Capcom USA doesn't want to bring RE0 wii to the US

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capcom USA doesn't want to bring RE0 wii to the US

It may sound weird, especially considering how the RE4 port actually did quiet well. Nintendo Everything has the scoop.

“Nothing is ever final, but we’ve been asked twice if we’ve wanted to bring it Westward and twice we’ve declined. - Christian Svensson, Capcom Entertainment Inc.” - VP of Strategic Planning & Business Development
    Source : Nintendo Everything

I actually wanted to give this a go. Looks like I'll have to get a NTSC-J Wii after all...

Comment

What?!?! Capcoms neglecting another chance to make extra cash off an unoriginal port?

Maybe they're giving more effort towards RE5 than we thought: They don't want to give up any team members to work on translation.

Comment

That or they think it'll be bad for publicity to have yet another port of a game rather than a new game. I suspect it might make it over after RE5 has been released.

Comment

The reason is simply, fans don't want this port:
          I'm not being restrained because I don't want to hear the griping about Capcom's "ports". We've listened to the community at-large on this particular issue.

this news proves that sometime Capcom hears fans

Comment

Originally posted by LeonsBuddyDave View Post
            What?!?! Capcoms neglecting another chance to make extra cash off an unoriginal port?

Maybe they're giving more effort towards RE5 than we thought: They don't want to give up any team members to work on translation.
            RE5 has nothing to do with CapcomUSA not wanting to bring over RE0

Comment

I hope the game works fine with the freeloader but I can understand why Capcom doesn´t want to bring it to USA or Europe. The initial reaction to the game announcement was like nobody want it, and now everybody want it, weird.
              Last edited by Zombie; 06-09-2008, 11:14 AM.

Comment

Aw, that sucks.
                I wanted to play the Wii version.

But I guess as time passes it might still be ported.

Comment

Originally posted by A-J View Post
                  Nintendo Everything has the scoop.
                  haha, no they don't, the Capcom BBS does!

Comment

there's no point in this game being ported over unless it has some new features or new controls!

I genuinely do not know what benefit the Wii controls would have on this game!?

If you wanna play this game on your Wii, buy the Gamecube game!

Comment

^Relax chiko.
                      Most of us have RE0.
                      But the Wii version is played with the Wii-mote as well, and we want to experience it that way as well.

Comment

To be honest I want RE0 Wii, but only becouse I'm curious , but a lot of fans say that RE0 Wii is only a stupid direct port... and it's the truth!
                        It doesn't matter to me, I have RE0 NGC

Comment

Originally posted by Zombie View Post
                          I hope the game works fine with the freeloader but I can understand why Capcom doesn´t want to bring it to USA or Europe. The initial reaction to the game announcement was like nobody want it, and now everybody want it, weird.
                          The brain always wants what it can't have.
                          PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

I'd say do a limited run of the game and see how it goes by making it available on Capcom.com only. I would have welcomed the title into my Wii collection anyway but if this is how they feel then nothing can be done.

"We've listened to the community at-large on this particular issue."

I take this comment as a slap in the face. The Capcom BBS shouldn't reflect every Resident Evil fans opinion.
                            Last edited by alf717; 06-09-2008, 12:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by alf717 View Post
                              I'd say do a limited run of the game and see how it goes by making it available on Capcom.com only. I would have welcomed the title into my Wii collection anyway but if this is how they feel then nothing can be done.

"We've listened to the community at-large on this particular issue."

I take this comment as a slap in the face. The Capcom BBS shouldn't reflect every Resident Evil fans opinion.
                              Forgive but I think Sven is right, on the Capcom US Forum almost nobody want RE0 Wii, and after this news someone want it, why?... Capcom is not stupid but fans yes...
                              Last edited by Sunglasses; 06-09-2008, 12:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X