed relevant to the events of RE4 and, now, RE5.
    Last edited by Archelon; 06-05-2008 at 09:44 PM.

sick my next paycheck = 360 or PS3...im not sure what to get...

Sadistic Medicine

I've got a 360 since I bought it for my brother on his birthday. I'd like a ps3 for myself, but they are still a bit too pricey for me at the moment. Blu-ray would kick ass though.

War Horse Uranium

Well if the co-op rumors are true, I'd definitely like to play with some of you

Yeah, THIA team kicks zombies ass! that sounds good to me.
    "Barry never vanished from the series. It was the series that vanished from Barry. He's inside all of us. " (C) Smiley

War Horse Uranium

So I'm gonna go ahead and ask that no more links from "PSU" be posted here on the boards. Not only do they make up stories to get hits but they can't even be arsed to take their own screen captures.
    http://ps3.psu.com/Resident-Evil-5-S...il-5__g240.php

They cropped out logo off and slapped theirs on, lol. Its not that I care about the watermark, but I think it shows their integrity quite well. So please, no more news posts containing links to them.

#27 Mr. X

Quote Originally Posted by Dot50Cal View Post
    I'll look into it, but its unlikely I can change that. Sorry

Edit: I am fixing this now. Sorry, it was our download.php which was causing this. I'm converting all our download links to the new format which erases this hideous error ;)
    Thanks John, I tested it and now I can indeed resume my downloads. No more broken downloads for me!!!

War Horse Uranium

Great to hear

Quote Originally Posted by Dot50Cal View Post
    So I'm gonna go ahead and ask that no more links from "PSU" be posted here on the boards. Not only do they make up stories to get hits but they can't even be arsed to take their own screen captures.
    http://ps3.psu.com/Resident-Evil-5-S...il-5__g240.php

They cropped out logo off and slapped theirs on, lol. Its not that I care about the watermark, but I think it shows their integrity quite well. So please, no more news posts containing links to them.
    Ah, lazy cheapasses. Was it so hard to make screens of them own!? Anyway it only proves that THIA is belived to be the respective sourse of RE info, and that is why everybody try to steal it from here
    "Barry never vanished from the series. It was the series that vanished from Barry. He's inside all of us. " (C) Smiley

So, I was thinking. RE5 could be a lot more like previous resident evil games. I might be a lot less straight forward as RE4 was. I like how we are back into an urban-like enviroment. In RE4 it was just dots of houses separated by forest and mountains. Now we are surrounded by buildings and are in the streets and alleys like RE3. This could make the game scarier, and way less straight forward with more exploration.

Overly Old School

I agree, it has more potential than RE4. The fact it's supposedly less linear is a great thing. Now, if they can combine masses of enemies with scares and throw us a few good puzzles it might be a great RE. My only concern is so far all we've really seen is the masses of enemies.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information