1UP Interviews Takeuchi, Download sections updated, New Wallpapers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1UP Interviews Takeuchi, Download sections updated, New Wallpapers

1UP has posted their Interview from the Captivate 2008 event. It contains a number of good questions and it seems like the reporter (Garnet Lee) had the most understanding of the series out of all the interviews that have been presented. A quick summary of the points is below:
    • The reason for Africa was chosen as the setting was because in Code Veronica it is revealed that Africa was the origin of the progenitor virus. The team had little choice in the setting since this was already and established fact.
    • The timeline of the game it takes shortly after Resident Evil 4. 10 years since Resident Evil 1.
    • You'll find out what exactly happened to Umbrella.
    • Chris is no longer in S.T.A.R.S., which is now dis-banded. He is in a new organization, with the abbreviation B.S.A.A.
    • The light areas of the game will focus more on action while the dark areas will showcase the horror.
    • The "key word" for Sheva is "E3".
    • The fundamentals of the enemy AI is from Resident Evil 4, as its the same programmer who did the Resident Evil 4 system. Though it will obviously be improved.
    • In the full game you will see more clever enemies than you saw in the trailer.

Thanks to Archelon for letting us know!

In site-related news, I've updated our download system so that it now supports resume functions. There have been numerous other improvements, but its mostly back-end stuff to make the site run better.

Finally, I've posted an updated wallpaper from THIA's past. Made by Ice[DDZ], the wallpaper focused on Chris during the Code: Veronica X release. I've updated it so that it now has HD resolutions, so head on over to the wallpaper page to check it out. *Update* I've added another remade wallpaper. This one is of James Marcus and was created around the time Resident Evil 0 was released. Of course, its been updated for the HD era now so check it out at the wallpapers page.

1UP's Takeuchi Interview
    Wallpaper Section
    Last edited by Dot50Cal; 06-07-2008, 07:35 AM.

Looks like Sheva will be getting a lot more history then.

.....still hoping we find out about Jill and the others.
    sigpic
    Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

Nice update Dot50cal.
      I really like the "Umbrella" part.

And great wallpaper. Already set as my background wallpaper. Awesome.

Comment

If theres someone who can go through every download page and make sure that every download/stream link goes to the proper video i'd be eternally greatful. Enough so that you'd get a custom title of your choosing ;).

Comment

^Negative.
          The Stream Links for the first 10 RE5 videos have been raped.

Comment

Ahaha, well we dont have site-wide streaming available yet. If the text isn't a link, then its not implemented yet for that particular video

Comment

Oh, I thought it was a broken link.
              Sometimes in coding, if left unclosed, the links just become normal text.

But.....*yawns*......I'll check the rest in the morning. Really tired from the gym.
              And don't think I'm doing this for the title thing. Just doing it as a favor.

Comment

Its appreciated

Comment

I went ahead and added another wallpaper remake. I'll eventually get to those RE3 ones but for now I'm focusing on the ones which aren't so difficult to re-create.

Comment

Interesting interview (with a nice insightive VP) and a neat wallpaper as well.

Comment

Shevas "key word" is E3?
                      Guess we know when we're going to learn more info on her.
                      I can't wait to find out what B.S.A.A. stands for. Maybe it does mean "Barrys Super Awesome Army".

Comment

Originally posted by LeonsBuddyDave View Post
                        Shevas "key word" is E3?
                        Guess we know when we're going to learn more info on her.
                        I can't wait to find out what B.S.A.A. stands for. Maybe it does mean "Barrys Super Awesome Army".
                        I'd join Barry's army any day. I hope they explain the founding of BSAA too and not just what it stands for.
                        sigpic
                        Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

I'm impressed by the detailed coverage of all RE 5 news by this site. Good job
                          Last edited by doomed; 06-07-2008, 02:05 PM.

Comment

• You'll find out what exactly happened to Umbrella.
                            • Chris is no longer in S.T.A.R.S., which is now dis-banded. He is in a new organization, with the abbreviation B.S.A.A.

mhhh.... sometime I don't understand what cross Takeuchi's mind
                            Jun did you ever heard about Umbrella Chronicles???

Comment

^And did that time ever come to your brain when you didn't understand the BS that you thought of or said?

Because UC does not explain what "exactly" happens to Umbrella f.y.i.
                              It just says "Umbrella is finished by Chris/Jill/Wesker".

Now, we will truly learned what happened to it, how many people left running it were left, where were the last branches of it, it or if not it was transported to Africa, if or if not Africa is the the place where Umbrella resides now.

And SO MANY other things.

Comment

Working...
                              X