No announcement yet.

1UP Interviews Takeuchi, Download sections updated, New Wallpapers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

uh uh I understand .... Takeuchi is saying that UC is an useless game... mhh good! I'm glad to see I've lost 50euro only for discover the umbrella's end. relax I'm joking.
    UC explains a lot of think, after the ending the real Wesker role.... but you're right, for example It doesen't explain where is Spencer.

Anyway, we (who played UC) already know that Chris is no longer in S.T.A.R.S....

Comment

I felt that some people might not know that fact Sunglasses, so I went ahead and just summarized all the info he said, regardless if it has been known or not.

Comment

We knew Chris is not S.T.A.R.S. since after RE1. Chris resigns in the upcoming weeks after the Mansion Incident.

And Takeuchi is not saying UC is useless. He is just "actually" doing, and finishing, the concept and tasks that the lazy, retarded UC team had left hanging. They started such a good story and concept, yet due to laziness and idiocy, ruined it all.

Comment

He was wearing a STARS vest/outfit in Code Veronica.
          Last edited by Dot50Cal; 06-08-2008, 05:31 PM.

Comment

@Dot50cal
            I understand, mine was only a quizzical thought

@Elusion
            Takeuchi is saying that UC is an useless game... mhh good!
            Ehi I was joking.... ok I'm realising the I have a bad "humor"

But in CV he was wearing a stars outfit...

EDIT: but if i remember right, Jill's diary saiys that Chris resigns soon after the mansion incident...WTF?
            Last edited by Sunglasses; 06-08-2008, 05:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
              He was wearing a STARS vest/outfit in Code Veronica.
              He was just honoring his friends deaths. What's that word for this again? I forgot.

Originally posted by Sunglasses View Post
              @Dot50cal
              I understand, mine was only a quizzical thought

@Elusion
              Takeuchi is saying that UC is an useless game... mhh good!
              Ehi I was joking.... ok I'm realising the I have a bad "humor"

But in CV he was wearing a stars outfit...

EDIT: but if i remember right, Jill's diary saiys that Chris resigns soon after the mansion incident...WTF?
              The Chris part I have already explained.
              And yes, Chris does resign after the Mansion Incident. I just said that. When they return from the Mansion, in the next few days, Chris tries to get background reports and files on Umbrella. He also starts a research time, but Irons sabotages it.

Chris tehn acts around loosely, punching one of the members in the mouth for spilling coffee on him, and then everytime he did something, he would smile at Jill. Which Jill would not understand.

Then, the day he resigns, the RPD loses all contact with Chris.

Soon after, Jill resigns, with Barry. And then she sets to find Chris, but he has already left to Europe. RE3 happens. Barry comes gets her. They both go to Europe after Chris.

That's a small summary.
              Last edited by ElusionM; 06-08-2008, 05:46 PM.

Comment

Ok Elusion, thanks... now I remember the Jill's Diary, you're right!

Comment

As stated in RE Archives, his CV STARS outfit was some kind of a gift he got when he left STARS. It was a prototype outfit.

Comment

Yeah, but it was also stated somewhere that it was to honor his comrades deaths. Damn, I can't grab that word!

Comment

For the record, neither Jill nor Chris ever officially resigned from STARS. At least not in any of the actual games, anyway. It's just kind of assumed. In fact, the only mention whatsoever of Jill quitting STARS was on the back of the CD case for the Playstation release of RE3. It doesn't even say it on the GameCube case. Don't know about the Dreamcast or PC ones, though.

By the same token, the only mention of Chris leaving STARS is in the Archives, in the description of his uniform from CODE: Veronica.

The basic costume of "RE:CV" is the same design as the STARS prototype that appears in "RE." Most likely, he received this from HQ as a test model when he left STARS.
                      I suppose one could call leaving for Europe unexpectedly "quitting," but he never formally does so, as he's on a leave of absence when he goes to Europe. It's more likely he was fired by Irons. Jill, on the other hand, "quit" STARS when Raccoon City was nuked.

Comment

Not really. It was stated somewhere "Chris resigned" and the same for Jill.
                        Let me find it again.

(Damn, if I find it again now, I am going to make sure I copy and keep it, for future reference lol).
                        Last edited by ElusionM; 06-08-2008, 06:51 PM.

Comment

From Resident Evil Archives (the book that is visible in one of the videos we have seen about RE5):
                          STARS was reduced a mere five members, and the group was disbanded shortly after they returned from the mansion. As a replacement, the RPD Select Police Force was created.

So the organization died before RE2/3.

This is Jill's Diary in Re3

"August 7th Two weeks have passed since that day. My wounds have been healed, but I just can't forget it. For most people, it's history now. But for me, whenever I close my eyes, it all comes back clearly. Zombies eating people's flesh and the screams of my teammates dying. No, the wounds in my heart are not healed yet...

August 13th Chris has been causing a lot of trouble recently. What's with him? He seldom talks to the other police members and is constantly irritated. The other day, he punched Elran of the Boy's Crime department just for accidentally splashing Chris's face with coffee. I immediately stopped Chris, but when he saw me he just gave me a wink and walked away. I wonder what happened to him...

August 15th Midnight. Chris, who has been on a leave of absence for a "vacation," called me so I visited his apartment. As soon as I walked into his room, he showed me a couple of pieces of paper. They were part of a virus research report entitled as simply as "G". Then Chris told me that, "The nightmare still continues." He went on to say that, "It's not over yet." Ever since that day, he has been fighting all by himself without rest, without even telling me...

August 24th Chris left the town today to go to Europe. Barry told me that he would send his family to Canada and then he would follow Chris. I decided to remain in Raccoon City for a while because I know that the research facility in this city will be very important to this entire case. In a month or so, I'll be joining with them somewhere in Europe. That's when my real battle begins..."

There is no mention to STARS.

I gree with Sun. T doesn't know anything about UC. At the end of the game what happened to Umbrella is really clear (and in RE4 the end of umbrella is already known from the video at the beginning of the game).
                          Also the fact that Chris is not a memeber of stars is known fact.

Another thing: In Cv there is no mention to Africa regarding the virus. All we know about Africa is written in WR2, when Wesker describes the virus Ebola. I suggest T. buying some old games before publishing RE5.
                          Last edited by Petronio; 06-09-2008, 02:00 AM.

Comment

What was explained in re4 was somewhat dealt with in UC. During the game credits when the news report is going on it talks about Umbrella losing the court cases thanks to evidence provided by an unnamed source (obviously Wesker since afterwards he was going on about how Spencer was now forced into hiding). Of course, most of the 'new facts' in UC often aren't considered canon to the rest of the story.

STARS would have been disbanded after the mansion incident anyway. They tried going to Irons about Umbrella but he was on their pay roll and wouldn't listen. Taking apart the team would be the smartest thing to do since Umbrella would just keep sending their men in to replace the others and kill off the survivors.

I hope when they explain what happened they do so at the beginning of the game like in re4, but in greater detail. Hearing bits and pieces of the backstory over the course of the game would be fine, but also slightly annoying.
                            sigpic
                            Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

Hm... Did you notised that 1UP posted RE5 release date and it says :
                              Resident evil 5 (PS3)
                              Release Date: 10/01/2008
                              1UP Grade: N/A
                              "Barry never vanished from the series. It was the series that vanished from Barry. He's inside all of us. " (C) Smiley

Comment

Originally posted by Petronio View Post
                                I gree with Sun. T doesn't know anything about UC.
                                Despite the fact that he worked on it?

Comment

Working...
                                X